• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy -- MB-38E8FA773CC720C9 - Taken by neonglow
this should redeem on itunes
Start a new collection

Eila

Please only enter if you actually intend to play the game! If you end up winning, I would appreciate it if you could submit your impressions to Steam and post a link to the review in the Steam GAF thread once you are done with the game. This is not a requirement, but rather a request.

Great giveaway! I really enjoyed this game. Took me like 20 hours to beat, so it's not crazy long.

this can be ragequitting forever on that game for me. Sometimes I dont care to finish it. Or just watch a lets play *shrug*

Eventually tried disabling DX12 and weirdly enough, that worked.,

I actually really enjoyed the game overall, but man of all the places to drop a gamebreaking bug in, the final cutscene is not that place.

dex3108

I did Batman AA 100% (except challenges), Batman AA 100% (except challenges) and Batman AO 100% (except challenges). But man I couldn't do AK 100% and I just went through the story and few sidem missions and watched true end on YT. I still think that it is OK that they locked that ending behind 100% because it makes sense but they made side content so boring.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

blade ballet- #2 -- MB-5164FB4707060600 - Taken by dot
blade ballet- #3 -- MB-B58EEF9954FD3E28 - Taken by redlacs
blade ballet- -- MB-1DB87DA0F647D44E - Taken by NeoRaider

Grief.exe

Please only enter if you actually intend to play the game! If you end up winning, I would appreciate it if you could submit your impressions to Steam and post a link to the review in the Steam GAF thread once you are done with the game. This is not a requirement, but rather a request.

I almost entered, but I thought someone would enjoy that more than me since I am skipping around a few games right now.

Great giveaway.

I never installed this mod, but get on it. One of the more annoying things.

I also recommend ENB, kills the frame rate but it's gorgeous.

Alice: Madness Returns is a janky piece of shit!

It's too bad, as both the level and character designs are fantastic, both inside and outside of wonderland, and it has some neat game-play ideas, but everything works "kinda" at best.

It runs at 31 FPS, and tweaking it to 60 FPS made everything even more janky; it randomly fails to start; it randomly freezes during loading (ctrl+alt+del being the only way to exit that, then win+tab and showing the window onto a different desktop, so that you can actually use the task-manager); it crashes during certain quiz segments, so those I just skip now; it is interspersed with the most inane puzzles I have seen in a long time; level geometry is crude at best, so you'll often hit an invisible corner and drop like a rock (luckily this just causes you to respawn); and enemy hitboxes are crude as well, so you'll be hit by stuff that passed you by a wide margin; there is frequent stutter that eats your input (again causing you to drop like a rock); your input frequently gets eaten or repeated following screen transitions (best to avoid pressing anything!); the double/triple jumping works inconsistently at best (drop like a rock); auto-target is required to deal with several types of enemies, but unless both you an the enemy stay still, you'll quickly end up with a camera looking the wrong way and no way to re-center it; target switching is inconsistent, and only includes enemies within a short range, resulting in extra annoyance when you are dealing with both ranged and melee enemies; auto-targeting will often just lock onto random locations after you've defeated the current lock-on target; every time you recover a memory, causing an audio-clip to play, the game stutters noticeably; it is padded with completely uninteresting segments made harder by the above jank, namely segments were you have to slide down long paths suspended above nothing (where often it is easier to abuse the weird physics to sequence break just to get it over with), and 2D platforming segments; speaking of the latter, jumping while on a moving platform moving up during these 2D segments causes you to fall through the platform (because of course it does).

Bah! I'm just happy that I am almost done with this POS.

hohoXD123

For those who have played Telltale's recent games (Michonne, Minecraft, Batman), how do they compare to TWAU/TFTB/TWD? Really enjoyed those games but haven't played a TT game in a while.

fallout

Rudy ENB for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. I rarely use ENB mods, but it's the best and one of the more graceful graphical enhancement mod out there in my opinion, it makes the game look more vibrant and drastically improves on lightning.

Thanks guys, unlimited sprinting sounds good, I wonder if I can still hold 60fps with that ENB mod.

Kaleinc

Banned
Ucchedavāda;224233098 said:
Alice: Madness Returns is a janky piece of shit!

It's too bad, as both the level and character designs are fantastic, both inside and outside of wonderland, and it has some neat game-play ideas, but everything works "kinda" at best.

It runs at 31 FPS, and tweaking it to 60 FPS made everything even more janky; it randomly fails to start; it randomly freezes during loading (ctrl+alt+del being the only way to exit that, then win+tab and showing the window onto a different desktop, so that you can actually use the task-manager); it crashes during certain quiz segments, so those I just skip now; it is interspersed with the most inane puzzles I have seen in a long time; level geometry is crude at best, so you'll often hit an invisible corner and drop like a rock (luckily this just causes you to respawn); and enemy hitboxes are crude as well, so you'll be hit by stuff that passed you by a wide margin; there is frequent stutter that eats your input (again causing you to drop like a rock); your input frequently gets eaten or repeated following screen transitions (best to avoid pressing anything!); the double/triple jumping works inconsistently at best (drop like a rock); auto-target is required to deal with several types of enemies, but unless both you an the enemy stay still, you'll quickly end up with a camera looking the wrong way and no way to re-center it; target switching is inconsistent, and only includes enemies within a short range, resulting in extra annoyance when you are dealing with both ranged and melee enemies; auto-targeting will often just lock onto random locations after you've defeated the current lock-on target; every time you recover a memory, causing an audio-clip to play, the game stutters noticeably; it is padded with completely uninteresting segments made harder by the above jank, namely segments were you have to slide down long paths suspended above nothing (where often it is easier to abuse the weird physics to sequence break just to get it over with), and 2D platforming segments; speaking of the latter, jumping while on a moving platform moving up during these 2D segments causes you to fall through the platform (because of course it does).

Bah! I'm just happy that I am almost done with this POS.
99% chance all your performance and crashing issues are PhysX related.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Chickenator DLC -- MB-5425F39F6B7E3BA8 - Taken by Coldsun
Community Pack 1 -- MB-A2CB53D97B0DA8E2
Community Pack 2 -- MB-D68B85AD0CFD1A71 - Taken by Belgarion
Community Pack 3 -- MB-25AEF1597725B6C4 - Taken by Sarcasm
Killing Floor -- MB-55A8143261CA317F - Taken by Mocat

TsuXna

Played few hours of Arkham Night and loved it. Story flows well and easy to follow. I really love how they made Batmobile a part of the game not just a mean to get around the big city. Its really enjoyable to ride.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F3B8B08A5C7062CB - Taken by Purkake4

The game is Shadow Complex Remastered, the key redeems in the Epic Launcher.

Nillansan

Thanks guys, unlimited sprinting sounds good, I wonder if I can still hold 60fps with that ENB mod.

Yeah, I should add that Rudy ENB comes packed with two variants of the modification, high specification and low specification variants. I was able to maintain above 60 frames per second using the low specification variant at 1440P. That's on a rig with a 3570K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM and a 980TI.

Ganado

Thanks man!

EDIT: Aww fuck. Well, will honor your request with TiTS2 if I win.

In other news, anyone got the new Senran Kagura?

For those who have played Telltale's recent games (Michonne, Minecraft, Batman), how do they compare to TWAU/TFTB/TWD? Really enjoyed those games but haven't played a TT game in a while.

Batman is great. Michonne is good, but is more for comic readers than fans of the previous games or the show. Minecraft is a goofy Saturday Morning Cartoon, it has its' moments but it's only okay for me. Fun to play with younger relatives though.

Still riddled with technical issues across the board of course.

Yeah, I should add that Rudy ENB comes packed with two variants of the modification, high specification and low specification variants. I was able to maintain above 60 frames per second using the low specification variant at 1440P. That's on a rig with a 3570K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM and a 980TI.

Yeah, I just tried the quality version and can't hold 60 fps, it fluctuates between 40 and 60, I want to avoid having to lock the game at 30 so I'll give the performance version a shot.

bigzgod

JdgunPG.png

Many thanks for the chance! Hope the other winners, if they don't own TitS FC/SC, to also go out and buy it per your request!

hohoXD123

Batman is great. Michonne is good, but is more for comic readers than fans of the previous games or the show. Minecraft is a goofy Saturday Morning Cartoon, it has its' moments but it's only okay for me. Fun to play with younger relatives though.

Still riddled with technical issues across the board of course.

Thanks for the reply, Batman it is then. Yeah, by this point I'd be surprised if a TT game doesn't have rampant technical issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That is what I read on this very thread at least some pages ago. I wouldnt know myself I havent bought Dis2.

Kifimbo

Still available:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back -- MB-B66C002AE5C0113E - Taken by alr1ght
Iesabel -- MB-09CAA40C54674ECD - Taken by MaxiLive
Sparkle 2: Evo -- MB-93CF3BB8F2535526 - Taken by voodooray
16bit-Trader -- MB-2C1F18CA538F2DB1 - Taken by Purkake4
Timberman -- MB-777541E0D0C7B4BC

Kaleinc

Banned
Ucchedavāda;224239806 said:
Thanks for the tip.
I've tried setting PhysX to 'low', but it doesn't appear to have fixed fixed the stuttering, etc.

Are you aware of any workarounds?
Then I really don't know, I'd try running on lowest settings and see how it goes.

Beat Alice: Madness Returns, making it my 52nd game beaten this year.

It would have been a lot more enjoyable if not for the jank, if not for poorly implemented features, and if not for a some really questionable design decisions. It felt like they had a a certain length they had to reach, and then just used exceedingly uninteresting mini-games and repeat segments to reach that goal, to the detriment of the overall experience.

If you've played and enjoyed the first Alice, then I would suggest watching a Let's Play rather than actually playing A:MR.

Then I really don't know, I'd try running on lowest settings and see how it goes.

Low didn't have much of an effect, but I got through it by pure bloody-mindedness.

Ucchedavāda;224250738 said:
Beat Alice: Madness Returns, making it my 52nd game beaten this year.

It would have been a lot more enjoyable if not for the jank, if not for poorly implemented features, and if not for a some really questionable design decisions. It felt like they had a a certain length they had to reach, and then just used exceedingly uninteresting mini-games and repeat segments to reach that goal, to the detriment of the overall experience.

If you've played and enjoyed the first Alice, then I would suggest watching a Let's Play rather than actually playing A:MR.

Low didn't have much of an effect, but I got through it by pure bloody-mindedness.

Congrats!

I'm at 58 now though I haven't even written one up in the official 2016 thread. I have a month and a half to get to that!

I'm still a bit sad I missed out on Alice. I really enjoyed it when I played it all those years ago on 360/ps3, it was one of them can't remember which, even if it was a little overlong.

Any easy way to earn fight money in SFV or realistically do I just buy the season pass?

If I recall correctly (I kinda fell off the SFV wagon), story modes (full and per-character), easy survival, tutorials, and challenges will give you enough FM for all of the season one characters. In addition, some of the "daily" challenges seem to give a good chunk of FM, so that could be a longer term source of FM.

Personally I just got the pass, though, and then spent my FM on stages and stuff like that.

Congrats!

I'm at 58 now though I haven't even written one up in the official 2016 thread. I have a month and a half to get to that!

I'm still a bit sad I missed out on Alice. I really enjoyed it when I played it all those years ago on 360/ps3, it was one of them can't remember which, even if it was a little overlong.

Thanks! I am also hopelessly behind at posting in the official thread, but I plan on catching up before the year is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom