• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't hurt! Failing that I'll ask for Settlers 7 vanilla... assuming Ubi isn't against the idea of handing out Steam versions of its games.

I have that already. ;) If I have to make do with a Uplay game I'll try for King Kong.

That's the spirit, the worst they say is no.

Asgaro

What's that? Chocolate milk? I want it too

It's

09194a.jpg

+

+

Started this combination recently and it's delicious! :3
I recently looked up how to make Starbucks rip offs yourself at home, but that involves using a blender. I have one but I don't want to use it too much since you have to clean it each time after use.

The combination above doesn't need a blender and is still very tasteful!
I make it frequently now :D

Backlogger

Regarding Unity's Season Pass reportedly being cancelled, I wonder how the free Ubi game thing will work for those who own the Gold Edition of Unity on Steam. Will there be an address to contact where you request what you want? If so, would I get away with requesting Wheelman?

I love that in the face of being out $20-$30 all you can think of is a Wheelman key

Milamber

It's
+
+
Started this combination recently and it's delicious! :3

I recently looked up how to make Starbucks rip offs yourself at home, but that involves using a blender. I have one but I don't want to use it too much since you have to clean it each time after use.

The combination above doesn't need a blender and is still very tasteful!
I make it frequently now :D

Why don't you just use a teaspoon of Nutella instead for your coffee?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have that already. ;) If I have to make do with a Uplay game I'll try for King Kong.

My guess is that they'll have a very short list of games you'll be eligible to pick from. Probably 3 games: Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, or Far Cry 3.

Please be excited.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love that in the face of being out $20-$30 all you can think of is a Wheelman key

I'm not fussed. Better safe than sorry!

EA had a list of games you could choose from after the Sim City release.
My guess is that they'll have a very short list of games you'll be eligible to pick from. Probably 3 games: Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, or Far Cry 3.

Yeah, there'll presumably be a curated list of some sort.

Benedict

Better than Steam sale!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Culling of the Cows -- MB-FD042A916A3597CF - Taken by Tesseract
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-1306CCFBB75205E4 - Taken by lindarasta
ulgzbKC.png
Duplicity Beyond the Lies (Desura) -- MB-7841FD60AEE172C1

Zafir

Wonder what game. I only paid £27 for the gold edition, so either way it probably doesn't matter. There's not many ubisoft games I'd want and don't own though.

Haunted

EA giving out free games on Origin after they fucked up is like apologising for a kick in the shins with a slap to the face.

Same with Ubisoft and uplay.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-97B194912333E0E3 - Taken by M.D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EA giving out free games on Origin after they fucked up is like apologising for a kick in the shins with a slap to the face.

Same with Ubisoft and uplay.

One of these days I'll remember to install The Saboteur. And Tintin.

Dr Dogg

Regarding Unity's Season Pass reportedly being cancelled, I wonder how the free Ubi game thing will work for those who own the Gold Edition of Unity on Steam. Will there be an address to contact where you request what you want? If so, would I get away with requesting Wheelman?

They'll probably oblige you and give you a UpIay code.

Edit: Of course stupidly late to that. Though looking about I can only see retail copies as of now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this talk of coffee reminds me how much I need caffeine.

I was working til midnight last night on a server installation / migration / upgrade :(

Nzyme32

You already know what you have to do!

Copons

I may be an idiot, but there's this folder on my computer called "Origin".
Inside, there are just two files, Origin.exe and OriginUninstall.exe.
Every now and then I forget what the fuck is that shit, and I say to myself: "uh look apparently I've already installed Origin! time to redeem the Humble Origin Bundle keys and finally play that free DA:O!", but when I click on Origin.exe, the install windows pop up, and I'm too scared to click continue so I scream "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and I restart my rig.

Dr Dogg

You know how it's going to go down. The Crew will come out to a whimper and then magically all the owners of Unity will suddenly own The Crew. Come the next investors call turns out The Crew shipped more than Unity by proxy.

Lomax

Oh look, another IndieRoyale mystery bundle of repeats. Their customer service never did respond to me after the last one got screwed up, but of course it was so full of garbage I was glad the billing didn't work. Won't bother with this one. The fact that all these bundle sites feel so compelled now to trick people into pre-ordering and such doesn't bode well for the future of bundles really.

Backlogger

Every now and then I forget what the fuck is that shit, and I say to myself: "uh look apparently I've already installed Origin! time to redeem the Humble Origin Bundle keys and finally play that free DA:O!", but when I click on Origin.exe, the install windows pop up, and I'm too scared to click continue so I scream "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and I restart my rig.

Just delete the folder and download a new install file to be safe :)

M.D

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-97B194912333E0E3 - Taken by M.D

I dunno who to report this to, but the Steam (I assume?) key is invalid. thx anyway!

and omg sale ;ooooooo

Ah, Ubisoft! Such generosity, becoming a martyr in order to kill Season Passes once and for all after the potential clusterfuck :D

I'll buy the Borderlands:TPS pass as soon as I can afford it with GMG credit. But it's the first one I buy before all the content is released, I swear! ;_;

If there were going to be special sale cards, mystery cards would have replaced coupons as a badge crafting reward about a week-and-a-half ago.

Ah I see.

There never usually is, which is why I'm probably not going to buy anything this sale lol

Yeah unless I see something I really want, I'll wait until the Holiday sale. Rather spend my money on the latter plus getting those special cards.

derExperte

What? And do you mean install window or that black screen where Windows asks for permission? Because that pops up when Origin get updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom