• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

speaking of anime

I just finished Your Lie in April...

4tltteagelzu.png

I'm liking this discussion, feels like a Steam thread.

SE Lain kinda brought me to the real anime world.

My first anime magazine purchase had a Lain cover and I still keep it to this day.

Wow, Nier:A went up by 60k with the asia release despite the god-awful handling of the release and price situation (310k right now).
I can't help but think that this game would already be between 400k-500k if Square Enix had handled this port with a modicum of decency.

Which is totally depressing. Why did people support it, ugh.

I'm sure they will release source engine 2 to other developers. i think they already have. Valve making and releasing another game? Doubt it.

Really? What other devs use Source Engine 2 so far? The only playable contents using Source Engine 2 so far are Dota 2 and SteamVR Performance Test and they are still in early phase and made by Valve.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate -- MB-E6A24AB1F0829121 - Taken by data
Steel Rain -- MB-0FB67864AC700D4A - Taken by Deques
Turbo Pug -- MB-AD6AD977C6A0E270 - Taken by Hakkelus

IIRC, 24 or 25 hours.

25 or 26, yeah.

JaseC

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve's next VR game could be made using Unreal Engine 4.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/596420/announcements/detail/1291814401937895208

As far as paid games are concerned, I imagine Valve would rather stay in-house as it has the resources to develop its own tools and otherwise would be paying royalties on sales revenue. But, yeah, it using UE4 for a free game isn't outside the realm of possibility given The Lab is a combination of Unity and Source 2.

Lain

For anime recommendations, if you don't mind a kind of surreal psychological story, I would push for Serial Experiments Lain, if you haven't seen it already.

Bringing it up both because I personally love the series, but also the series is an interesting deconstruction of a few anime tropes, including sexualization. The basic premise is that we follow a quiet girl name named Lain in Middle School. A girl at their school commits suicide, which gets the school gossiping, but Lain begins to receive messages from the supposedly dead student on the Wire (the internet, essentially). She also begins to get mistaken a lot for another Lain, somebody who seems to be popular on the internet who looks exactly like her and has her name but has a completely different personality.

This is all revealed in the first couple episodes of the show, and where the show goes from there is deeply interesting and quite something. The show is strange, but very intelligent. It was aired in 1998, but it's scary how much it predicted correctly about the upcoming 'rise' of the internet.

It's certainly not unpopular and a bit old now, so may have heard of it/seen it before, though.

Also it's better than Ergo Proxy and the two get compared a lot.

Dusk with the good taste in anime.

Really? What other devs use Source Engine 2 so far? The only playable contents using Source Engine 2 so far are Dota 2 and SteamVR Performance Test and they are still in early phase and made by Valve.

Respawn has it but I don't know if its being used instead of their heavily modified version of source.

JaseC

Respawn has it but I don't know if its being used instead of their heavily modified version of source.

Respawn just has its heavily modified Source engine. There's no Source 2 SDK just yet and at this point I'll be surprised if one surfaces before L4D3 or whatever Valve's flagship Source 2-powered game is to be. A release later down the track would be for the best considering the growing pains Troika had to endure when developing Bloodlines with a pre-HL2 Source SDK (well, that and the fact that Valve doesn't need to rush out an SDK since game engine licensing is firmly one of its tertiary concerns).

derFeef

I don't want to post that in the Nier:A thread, but should I be able to run it at 4k with 60fps on a 1070 + an overclocked i7 3770k? I am having some framerate issues even at 1440p

Hektor

I don't want to post that in the Nier:A thread, but should I be able to run it at 4k with 60fps on a 1070 + an overclocked i7 3770k? I am having some framerate issues even at 1440p

Let's just say the games housemade engine isn't all that good.

Aaron D.

Is tits FC playable with a controller? It says partial controller support on the steam page.

it is, but it's has some of the best mouse controls you'll ever see, so you really really shouldn't play it with a controller.

As a newcomer to the series (as in, the last 48 hours), I can attest to this.

I'm simply amazed at how well Trails FC controls with the mouse and mouse alone. Don't even need the keyboard.

Of note is how the mouse cursor stickies to menu selections. For instance in battle when your combat menu pops up the mouse automatically appears over the menu, even remembering your last category selection. Then when you select your attack it automatically appears over the enemy. It's reaaaally smart.

Websites and their top 100 lists are always going to be a nightmare.

you cat please everyone

and they have been done to death...there is no final list...you have to wait until there is no more games made.

lists in general is a bad idea, i mean, you dont wanna see my top 5, you will wanna kill me after you read that so.

fa3RaIv.gif

THANK you.

Man I hate, "You're WRONG and you should feel BAD." reactions to Best Of lists.

Don't agree? Fine.

Suggesting the writer is doing it wrong? Get out of here with that noise.

Make your own list if you're so tied in a knot over the top rankings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
李臻三(MOJO82)‏
@beartrap1982

Follow
More
Big press coneference coming up.together with SNK and TENCENT.I think the KOFXIV PC version will be on TGP(tencent wegame) first...#KOFXIV

saw this on Keits twitter

李臻三(MOJO82)‏
@beartrap1982

Follow
More
Big press coneference coming up.together with SNK and TENCENT.I think the KOFXIV PC version will be on TGP(tencent wegame) first...#KOFXIV

Could be. SNK worked with Tencent already before.

李臻三(MOJO82)‏
@beartrap1982

Follow
More

Not surprised. KOF is big over in Asia. I'm hoping it'll come to Steam soon after and not have some long exclusivity clause.

Tonton

李臻三(MOJO82)‏
@beartrap1982

Follow
More

This is stupid SNK pls

JakeD

what is going on with xbone controls in steam? my right stick won't work in any game unless i go in and manually set up the controller for each game in BPM. and because bluetooth is sketchy i have to do this every time i play? meaning every time i play a game i have to go into BPM and "set up" the controls?

is there any way to disable ALL big picture mode nonsense and play with a xbox controller like its 2013?

Ibuki

Banned
what is going on with xbone controls in steam? my right stick won't work in any game unless i go in and manually set up the controller for each game in BPM. and because bluetooth is sketchy i have to do this every time i play? meaning every time i play a game i have to go into BPM and "set up" the controls?

is there any way to disable ALL big picture mode nonsense and play with a xbox controller like its 2013?

I thought it was just me having these issues.

Basically each new game defaults to some weird combination of keys instead of the standard face buttons. Going in and manually resetting them works, but it's pretty annoying having to do it for each game.

I'm also using a wireless XB1 pad.

李臻三(MOJO82)‏
@beartrap1982

Follow
More

Is it possible they could still get a Steam release in the West at least?

sheaaaa

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sheaaaa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-326D8194074B4D46 - Taken by Freezard. 2 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower Of Monsters -- MB-1B5EB3C6A22B9E0F - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-020CA5A224A5ED00 - Taken by Ventilaator. 2 entrants total.
Underrail -- MB-3DA8088CC67BC91B - Taken by Aaron D.. 5 entrants total.

t1493823886z1.png

Spares

JaseC

So for example, if I would deselect all the other options except Xbox Controller, it should begin working properly?

I can't say for sure as I seldom use BPM, but there being a conflict wouldn't be surprising.

Bioshock 2 starting out with a super compressed, stuttering mess of an prerendered cutscene. They might actually be my least favorite technical thing in gaming.

Has there been any word on length for Prey? Given the hub environment I wonder if you can just skip half the game or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom