• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not your fault it's Riot Games. They'll pay for this some day.
they're pretty cool skins tho, they don't really look like dinos outside of anivia but u know, it's something

Is it that hard to write a couple letters besides linking images?
Saves a lot of time.

i forgot? i knew jawmunchie would know what game it was and since it was addressed at him i'm unsure why you're making such a big deal out of it

don't know what you want from me

He's a vegetable. They're not that smart.
love ya veggie<3
smarter than me im sure

Jawmuncher

they're pretty cool skins tho, they don't really look like dinos outside of anivia but u know, it's something

i forgot? i knew jawmunchie would know what game it was and since it was addressed at him i'm unsure why you're making such a big deal out of it

Guy on the top would be cool if he didn't have those Zerg Mandibles.

Shadownet

Banned
1271345110610574952.jpg
this is a kickass box art.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's only because you've never tried to write your own 21st century bible
no idea what that means

i liked the episode with like gay people being actually like space roaches in disguise, i thought that was funny

that's about it

i'm just generally not a fan of things that try to do "offensive humor"

like i watch south park sometimes and the only thing about it i find funny are the silly latin american voices doing silly translated neutral (as in, recorded in like colombia or something without colombia-isms so argies can understand eet) recorded swearing

no idea what that means

i liked the episode with like gay people being actually like space roaches in disguise, i thought that was funny

that's about it

i'm just generally not a fan of things that try to do "offensive humor"

like i watch south park sometimes and the only thing about it i find funny are the silly latin american voices doing silly translated neutral (as in, recorded in like colombia or something without colombia-isms so argies can understand eet) recorded swearing

It's not offensive humor, though. It's merely a raw flawless diamond that merely needs to be cut and polished.

tmarg

i don't understand why steam puts curators you don't follow on games' pages

i don't care about these people, that's why i don't follow them...

The problem is that the only reason there are any big names using the curating system is for self promotion. Valve has to shove them in everyone's face, or no one will do it. It's one of the biggest reasons why I've always hated the curating system.

zkylon

zkylewd
Seen you post this tons, but now I'm watching it with Salt N Pepa - Push It in the background. Totally different experience.
yeah

not sure if it's an experience i would want to repeat

?

The problem is that the only reason there are any big names using the curating system is for self promotion. Valve has to shove them in everyone's face, or no one will do it. It's one of the biggest reasons why I've always hated the curating system.
i think the biggest problem is that the curating process is super shit. you have to go to your groups, find the group you're admining, go to the curator page and then write your curation.

it's so fucking annoying it's barely even worth it

like imagine if you could just do it like you do any review, from the game's page

why do you have to create a group to curate in the first place? it's hard to understand how valve designed the system so fucking poorly. i love the concept, but as always, half-assness wins for valve

Jawmuncher

Cheer up, JawmuncherC.

No Turning Back in the Groupees BAGB19 will be released on Steam in August, but keys should be out already.

I was about to be with the picture until I saw the C. I'll never figure out what the cause of that was.
Still think JaseC hacked my account just to do it.

i don't understand why steam puts curators you don't follow on games' pages

i don't care about these people, that's why i don't follow them...

Because if you had to actively follow curators to see them on games' pages, nobody would follow anybody, and everything would be just like it was before...without curators.

And we sure as hell can't have THAT.

Jawmuncher

I'm sorry.
I... I only did it because I've seen other people do it.

... I just want to be one of the cool kids.

The twist is that cool kids are never cool.

-----

Wonder why steam doesn't have a way to be invisible online. Seems to only allow for Offline. Don't need it but i've been curious why Xbox has it but no where else.

zkylon

zkylewd
Because if you had to actively follow curators to see them on games' pages, nobody would follow anybody, and everything would be just like it was before...without curators.

And we sure as hell can't have THAT.

the top curation i see of phantom breaker is totalbiscuit saying you have to "tolerate" the magical girl aesthetic, so the system is already a complete failure if it was supposed to cater to my interests

I was about to be with the picture until I saw the C. I'll never figure out what the cause of that was.
Still think JaseC hacked my account just to do it.

the c?

Is anyone really using curators?

To me it still seems like a system where already popular internet-celebs promote their channels and other curators just add almost every shit that has a certain astethics (anime).

Jawmuncher

the top curation i see of phantom breaker is totalbiscuit saying you have to "tolerate" the magical girl aesthetic, so the system is already a complete failure if it was supposed to cater to my interests

the c?

Awhile back out of the blue Steam changed my name to JawmuncherC without any input from me. I didn't even realize until frost pointed it out. Has been a joke ever since I brought it up here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is anyone really using curators?

To me it still seems like a system where already popular internet-celebs promote their channels and other curators just add almost every shit that has a certain astethics (anime).

i try to curate things pretty regularly based on the kind of things i like but the process is so stupid that i dunno why anyone with a life would bother with it

Awhile back out of the blue Steam changed my name to JawmuncherC without any input from me. I didn't even realize until frost pointed it out. Has been a joke ever since I brought it up here.

ohh

weird

Eh, just a pet-peeve of me. I came off worse thn I meant it. Don't take it to heart, yo. Sorry if it got you.

73V3N

Banned
i accidentally won an extra copy of Viscera Cleanup Detail, and I don't want to get a "+1 given" for a game that isn't really mine so... if anyone wants it PM me and I will send you the code.

EDIT: gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom