• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
LITTLE BIG ADVENTURE 2 (TWINSEN'S ODYSSEY) GOG -- MB-263DDFC947FEC1BA - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.

t1479042220z1.png
Enjoy.

Also according to this thread the global release of Mobius FF should happen soon:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/504730/discussions/0/312265782626422247/

https://steamdb.info/app/504730/
Or
steam://install/504730

Bit of a stupid question. I have the 1TB harddrive from the PS4 Pro just lying around uselessly, can I put it into my deskop PC or do I have to buy a case and use it as an external drive?

Bit of a stupid question. I have the 1TB harddrive from the PS4 Pro just lying around uselessly, can I put it into my deskop PC or do I have to buy a case and use it as an external drive?

If I am not mistaken, PS4 uses SATA, and in that case it is plug-and-play in any modern desktop. At worst you should only have to buy another SATA cable.

dex3108

I guess that is that. Year later i have done everything that could be done in Syndicate + DLCs.

I must admit that additional locations in Jack the Ripper DLC were really good. That surprised me.

Jadax

I have so many wishlisted games (700+) that even ES is struggling to empty wishlist...have refreshed a few times already.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MC Lars: The Video Game -- MB-B6E9BAF2BC42C487 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1479048183z1.png

take it

RootCause

Need some clarifications with GOG connect, it requires you to make your steam account public. Can I turn it back to private after connecting?

Ibuki

Banned
Need some clarifications with GOG connect, it requires you to make your steam account public. Can I turn it back to private after connecting?

Maybe if you want to do that every time they add new games? Not sure how they would check games in the future otherwise.

RootCause

Jawmuncher

Well I know what game I am playing after I finish mirrors edge catalyst (very close to the end). Thank you Nillansan for the chance. Already have Tits 1 & 2 so I don't need to buy them. But I am missing some Ys games. So will buy them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oooh a sequel (well prequel) to Yesterday out of nowhere?

the amount of quality point and click adventures these days is ridiculous, its like a second golden age for the genre if youre into it

Nillansan

Congratulations to Ramoisdead, Darkshodan and Jawmuncher.

Well I know what game I am playing after I finish mirrors edge catalyst (very close to the end). Thank you Nillansan for the chance. Already have Tits 1 & 2 so I don't need to buy them. But I am missing some Ys games. So will buy them.

I changed the win conditions for the giveaway any way. I hope that you enjoy the game!

Kudo

For future reference looks like the first entry in giveaways gets less contest than latter, I blame my middle pick with 35 peeps!
Congrats to winners.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For future reference looks like the first entry in giveaways gets less contest than latter, I blame my middle pick with 35 peeps!
Congrats to winners.

multientry should be standard.

mostly because I always forget to set it >_>

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess that is that. Year later i have done everything that could be done in Syndicate + DLCs.

I must admit that additional locations in Jack the Ripper DLC were really good. That surprised me.

Jack the Ripper caught me off guard as well. I really liked the story and mansion area outside of the city looked fantastic. I'm not sure why I doubted them though, I have pretty much loved all of the AC DLC.

• AC2: Forli/Bonfire was solid and my only complaint was that it threw off the pacing of the ending similar to Missing Link for DXHR.
  • ACB: Da Vinci was fantastic and a great send off to the relationship between Ezio and DV.
  • ACR: Archive was weird, but visually stunning and nice change of pace.
  • AC3: Washington was a really slick side-story that was entertaining. The new powers were a blast to use.
  • AC4: Freedom Cry was AC4 perfected. More interesting main character and didn't drag out at all like the main game.
  • ACU: Dead Kings was a really gorgeous new area that had a really thick atmosphere. The tomb was cool too.

Ludens

Banned
Completed Jotun, I think the game is very nice, but sadly it lacks something.
First, the game is very short: in a couple of hours I managed to completed it.
If you check achievements, you notice the game is supposed to be played several times (like there are achievements in which you need to defeat bosses with no damage, with a time limit, without using powers etc), plus the new difficulty introduced recently.

The game feels similar to Titan Souls and Shadow of the Colossus: you need to kill five bosses, and to do so you need to clear two little dungeon to grab one rune from each.
This task is very quick, since those dungeons are very limited and not complex at all if not for a couple of them, you will clear some in a couple of minutes, other will require a bit more time, but it's all very fast.

The art is probably the strongest point of the game, it's clear the devs build the whole title around it. Sadly the scenarios feel...a bit empty. Like in the snow one, there's not really something else except snow and ice. They are beautiful, but they lack something in my opinion.

Still a very good title if you are into those kind of games, but I'd like to suggest for a 75% if you plan to play this just once like I did.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

King's Guard TD -- MB-3EF437CF44E1DEBA - Taken by jacob armitage. 6 entrants total.

t1479069219z1.png

Enjoy!

Ludens

Banned
Am I the only one irritated by this whole "PS4 Pro" patch?
Before it was "1080p/60 fps", which irritated me a lot too, now is "optimized for PS4 Pro".
I mean, what's the point of console now? People cried back in days they used to play on console because it was immediate compared to PC, but since PS3 console lost this "feature".

Anteater

honestly ps4 pro is a good idea, but it should've been:

- normal ps4 games should automatically perform better without a patch, xb1 slim already does doesn't it?

- should have dynamic resolution scaling for upscaled/4k/downsampled games, so if framerate drops, the res should drop also, but I guess it can't be done without the engine supporting it? I mean it's so stupid if they're trying to render at 1800p or whatever higher res and the game just end up running worse

it sounds like they're forcing the devs to come up with multiple modes and they have to play test it

Anteater

Am I the only one irritated by this whole "PS4 Pro" patch?
Before it was "1080p/60 fps", which irritated me a lot too, now is "optimized for PS4 Pro".
I mean, what's the point of console now? People cried back in days they used to play on console because it was immediate compared to PC, but since PS3 console lost this "feature".

the point for console was that they target a certain performance/resolution, your game should run "well" right out of the box, but that hasn't been true for quite some time, games are running like shit and they aren't even running at the resolution it should be running at

so now they're giving you a choice but devs are halfassing those choices

Ludens

Banned
the point for console was that they target a certain performance/resolution, your game should run "well" right out of the box, but that hasn't been true for quite some time, games are running like shit and they aren't even running at the resolution it should be running at

so now they're giving you a choice but devs are halfassing those choices

I don't think devs are halfassing those options honestly.
Simply those console are not powerful enough to perform with locked framerate/resolution.
I mean, the original PS4 can reach 1080p/60 fps only for some titles, while the majority of games are 30 fps and not even locked.
Before thinking to 4K, they should fix that. I think Pro is capable of that, but the real problem is now the next big thing is 4K, and people expect solid performances out of a 400€ console. So devs are "forced" to include options like the ones in Rise of Tomb Raider and Ni-Oh. But I'm not talking about res/framerate only, but even the fact consolle today need to mess with 20 GB day one patches, firmware updates, maintenance of services, subscriptions etc...I mean, they lost the meaning of "working out of the box". Because if when I insert a bluray in my console and I need to download a 20 GB day one patch in order to make the game works decently, you already lost your target for me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mass Effect finished.

Great story. Gameplay is meh though.

Going to start ME2 in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom