• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get Trails in the Sky Third Chapter tomorrow but, I don't think ill play it that much at the moment.

Today rather.

I heard that anime is stupid, but this is more than stupid >.<
She summoned a girl and they kissed so the summoned girl becomes fighting gloves?

Actual bad anime.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh, one of the things in the popup when you open Steam is a Defiance event... thats still going on? The game I mean. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit from what I played back whenever it came out, I didnt play much tho (well much for the genre, I think I played like 15 hours or whatever). It was surprisingly fun iirc.

kagamin

Some anime is stupid, unless you implying your avatar is stupid too?

4d5.gif
I think you missed the point of his comment there. :p

Lain

She summoned a girl and they kissed so the summoned girl becomes fighting gloves?

She doesn't summon a girl. Girls can turn into weapons. Girl is pushed back while fighting using the other girl as a sword, so she turns into her weapon form for the other girl to wield and they go back to fight.
The game literally turns girls into objects, as does the anime, though the anime is way more extreme, but the plot in it is off the charts.

Akutsi

Neo Member
I hope I'm doing this right.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Akutsi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-37DC6ED144B3349E - Taken by lazerfox
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-B0C84CE95BCE0B59 - Taken by Vuze

Corpekata

Banned

You missed the best part. It's a game about kissing your sister so she becomes fighting gloves.

Corpekata

Banned
That's is the most stupid part, lol. Is kissing the weapon transformation method?

IIRC someone described the anime as more about fingerbanging them into weapons. I think that's about all they could show in a quick clip, or maybe the game itself is tamer, idk.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why do you guys have to make me sad about Parasite Eve?

I moved on from bullying Jawmuncher with Dino Crisis and decided to move to Parasite Eve.

The 3rd Birthday at least is not as bad as Dino Crisis 3. I'll give it that.

Deques

No I get, I just find it ironic he has an anime avatar.

[IMGhttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/405/934/0a4.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. I like anime, but sometimes I hate anime because of too much of oversexualization of women

Those are called ecchi anime, not all anime are like that.

Not all are like that, but because of the fanbase, those are also the ones (besides most shounen) that get the most attention.
You dont see many people talking about Tatami Galaxy, Uchouten Kazoku, Mushishi, Kaiba, Kaiji etc. but more about Keijo, To Love Ru and stuff like that.

So the perception is flawed because of the fanbase.

Ludens

Banned
So in Automata I
purchased
10 achievements I was missing, but I notice there's one I still miss I can't
purchase.
Is that related to the dlc or not?
Also to get the
Emil's quests
, what chapter I need to reload?

Arthea

Nah, the controller controls are great too.

yeah, until you use a mouse for 15 minutes and then never look back. Everything from movement to combat to using S-crafts is better with mouse. It seems such a waste to use a controller for a game that controls so wonderfully with mouse.

huh, one of the things in the popup when you open Steam is a Defiance event... thats still going on? The game I mean. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit from what I played back whenever it came out, I didnt play much tho (well much for the genre, I think I played like 15 hours or whatever). It was surprisingly fun iirc.

I liked it too. The gameplay is quite solid with good story. It was originally a B2P game and turned F2P, so the polish is definitely there. There's only the lack of marketing that led the game to its dawnfall, I think.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. I like anime, but sometimes I hate anime because of too much of oversexualization of women

You watched the wrong anime, buddy.

Knurek

yeah, until you use a mouse for 15 minutes and then never look back. Everything from movement to combat to using S-crafts is better with mouse. It seems such a waste to use a controller for a game that controls so wonderfully with mouse.

Durante must be talking about Steam Controller.
Which is, pretty much a decent mouse with some gamepad buttons added.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I liked it too. The gameplay is quite solid with good story. It was originally a B2P game and turned F2P, so the polish is definitely there. There's only the lack of marketing that led the game to its dawnfall, I think.

I wonder how it is these days, I should download it and give it a whirl

Bigby

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd -- MB-9973E82DA535803B - Taken by Ganado. 70 entrants total.

t1493837954z1.png

For visibility.

Arthea

I can't believe somebody (anybody) can seriously believe that Skyrim is the best RPG
like it's so deeply defies reason, it's unsettling

Tizoc

Go watch
One punch man
Mob psycho 100
Jojo's bizarre adventure
Hokuto no ken
Ergo proxy

Oversexualization in anime is indeed irritating, but u r bound to find series that dont feature it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This doesn't even mean anything. Everything has a chance. What else should he answer? "No"?

You've got the wrong end of the stick. I was responding to the now-outdated belief that Valve "is not in the single-player, narrative-driven game dev business any more", so the particularly relevant portion of the article I linked to is the paragraph above that which you refer to. Namely:

First off, when asked if Valve was working on "any fully-fledged single-player games", Newell replied with a simple "yes".

This is far more affirmative than past comments from Newell: first that Portal 2 may very well be Valve's "last isolated single-player experience", and, more recently, that there would have to be a very compelling case for a cabal to double-down on a traditional single-player SKU. To state the obvious, that Valve is working on "fully-fledged single-player games" means it is not done with single-player games, which is all I was getting at.

kionedrik

IGN and Game Informer with their Top 100 RPG lists... my god at some of the choices :| hahaha

IGN (Incomplete for now): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367434
Game Informer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235501129&postcount=141

14. Deus Ex
13. Planescape: Torment
12. Fallout 3

Can't decide what hurts more, this or Skyrim at #1

edit:
84. Horizon: Zero Dawn
81. Destiny
73. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

These are also pretty good examples of how pathetic these lists are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom