• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Do you like the 1980s? Movies like Scarface, shows like Miami Vice, music by hair bands, real estate scams, and bright colouful colours with plenty of neon? How about buying property, buying a katana at a mall and slicing people, wearing your sunglasses at night as you ride a motorbike around with a trail of light behind you as Twisted Sister's "I wanna rock!" blares away, or just dancing the cocaine night away? Vice City is the way to go.

This is quite possibly the best Vice City description I've ever read.

mrgone

Why is Fall of Cybertron still $60?

BobbyKotickActivisionEvil-11.png

Why would that happen?

I'm guessing with all the bullshit that's being greenlit these days Valve decided that they needed a breather from people getting around the system that easily, at least until they've adjusted their end to be able to handle a truly more open system.

rookiejet

187 Ride or Die There was a bunch of games like this after San Andreas and none of them held a candle to San Andreas.

That actually looks like a fun racing game. I can see your riders quips wearing thin after a while though. It did for me 5 minutes in that video. "Hell yeah!" "Move this motherfuckin' whip!" "Hell yeah!" "Holy shit!" "Keep your eyes on the fuckin' road!" "This's bullshit!" "Fuck, this's my favorite ride!"...

derExperte

I don't want to name names but it's hilarious how obvious some GAFers are cheating to get Playfire rewards. Zero playtime and only a few achievements that you can't get before unlocking others too unlocked at the same time? Come on.

Kiru

I don't want to name names but it's hilarious how obvious some GAFers are cheating to get Playfire rewards. Zero playtime and only a few achievements that you can't get before unlocking others too unlocked at the same time? Come on.

Those people will ruin it for all of us :D

That actually looks like a fun racing game. I can see your riders quips wearing thin after a while though. It did for me 5 minutes in that video. "Hell yeah!" "Move this motherfuckin' whip!" "Hell yeah!" "Holy shit!" "Keep your eyes on the fuckin' road!" "This's bullshit!" "Fuck, this's my favorite ride!"...

Oh man, what was that Saturn urban tank combat + hip hop game where you were part of "Da Wardenz"?

:digs around:... Shellshock!

I hope you want to hear "That's way to do it, mang!" and "Yo! Way to go!" over and over and over.

nexen

The one you have the most interest in theme wise.

Do you like the 1980s? Movies like Scarface, shows like Miami Vice, music by hair bands, real estate scams, and bright colouful colours with plenty of neon? How about buying property, buying a katana at a mall and slicing people, wearing your sunglasses at night as you ride a motorbike around with a trail of light behind you as Twisted Sister's "I wanna rock!" blares away, or just dancing the cocaine night away? Vice City is the way to go.
I don't know, from my admittedly hazy recollection the average person could still expect to own property until at least the mid 1990s.

Kiru

Update about the Who's Gaming Now stuff
WGN Status

So today I found that the Who's Gaming Now group had been "administratively disabled". They have not given me a reason (which would have been nice!), so I am currently waiting on Steam support to get back to me.

If you're interested in the live streams, follow me on Twitch to get email notifications when we go live: http://www.twitch.tv/carlmundo

Thanks for being patient and I will let you know what happens.

-Carl

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Was the AoM unlcock date pushed back to May 8th? I swear it was going to be unlocked today.

BruteUA

My defining moment came early in the game. I'm in a golf cart chasing a dude down so I can beat him to death with a golf club, while "Bark at the Moon " plays over the radio. Profoundly surreal.

Shepard

Kinda off-topic but I'd like to thank everyone who said the best controller for PC was the DS4, just bought it and it is indeed reaaallyy good.

the sad thing is the playfire system is so buggy they probably won't be penalized.

Grief.exe

Those people will ruin it for all of us :D

That is what I am worried about. The system would work great as long as there is a barrier to entry, strip that down and they might have to lower the rewards we get drastically.

I'm playing the games anyways, and so far I have really enjoyed them. I don't really mind if I miss out on a couple bucks by not fully 100% the games either.

I enjoyed what I played of Fez, but I really had no desire to go back and grab some of the more tedious achievements.

In the case of Dark Souls II, there are some tedious achievements near the end, but apparently you can easily acquire all of the spells/miracles/hexes/pyromancies in NG++ that are locked behind covenant grinds. I'm planning on going back to NG+ immediately to clear up all the things I missed playing the game blind.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Imo this whole Playfire Rewards thing would work better with PS Trophies and 360 Achievements since there is no way to cheat for them without risking an account ban. But I guess it's easier for them to track cheevos on Steam so they went with that

Can't wait to buy another platform for one game. Thanks for exclusivity gaming world!

What game could make you do that?

Imo this whole Playfire Rewards thing would work better with PS Trophies and 360 Achievements since there is no way to cheat for them without risking an account ban. But I guess it's easier for them to track cheevos on Steam so they went with that

GMG doesn't sell console games though. ;)

Update log on my Dark Souls quest.

Yesterday I used my free day to spend with lady and playing Dark Souls. It was a good day.

As I foretold, his-honorless-ass-Capra was very weak to my fireball power, and I managed to kill him on my 3rd try.
0A7ACE418FAD0CCD9888B5B50559E9804D97AF58

Where is your goat now? bitch.

I ventured forward into the Depths. I think I enjoy more the more open DS areas, those sewers don't look that cool to me.
Faced a LOT of rats, zombies and a couple of butchers. Came into a very large rat, and a fire message said something like "try thrust". I equipped a spear and proceed to cheap my way with the giant rodent. Didn't felt good, but that Rat would not hesitate to do worse to me.
I kept exploring and killing rats and found some strange big-eyed toads, at first I thought something was amiss, as the road towards it was covered by bodies covered in thorns. The fuckers cursed me! and I respawned with half my life! I traveled all the way back into the church where I fought the gargoyles and found the shaman guy. I bought a couple of those anti-curse stones. Dang it. Now that I was there, I visited my buddy the blacksmith and gave him a Large Ember and he proceed to reinforce my axe into a nifty Axe +7, so I guess this trek was worthwhile.

I journeyed back to the depths, found the bonfire, kindled it and found the fog door leading to the boss. There, it was my bud's Solaire summon spot.
A466581EF8538473F0E3AE71897D2E25ED31BDBC

Want some tacos after this?

We fought together a very impressive Gaping Dragon which took out my buddy Solaire and then me, but I returned and enacted vengeance of the monster.
7FB1D7DB067FB8A88F70819BE52A97EEE0B43C7B

For Solaire...

After killing that thing, I traveled to a place called "Blighttown", as an architect, my official statement on such place is: "goddamn hellhole".
Dammit, what a place! full of dart blowing bastards, and poison bastards, and giant poison bastards, and lets not forget of the fire dog bastards. Also, is that a drop on FPS??? the hell???... I found the bonfire after traveling the goddamn hellhole and expect to continue my adventures today...

Miguel81

Kinda off-topic but I'd like to thank everyone who said the best controller for PC was the DS4, just bought it and it is indeed reaaallyy good.

It really is a fantastic controller, but both of the ones I originally purchased had faulty shoulder buttons, and I had to return them. I'm gonna wait for awhile before I purchase another, and use my DS3 in the meantime

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I wasn't expecting this, but Actua Soccer 3 has been released on Steam for $4.89, at a discount of 30% it's usual price.

About the Game

A Football classic! Experience fast-paced and addictive football action in this awesome simulation of the world’s most loved sport. Over 450 clubs, 10,000 players and hundreds of stadiums make for one of the most realistic football games ever!

Adding a few images for those who can visit the Steam store.

ss_22a7b3f0d9f0c654193d06ec48a93ddbcda6921b.1920x1080.jpg

ss_871c3a7b8dc6bc582c616451d847bc4d31a26bf4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_346d34c32b41b5e42ea1a78240db7a5a80328e3e.1920x1080.jpg

-MD-

Gotta save some for The Fortress

What's that?

How would GMG benefit from offering Playfire wards to console games?

Totally lttp but Pinball FX2 is very good, not that I'm experienced with that type of game, I didn't played too much with the real ones and the only other pinball game I played was the one that used to come with Windows. :p

*Add a lot of DLC to wishlist*

Update log on my Dark Souls quest.

Yesterday I used my free day to spend with lady and playing Dark Souls. It was a good day.

As I foretold, his-honorless-ass-Capra was very weak to my fireball power, and I managed to kill him on my 3rd try.

I ventured forward into the Depths. I think I enjoy more the more open DS areas, those sewers don't look that cool to me.
Faced a LOT of rats, zombies and a couple of butchers. Came into a very large rat, and a fire message said something like "try thrust". I equipped a spear and proceed to cheap my way with the giant rodent. Didn't felt good, but that Rat would not hesitate to do worse to me.
I kept exploring and killing rats and found some strange big-eyed toads, at first I thought something was amiss, as the road towards it was covered by bodies covered in thorns. The fuckers cursed me! and I respawned with half my life! I traveled all the way back into the church where I fought the gargoyles and found the shaman guy. I bought a couple of those anti-curse stones. Dang it. Now that I was there, I visited my buddy the blacksmith and gave him a Large Ember and he proceed to reinforce my axe into a nifty Axe +7, so I guess this trek was worthwhile.

I journeyed back to the depths, found the bonfire, kindled it and found the fog door leading to the boss. There, it was my bud's Solaire summon spot.

We fought together a very impressive Gaping Dragon which took out my buddy Solaire and then me, but I returned and enacted vengeance of the monster.

After killing that thing, I traveled to a place called "Blighttown", as an architect, my official statement on such place is: "goddamn hellhole".
Dammit, what a place! full of dart blowing bastards, and poison bastards, and giant poison bastards, and lets not forget of the fire dog bastards. Also, is that a drop on FPS??? the hell???... I found the bonfire after traveling the goddamn hellhole and expect to continue my adventures today...

I love reading your Dark Souls stories. I was wondering when you were going to get to the frogs haha.

Shit, i haven't even gotten around to playing dark souls 1 and now there's 2 and whatever the ps4 souls game is. I guess i'll have to start playing DS1 soon to get prepped. Wished they'd kill GFW on it already, though. it's always feels like a miracle whenever the game loads without an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom