• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Damn, Bloodborne looks good. So different in style and even major mechanic parts. Urgh, I feel the need for blood.

Felt the same to me and i've played all the games
:conwayshrug:

Though i'm on the boat that a big shift has to be something even joe schmoe can see/feel a mile away.
Hoping Dark Souls 3 shakes things up in that regard.

Bloodborne's general combat flow feels a lot different as the side step replaces the roll. And both of the two shields in the game suck which forces most people to play very differently.

Although the people that loudly insist it's a new IP and has nothing in common with the Souls games are real silly.

Bloodborne's general combat feels a lot different given the side step replaces the role. And given there are two shields in the game and they both suck forces most people to play very differently.

Although the people that loudly insist it's a new IP and has nothing in common with the Souls games are real silly.

Marvellous Chester was from Yarnham

It's certainly not bad, just kinda meh in terms of third person shootbangs.

I'm kinda underselling it because I do like it quite a bit, just not because of it's gameplay.

Right I get that. The gunplay isn't as fun as LP1 to me but, it's not awful either. The story, or rather the performances of the characters seem pretty well done if anything.

louiedog

Dungeon Defenders had server issues over the weekend and is giving away free gems to make up for it.

Our team worked over the weekend and into today to fix the server issues occurring on Steam. We have a solution that will go into a Steam patch targeted for Wednesday. As thanks for being patient while we work through our Open Alpha growing pains, we’re giving everyone 100 free gems! You rock, and we can’t wait to keep squashing these bugs together.

In order to receive your gems, you’ll need to login to the game on Steam between Wednesday (after the patch goes live) and Tuesday, Oct. 27th.

link

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Catching up on this thread and now I need to find Dark Souls II original at a decent price somewhere. Curse you all, or at least toxin.

rtcn63

Yep, Bloodborne is very much Souls.
It's even simplified in certain aspects. Weapon upgrades have the same upgrade path, same materials needed. Most of the armor found are side grades, and the weapons themselves doing more or less similar damage, but favor different play styles. (I.e. one weapon might trade range/speed for a powerful charge attack/the ability to stagger large enemies)

There's even those long run ups to bosses that are more annoying than the bosses themselves. And some areas are just painful to play through. Wading through poison water, places where no matter how strong you are, you're betting off avoiding enemies because they will easily gangbang you.

The one thing you can't do that you could in Souls in stand in front of enemies and take hits. You won't be getting Havel's set, and many enemies have a grab/frenzy attack that will likely one shot.

Oh, NPC hunters. There's a point in the game where each one is hard as fighting a boss, no harder, and you even have to face three at once to activate a lamp (bonfire).

Still, it's a fun game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why the original?

Oh I'll get Sins of the First Scholar as well down the road too, but I want my friend to play it as well, and the increased difficulty in that version over the original may be off-putting enough on what is already a hesitant agreement to play the game.

The more I see all talk being about a single game, the less I get the desire to play it immediately. Happens sometimes only, happens with LiS now.

i think the many fat or old looking saoirses were scarier
pls
To be fair, that's sorta the point. Notice how most of his friends are stereotypical entitled kids, and not ones the game is particularly kind to.
But the games doesn't do anything with this setting, it just threw them at your face and oh well you gotta save the dickbags, it's not like there's another way to progress the story.
Only 2 friends are playing Life is Strange right now.
I am disgusted.
Disgusted.
I have group meeting and class in less than an hour.

Canada is bleeding and it is glorious, SteamGAF.
Why is my card so big? It is like a motherboard hooked up with a GPU.

EDIT - I got a Silverstone Fortress and there is like 1cm of clearance.
What is the GPU? Manufacturer can make as big a difference as model when it comes to size, especially if inches count.

Personally, I nearly made a huge mistake buying an AMD 290 card due to its massivehuge size. Then I nearly made a huge mistake buying a 970 from certain manufacturers that love giant cards. In the end, only the EVGA GTX 970 was a good size for my microATX case.

Don't believe the buzz--hardware upgrades are tough.

Canada is bleeding and it is glorious, SteamGAF.

What is the GPU? Manufacturer can make as big a difference as model when it comes to size, especially if inches count.

Personally, I nearly made a huge mistake buying an AMD 290 card due to its massivehuge size. Then I nearly made a huge mistake buying a 970 from certain manufacturers that love giant cards. In the end, only the EVGA GTX 970 was a good size for my microATX case.

Don't believe the buzz--hardware upgrades are tough.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980TIDC3OC6GD5GAMING/

I got to take out the mobo for other maintenance so I will do everything this weekend. Except the Win 10 upgrade thing. That can wait.

Buraindo

The more I see all talk being about a single game, the less I get the desire to play it immediately. Happens sometimes only, happens with LiS now.

I often feel the same. Eh. I'll play Life is Strange, eventually.

Finished Saints Row IV, not much to say. It's fun but it looks dated and it's a bit buggy. I'll go through the DLC sometime soon but I'd rather take a break from it and play something else first.

BasilZero

Are humble bundle keys region free?

Wanna buy Capcom bundle but worried if I redeem the keys now - it'll be locked in India when I get back to the US :x

wilflare

so... how is the ToZ steam port
the shots by Mr Dogg looks pretty good

is it a good port or is it "You have failed this (SteamGAF) city" port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom