• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Aww! McMillen just posted this on his tumblr, about Rebirth of course:

I guess "early 2014" just turned into september or something. :(

Must be because McMillen's making that 3DS port Salsa wants ;P

As long we keep getting small bits of news here and there, along with previews of the game's OST, I should be able to survive until winter without it. Hopefully.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Dark Souls

Just want to give a small rant. I'm seeing a lot of people upset with Dark Souls 2 and hear nothing but praise for the original game.(some of this is coming from other PC gamers that bought Dark Souls on PC the day it released. They have to feel burned by such a shitty port)

I really don't care if some of you feel the atmosphere, boss battles, and gameplay were better in the original game. I'm loving Dark Souls 2. Leave me in peace. That is all :D

I'm loving Dark Souls 2 and I'm one of those crazy bastards who imported the asian version of Demons Souls and played the series from the beginning. It's not perfect but it's still brilliant.

It was the messiest multiplayer on the PC thus far which after mw2 is an accomplishment. I liked the campaign a lot tho.

I adored the extinction mode in Ghosts but I just can't bring myself to buy map packs for just the extinction portions.

Tizoc

Should I feel bad for really really liking the PC version of Ghost? It's just casual fun to me. :)

It's because of the Doge isn't it?
XgDP93F.jpg

Pachimari

Only if you rank it above Black Ops 1 or 2.

hand over your pc gamer badge please

It was the messiest multiplayer on the PC thus far which after mw2 is an accomplishment. I liked the campaign a lot tho.

I'm strictly talking team deathmatch multiplayer. But I admit the spawns and small maps can be frustrating but luckily I'm not serious about my levelling up or anything, as I'll only be playing it this weekend.

I didn't play much of World at War or Black Ops 1, so I barely remember much of their multiplayer. The last one I seriously played were Call of Duty 2, which is my second favorite shooter of all time, while I also played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for some time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A few more of today's releases:

Another older game, Eurofighter Typhoon has been released for $9.99.

About the Game

In Eurofighter Typhoon, you are flying the famous Eurofighter on top of Iceland to fight against Russian troups which invade the country and prevent the outbreak of World War III. Quickly outnumbered, the ICEFOR has been abandoned by NATO but has been able to deploy a small number of the new Typhoon aircraft. You will take over the destiny of 6 pilots, each with his own skills and abilities, in real time. Take your part in a fascinating scenario with a lot of missions and objectives to achieve!

Every steering aspect has been simplified to make this game handable for every one. Eurofighter Typhoon is a simulator game advised to hardcore players who already have played other simulator games and to beginners!

Akane the Kunoichi is now available for $2.39, a discount of 20%.

About the Game

You are Akane, a Kunoichi ninja secretely loving her master Goro, a noble samurai. One day Goro is kidnapped by the evil Hiromi and her minions - you have to rescue him, but it won't be an easy task!

Many enemies will try to stop you, and you'll have to be brave to fight against the evil ninjas and huge monsters loyal to Hiromi.

Vlad

I'm starting to think Cargo Commander sucks a little too much to bother playing anymore. Too bad since it has some nice ideas going on.

Completely agreed. I liked it at first, but after a while it just got too samey on every run. I've actually come across a lot of the "games that have a good idea but don't do nearly enough with it" thing recently. Offspring Fling, Lunar Flight, and Steamworld Dig have all impressed me up front, but after a little bit of time I find myself in complete "is that all there is to it?" mode.

Miguel81

Just getting into the groove in Mark of the Ninja. It's been awhile since I played such a good stealth game. I'm using a DS3 and the controls are excellent.

Tizoc

Is that Chaos Legion game any good? Looks kind of like Contra, on sale for 5 bucks.
Chaos-legion_Wallpaper_mn87.jpg

I think you're confused, Capcom hasn't released that game on Steam despite it having a PC ver. ;)

EDIT: Oh my bad it IS on sale, last I checked it, it didn't have a discount heh.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So with Guild wars 2 being on sale . i was wondering why this one is not available on steam while guild wars one + everything is ?

I found this after looking around a bit, from Mike O’Brien, president and co-founder of ArenaNet and executive producer of GW 1&2:

No, it almost certainly won't be on Steam. Valve has some new business terms will keep almost all new MMOs off Steam.

Keep in mind the GW2 client is free to download from our web site and has no copy protection. (And if it's really important, you can add non-Steam games to your Steam library.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25553134&postcount=28

Only took me three years to start playing the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. So it's Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith that are missing the Red Book audio. And, even though one kind soul uploaded images of the missing music from both games, due to some decisions made starting with Windows 7 on up the music won't repeat even if you do successfully mount the image and get it working.

Think I'll just play some music in the background instead. Tron Legacy is working out alright.

Grief.exe

Still waiting for MW2 to go 75% somewhere.

Will see what happens tomorrow during the featured daily. I would imagine 66% off, but who knows.

I don't think Activision likes to put the Call of Duty games on sale as they are mechanically so similar and all still have an online community. A customer could just buy MW1/2 and get a fundamentally similar experience to buying Ghosts.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Totally lttp but Pinball FX2 is very good, not that I'm experienced with that type of game, I didn't played too much with the real ones and the only other pinball game I played was the one that used to come with Windows. :p

*Add a lot of DLC to wishlist*

Welcome to the pinball party, one of the best times you can have on Steam I believe. Just as a friendly tip, do try to learn what the "missions" are in each game as they do give high amount of points when accomplished.

If you need help, here are guides to the various tables. https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...in-s-Table-Guides-for-PFX2-amp-Marvel-Pinball

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 6.0.1. Since the last published version (v5.9.1) this update includes:
  • Added profile links to private profiles
  • Gift transactions are now listed separately in account totals
  • Added warning if browsing in a language other than your preferred language (set in options)
  • Added ability to add a custom amount to your Steam wallet
  • Fixed a bug that caused inventory pages to not always show price history
  • Fixed a bug that caused highlighting not to work correctly if DOM storage was disabled
  • Fixed a bug that caused emptying your shopping cart to break purchase process
  • Fixed a bug that caused you to not be able to have more than one item in your cart at once
  • Fixed a bug on badge pages that showed incorrect market links
  • Fixed a bug that caused the market page to format incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug in some languages where badge filtering didn't work properly
This version of Enhanced Steam will NOT update automatically from Mozilla. In order to install this update, you must follow these instructions:
  1. Remove your existing Enhanced Steam extension by opening the Firefox Addons Page and clicking "Remove"
  2. Visit the Enhanced Steam Firefox download page
  3. Click "Download Now"
  4. You'll get a message that looks like this. Click "Allow".
  5. You'll see the normal extension installation dialog, press "Install Now"
This new version of Enhanced Steam will now keep itself up to date automatically from this point forward.

Why the change?
Mozilla has always been slow to approve new updates for Enhanced Steam. By installing the extension directly from the Enhanced Steam website, we can release updates more quickly in the future. There are also a number of Enhanced Steam features that Mozilla has made me remove from Enhanced Steam in order to comply with their publishing guidelines (not for technical reasons). By publishing the extension directly, we are no longer subject to this editorial process. This means that more of the features that have been only available in the Chrome version of the plugin can be ported to the Firefox extension in upcoming versions.

What if I don't trust you and want to keep the version I downloaded from Mozilla?
That's perfectly fine. But keep in mind, it will no longer be updated with new features and bug fixes. The latest version Mozilla has (v5.9.1) is also incompatible with Firefox version 29 and higher. If you would like to keep your existing extension and it's current functionality, I recommend not upgrading past Firefox 28.

Is the source code for this extension available to view online?
Yes. You can find a copy of the source code here. It is released under the GNU General Public License.

I have another question that isn't covered here
I'm always available to help at contact@enhancedsteam.com

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Good change, I'm sure you'll lose a few loonies who don't trust the plugin without some asinine approval process but I feel like that's the best road to take to keep both plugins as neck and neck as possible.

So I was playing Bad Bots last night for a few hours got to
Dana
went to bed and now today the game crashes when I load my save.

of Step Event0
for object obj_MUSIC:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.music_playing(100408, 0)
at gml_Object_obj_MUSIC_Step_0 (line -1) - <unknown source line>
#######################################################################

ss_lemonade

Steam client question. I was trying to play some games on my surface pro while not connected to the internet so it asked me if I wanted to continue through offline mode. I selected offline and after a few seconds, got a message saying that steam couldn't connect because I had no internet. What's up with that? Why call it offline mode if it needs to go online first lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom