• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Hey guys, what's going on in here?

zZL4sSR.gif

dex3108

Don't use adblock they said, ads are fine they said. But now i have huge issues on GAF because damn ads won't load.

Tizoc

Don't use adblock they said, ads are fine they said. But now i have huge issues on GAF because damn ads won't load.

I have adblock installed on my family's lappys and PCs.
I have it installed on any Work PC I use at my workplace even.

Chariot

It doesn't happen often, but about once a week my comptuer freezes for two minutes while some neogaf ad is doing something.

dex3108

Have you tried a different browser?

I only have Edge beside Chrome and it work on Edge but i can't use it until they add extensions support. And when i installed AdBlock on chrome to test are the ads issue GAF loaded instantly without ads.

I have adblock installed on my family's lappys and PCs.
I have it installed on any Work PC I use at my workplace even.

I don't have issues with ads generally so i don;t use AdBlock. But sometimes they cause big issues.

It doesn't happen often, but about once a week my comptuer freezes for two minutes while some neogaf ad is doing something.

Last time i had issues was few months ago.

Jawmuncher

Trails FC
Trails SC
Trails TC
Trails of Zero
Trails of the Azure
Trails of Cold Steel 1
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (TBA)

But I thought the Cold Steel Stuff isn't related.
Actually so it's Tits 1-3
Trails Zero and Azure
Then Cold Steel 1-3
right?

EDIT: So it's all in the same place? So why would you play steel before the other stuff?

zkylon

zkylewd
Fallout 4 PS4 Screens thread is amazing XD

There are people who are claiming that game looks really good XD

looks pretty bad but also looks like it'll be ok at 1080p with antialiasing and higher draw distance and ao on pc

fallout visuals just win me over, whatever, the fabric on those vault suits looks awesome, i want to buy one

In the past as a 100% exclusive Sony console gamer (ps1 to ps3) I'd be all excite about those screens seeing nothing wrong and just thinking all you PC folk are a bunch of weirdos...but can't tell you how my life has changed being a PC exclusive gamer the past 3 months.

I've walked into the light with you all and it is glorious.
i mean, if you're enjoying it sure

if you're enjoying bringing ppl down for playing it on consoles then sadly pc gaming took another victim

In the past as a 100% exclusive Sony console gamer (ps1 to ps3) I'd be all excite about those screens seeing nothing wrong and just thinking all you PC folk are a bunch of weirdos...but can't tell you how my life has changed being a PC exclusive gamer the past 3 months.

I've walked into the light with you all and it is glorious.

Where's that gif of the two stoned guys walking through the beaded curtain?

dex3108

looks pretty bad but also looks like it'll be ok at 1080p with antialiasing and higher draw distance and ao on pc

fallout visuals just win me over, whatever, the fabric on those vault suits looks awesome, i want to buy one

Bethesda is claiming that game is 1080p on consoles but for me it looks like it is 900p upscaled on those screens. It is really blurry.

Maniac

Banned
Yo ma peepz, where's the cheapest I can get a copy of FO4 fo' my lady? I got a copy from the GMG price-mistake, but I wanna get it for her too. :>

Lain

But I thought the Cold Steel Stuff isn't related.
Actually so it's Tits 1-3
Trails Zero and Azure
Then Cold Steel 1-3
right?

EDIT: So it's all in the same place? So why would you play steel before the other stuff?

Because they're not connected like actual sequels would. Different casts, different stories, just happening in the same world with some callbacks and cameos, that kind of stuff.
Even Third Chapter, from what I've read, is like that in a sense, as the story is complete with Second Chapter while Third Chapter works more like an epilogue full of side stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bethesda is claiming that game is 1080p on consoles but for me it looks like it is 900p upscaled on those screens. It is really blurry.
i mean, tbh i don't really care much how it looks on consoles

consoles are not meant to be looked at from up close like this, so who cares, specially since the most egregious stuff seems to be resolution/jaggies/draw distance, all things that'll be ok on pc

but yeah whining about console games looking low-res is just petty, fuck it, the last of us looks gorgeous

Yo ma peepz, where's the cheapest I can get a copy of FO4 fo' my lady? I got a copy from the GMG price-mistake, but I wanna get it for her too. :>
it's 43ish on nuuvem, tho i dunno if it's region locked or whatever

dunno if there's a cheaper price

Maniac

Banned
PS: RollerCoaster Tycoon World has one of the most impressive options-menu I've seen in years. It's really in-depth, detailed and the game is evidently very good at scaling!

... Heh. Heheh. Eheheh.

i mean, if you're enjoying it sure

if you're enjoying bringing ppl down for playing it on consoles then sadly pc gaming took another victim
I literally said nothing to talk down to console gamers in my post.

I was one for 20 years up until 3 months ago.

Just my expectations of peformance has gone up since having a gaming PC and playing many of the same games I did on consoles and seeing the difference.

My post history would tell you I am the last person to be getting into this whole console/PC war. Sorry if I worded my post the wrong way.

Maniac

Banned
Turn on family sharing fo' yo lady and then she can play your copy for $0.

Then I can't hang out with muh lady and play it at the same time though. Besides, she's excited for it and I do feel I owe her a proper late birthday present.
i mean, tbh i don't really care much how it looks on consoles

consoles are not meant to be looked at from up close like this, so who cares, specially since the most egregious stuff seems to be resolution/jaggies/draw distance, all things that'll be ok on pc

but yeah whining about console games looking low-res is just petty, fuck it, the last of us looks gorgeous

Consoles are kind of.. Meant to be looked at even more 'upclose' than PC-games. Much bigger screens, often with sub-par pixel density, but in some cases really high-res TVs used for absolutely nothing.

If you have a 40"+ tellie it's harder to forget about the fact that there isn't a single shadow beyond 6 meters away, imo.

Although the game does benefit from a significantly cleaner, prettier artstyle than any other Bethesda game, but it suffers from the incredibly shite tech they're using, and their outright technical awfulness.

Cheers luv. I'll check it out and also take a look-see at IsThereAnyDeal or whatever it's called.

zkylon

zkylewd
I literally said nothing to talk down to console gamers in my post.

I was one for 20 years up until 3 months ago.

Just my expectations of peformance has gone up since having a gaming PC and playing many of the same games I did on consoles and seeing the difference.

My post history would tell you I am the last person to be getting into this whole console/PC war. Sorry if I worded my post the wrong way.
nah don't worry, i just meant like ppl in general, not you

it's just that the pc master race rabbit hole is not a place u wanna end up, let's celebrate great games everywhere etc...

Consoles are kind of.. Meant to be looked at even more 'upclose' than PC-games. Much bigger screens, often with sub-par pixel density, but in some cases really high-res TVs used for absolutely nothing.

If you have a 40"+ tellie it's harder to forget about the fact that there isn't a single shadow beyond 6 meters away, imo.

Although the game does benefit from a significantly cleaner, prettier artstyle than any other Bethesda game, but it suffers from the incredibly shite tech they're using, and their outright technical awfulness.
guess you have a point, my poor argie butt only has a 24" tv :>

but yeah, only thing i see from those screens is better color palette and probably better animations. anything else will be ok on pc

Cheers luv. I'll check it out and also take a look-see at IsThereAnyDeal or whatever it's called.
yea good idea, tho that site is not always on point

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2C56FC3A45F5CBA3 - Taken by L.O.R.D

The_Monk

nah don't worry, i just meant like ppl in general, not you

it's just that the pc master race rabbit hole is not a place u wanna end up, let's celebrate great games everywhere etc...

I wish more people could share the same thought as you but there's seems to be many people that, for some odd reason, feel the need to justify their purchases weather if it's a console or a expensive graphic card.

The focus about resolutions and other things sometimes reaches to a bigger discussion than for the game itself which is worrying. I'm not sure if this is because some people are way to insecure and in order for them to feel better about themselves or the recently purchased hardware they need to tell everyone how much superior they feel or how much inferior the other user is. I actually feel a bit sad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom