• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll keep this brief, Steam Greenlight status report update for how Close Your Eyes: Redux is doing.

It's now been 106 hours since I put the game up on Greenlight. And as expected, around the time the third day came around, things really slowed down dramatically, where instead of getting votes by the hour, I got 1-2 yes votes every 3-4 hours. This in big part is probably due to the game getting off the first page of Steam Greenlight, and me not having any other big push in motion out there for attention. Greenlight is definitely about learning how to advertise yourself and get people interested in your project, trying to find your audience and able to convince them to click yes to this being on Steam.

Four Days in Stats:
b3934cf005c75d56ac4d298deac1cc35.png

Still doing better than I expected, and now to initiate phase 2 of this... Trying to advertise, and get people like YouTubers to play the game. I'm fairly modest, so I'll admit to not fully looking forward to this. I also need to figure out if there's any other good way to push for it getting onto Steam.

I also finished the whole soundtrack for the game, if anyone wants to take a listen. Some of it was done by me over a year ago, others I've done in the last couple weeks, and some is royalty free/licensed music. Hopefully the music comes out alright in the game. I've also fixed a lot of bugs in the game, and added new 'scare' and Easter Egg scenes.

Jawmuncher

they're both shit names

spartan stands out better than edge.
I just think of crappy phone service with that one.

I'll keep this brief, Steam Greenlight status report update for how Close Your Eyes: Redux is doing.

It's now been 106 hours since I put the game up on Greenlight. And as expected, around the time the third day came around, things really slowed down dramatically, where instead of getting votes by the hour, I got 1-2 yes votes every 3-4 hours. This in big part is probably due to the game getting off the first page of Steam Greenlight, and me not having any other big push in motion out there for attention. Greenlight is definitely about learning how to advertise yourself and get people interested in your project, trying to find your audience and able to convince them to click yes to this being on Steam.

Four Days in Stats:

Still doing better than I expected, and now to initiate phase 2 of this... Trying to advertise, and get people like YouTubers to play the game. I'm fairly modest, so I'll admit to not fully looking forward to this. I also need to figure out if there's any other good way to push for it getting onto Steam.

I also finished the whole soundtrack for the game, if anyone wants to take a listen. Some of it was done by me over a year ago, others I've done in the last couple weeks, and some is royalty free/licensed music. Hopefully the music comes out alright in the game. I've also fixed a lot of bugs in the game, and added new 'scare' and Easter Egg scenes.

Do one of us need to make a thread about it. There's all the Gaffer made stuff. Don't see why it would be an issue to help get a free game on greenlight.

Jawmuncher

Spartan is stupid cause Halo

as stupid as Microsoft's Ok Google / Siri being "Cortana"

No that's what makes it cool. MS's own "cinematic" universe but in the tech field.

How the hell am I supposed to go back and beat DA:I after playing Wild Hunt.

I do hope that W3 success does make Bioware rethink their current set up.
I can't play a ME game that's just a reskin of the style DA:I is.

Dusk Golem

Do one of us need to make a thread about it. There's all the Gaffer made stuff. Don't see why it would be an issue to help get a free game on greenlight.

I'll leave that up to people, though I will admit my modesty kicks in with that since then I think, "But this was just a small project I did, graphically it looks terrible, do I want to push forward with what's less than my best but surprisingly well received from those that played it? I worked less than a 100 hours on it, sure I'm putting in more work now but can I really ask things of people," but I will say I'm getting slightly better at it. It helps I think since the game is freeware and I'm not going to get a dime out of it, and for the fact I'm doing this as an experiment and practice for the future with bigger-effort projects.

So I'll leave it up to people, though I bet some will call out how bad graphically it looks. XD;

Steamcommunity almost never remembers me anymore and it makes me sad. :(

I'm pretty terrible at names, so unless I get someone's name ingrained in my head or they have a consistent avatar I recognize, I can be bad at recognition.

Salsa

im at the treshold

you know, the treshold

like, I've been thinking about The Witcher 3 a lot and did nothing but play since release and today I got home and instead of launching it even tho I wanted to while at work, I just started browsing / Spotify and now it's dinner time and I havent played all day

this is the "why did I stop playing this game if I absolutely loved it?" threshold

need to get through it. feels too familiar

im at the treshold

you know, the treshold

like, I've been thinking about The Witcher 3 a lot and did nothing but play since release and today I got home and instead of launching it even tho I wanted to while at work, I just started browsing / Spotify and now it's dinner time and I havent played all day

this is the "why did I stop playing this game if I absolutely loved it?" threshold

I wish I could get there, need to do some things for the university and TW3 is tempting me all the time.

Dsyndrome

im at the treshold

you know, the treshold

I'm there and haven't played more than 13 hours. Just kept playing pinball today and now I'm off to the brewpub for dinner. Hopefully I'll be motivated once I get home and don't just watch Community.

Salsa

I played for 55 hours in a few days so I guess I got that excuse

game's great tho, and i'll finish the fuck out of it. just kinda overwhelmed, tired, and the hard part is launching it

Parsnip

I'm pretty terrible at names, so unless I get someone's name ingrained in my head or they have a consistent avatar I recognize, I can be bad at recognition.

I can't tell if you are joking or not...
So just to make sure, I meant that the Steam's community stuff is always logging me out even though I always pick it to 'remember me' when I log in. Cookies are broken or something.

Dusk Golem

I can't tell if you are joking or not...
So just to make sure, I meant that the Steam's community stuff is always logging me out even though I always pick it to 'remember me' when I log in. Cookies are broken or something.

I wasn't joking, reading comprehension fail on my part. XD;

Have you tried clearing all cookies? Maybe there's some conflictions, is a thought.

zkylon

zkylewd
They only had one job. To not disappoint me, and they failed.

i mean, just buy that anivia skin and play her

she's pretty beast right now

they're beautiful

it's a shame they couldn't just change Jurassic Cho into this

nah i don't think ppl would appreciate a skin they payed for being drastically changed

You're just trying to get me to play LoL with you aren't you...
not really, not a game i'd recommend to most ppl unless they hate themselves as much as i hate myself, but had to correct a misinformed assumption

like both doto and league and other mobas come from rtses but league does not play like a rts at all

i don't like rtses so i'd be the first one to be like "fuck this" if that were the case (like i was with doto)

rtcn63

OP in the OT doesn't know how good he's got it. My older brother just beat me in a fist fight by... threatening to drop to his knees.

I really should install Phantom Breakers. Too hot tho.

Jawmuncher

i mean, just buy that anivia skin and play her

she's pretty beast right now

nah i don't think ppl would appreciate a skin they payed for being drastically changed

not really, not a game i'd recommend to most ppl unless they hate themselves as much as i hate myself, but had to correct a misinformed assumption

like both doto and league and other mobas come from rtses but league does not play like a rts at all

i don't like rtses so i'd be the first one to be like "fuck this" if that were the case (like i was with doto)

I'm Dinoist, I don't like the flying ones.

im sorry jawmunchie
Guys, please.

Post what the images are from.

Don't be that guy. Come on. It's not hard. Don't be that lazy.

Four Days in Stats:

Interesting read. Wish you luck buddy. How many "Yes" votes does it take to be greenlit?

How did you make the music in which programs did you use? Do you have a musical background?
9f55c41fdc.gif

Can someone update this gif with the discounts from the sales?
That's it frost. That's the movie I was talking to you about!
If any of ya played Project Reality 2 mod for BF2, there's now a Kickstarter for a standalone game made by the original PR2 modders. Unfortunately it is 35 USD / 37 CAD for the game itself.

Kickstarter link for Squad: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/offworldindustries/squad/description
Livestream excerpts from their April 2015 build.
Hope they make it. Surprisingly enough, more grounded modern warfare shooters are rare nowadays. Battlefield is a bit too over the top for me. Insurgency is good though.
Good Lord this game is stunning visually!
And there's a lot of customization going on as well.
Kinda shame though that because of the view most weapon detail will not be seen. Generally would like a TPS mode to be there in the end.
With so many quality F2P MP-games on the market, I always assume new MP-only games to be F2P as well. Wonder how this game will do.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's the best Scrooge Simulator ever made. Shame about any part of the game that isn't swimming in the Moneybin.

zkylon

zkylewd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom