• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Last Baron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Insurgency -- MB-E5287AA31EB9B086 - Taken by UnaiGamer
New page, please take

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it seems that Valve may have changed the card drop algorithm again following today's maintenance. I'm hoping some fellow SteamGAFers can help determine what's going on.

It appears that Valve may have removed the requirement to idle games to 2 hours if they're otherwise ineligible for a refund (aka purchased off-site) but I'm hoping some people can help either confirm or deny that that's the case.

Sarcasm

So it seems that Valve may have changed the card drop algorithm again following today's maintenance. I'm hoping some fellow SteamGAFers can help determine what's going on.

It appears that Valve may have removed the requirement to idle games to 2 hours if they're otherwise ineligible for a refund (aka purchased off-site) but I'm hoping some people can help either confirm or deny that that's the case.

Didn't get a card til after 2 hours in DOSEE, but dunno if this actually answers your question considering the fact that I got this game due to having the non-EE.

Ozium

this was my idea based off of my supreme logic and wisdom, I posted thus in a prior steam thread. if this is true I will expect a check or some free wallet money for services rendered.

louiedog

What is this weird Troma Project thing that showed up on Steam that comes out tomorrow? I need it.

WARNING: Originally completed in the year 2001 this game was never released. It contains extensive swearing, rude language, sex, crime, splatter Horror - everything what was not acceptable for a Video game 15 years ago. If you play this game, please do not take anything too serious.

It's also nice to see that Troma is sticking to the same rigorous quality standards in games that they have for film vhs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Didn't get a card til after 2 hours in DOSEE, but dunno if this actually answers your question considering the fact that I got this game due to having the non-EE.

Hmm yeah it might not have been affected since it was granted on a prior license - especially if you originally bought the game directly from Steam.

It's also kinda early to tell, since the changes just happened about 3 hours ago. I'll try to keep everyone updated when I learn more.

Volimar

The only reason I know what idolmaster is is because I always confuse it with idlemaster.

Z4qcHV6.png

Hmm yeah it might not have been affected since it was granted on a prior license - especially if you originally bought the game directly from Steam.

It's also kinda early to tell, since the changes just happened about 3 hours ago. I'll try to keep everyone updated when I learn more.

I was idling in the middle of the update, restarted steam and when I started idlemaster back up, the card dropped much faster than I expected.

~Kinggi~

Banned
HEY U GUYS

ok so does Dawn of Discovery Gold on steam have any sort of Tages DRM that the steam page claims? Im confused because people say they removed all that stuff yet the steam page still says it.

Grief.exe

HEY U GUYS

ok so does Dawn of Discovery Gold on steam have any sort of Tages DRM that the steam page claims? Im confused because people say they removed all that stuff yet the steam page still says it.

No, check the PC gaming wiki DRM list, it has been removed.

Lomax

I can confirm that I just got a drop without the 2 hours time on an old bundle game. I don't have anything refundable I can test otherwise, but it does seem they've made a change.

donny2112

so? There's >50$ foils too. >100$ even.

Spoiler alert: they don't actually sell at that price

Yeah. If you want to just get rid of it, find out what the highest buying price is (usually a few cents below the lowest asking price) and set that as your price. Should sell pretty much instantly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GTA V for $34? Couldn't resist, I'm weak. Still haven't played the GTA IV episodes, so maybe I should before starting this. Of course, I'd like to finish Shadow of Mordor before that, and Ace Attorney Investigations 2 before Mordor.

...Why did I buy GTA V?

Oh yes, this page reminded me why I rarely visit the thread anymore :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally finished my playthrough of Wasteland 2's Director Cut earlier tonight.

I'm honestly impressed that there hasn't been a patch since the camera hotfix was released on launch day. Some of the more annoying bugs can be worked around, but they really shouldn't exist in the first place. There's a memory leak problem, which I've been told is caused by Unity 5.2, if you leave the game running for too long. You can easily fix that by saving and relaunching the game. Then there's a glitch related to your companions vanishing if you save within the Ranger Citadel, the main base for the first half of the game. You can work around this by not saving within said location, obviously, but it's still annoying, and I've seen plenty of people lose their companions without realizing it. There's a glitch where your companions lose all of their earned perks when you dismiss them from your party. You can work around this one by going into your save file and manually entering the information for the perks you lost.

There are a few other glitches, too. Also, the vanishing companion glitch was internally fixed on October 16th.

Cities: Skylines and Expeditions: Conquistador are the only Unity games that don't seem like jank city. Every other one has a ridiculous filesize, performance issues, and bizarre problems plaguing it.

Ozium

got OlliOlli 2 refunded cuz I bought it with 50% off coupon and now I got a 75% off coupon... the refund thing said I played for 2 hours but I had to mention in the notes that my library time said 119 minutes so no shenanigans

it's still installed though and it says purchase instead of play... so when I eventually rebuy it am I good to go? it still shows me as having the cheevos too

this is my first refund

oipic

Cities: Skylines and Expeditions: Conquistador are the only Unity games that don't seem like jank city. Every other one has a ridiculous filesize, performance issues, and bizarre problems plaguing it.

Endless Legend is low on jank, at least in my experience.

Edit: having said that, the 64-bit version is/was crashy... so perhaps you're right!

So I finally finished my playthrough of Wasteland 2's Director Cut earlier tonight.

I'm honestly impressed that there hasn't been a patch since the camera hotfix was released on launch day. Some of the more annoying bugs can be worked around, but they really shouldn't exist in the first place. There's a memory leak problem, which I've been told is caused by Unity 5.2, if you leave the game running for too long. You can easily fix that by saving and relaunching the game. Then there's a glitch related to your companions vanishing if you save within the Ranger Citadel, the main base for the first half of the game. You can work around this by not saving within said location, obviously, but it's still annoying, and I've seen plenty of people lose their companions without realizing it. There's a glitch where your companions lose all of their earned perks when you dismiss them from your party. You can work around this one by going into your save file and manually entering the information for the perks you lost.

There are a few other glitches, too. Also, the vanishing companion glitch was internally fixed on October 16th.

Yeah, I've been holding out playing the game because of those bugs, especially the memory leak & companion bugs. Otherwise I totally enjoyed the game, what a shame. And what's with that internal fix? Why haven't hey released it already? Amazing.

Dsyndrome

You've got way more willpower than me, dude. I've moved onto Divinity until they fix their shit.
Yeah, I've been holding out playing the game because of those bugs, especially the memory leak & companion bugs. Otherwise I totally enjoyed the game, what a shame. And what's with that internal fix? Why haven't hey released it already? Amazing.
They want to release one big patch, I'm assuming for console cert. No reason to hold off otherwise.

This guy hijacked my Hulu Plus account. What shall be done to him?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119192182

break into his house and steal his television

got OlliOlli 2 refunded cuz I bought it with 50% off coupon and now I got a 75% off coupon... the refund thing said I played for 2 hours but I had to mention in the notes that my library time said 119 minutes so no shenanigans

it's still installed though and it says purchase instead of play... so when I eventually rebuy it am I good to go? it still shows me as having the cheevos too

this is my first refund

Yes

They want to release one big patch, I'm assuming for console cert. No reason to hold off otherwise.

Witcher 3 got hammered by console players for patching the PC ver. before consoles. The delay might also be due to that, at least on the PC side.
Endless Legend is low on jank, at least in my experience.

Edit: having said that, the 64-bit version is/was crashy... so perhaps you're right!
Yeah, EL was solid aside from that crash. It took them a while to fix it, last I heard, so I'd still put it in the Unityjank pile.

Path of Exile is, personally, the most disappointing Unity game, if only due to the horrible performance.

MUnited83

For you.
Anime dildos, that's like the last thing I want to see on the Steam thread. Actually, that would be cheese pics, but it's pretty close.

Fairly sure that this is the first "anime dildo" ever posted in several months at least, so not sure I buy that excuse.

Also, it's not a dildo, it's a buttplug. Get it right goddamit.

this is my first refund

Did you not buy it while it was on sale for off with the 50% off coupon? Unless you hope to get the same or higher sale discount and then add the coupon, which is not guaranteed, it seems like it probably wouldn't be worth the time if you actually wanted to keep the game.

If the files are still on your hard drive, then yes, I think they'll be fine if you rebuy it.

There's no reason achievements you earned would reset because you refunded it.

I see.
I'm not going to make it at this rate though, still busy with Zestiria and Fallout 4 is just around the corner. Maybe I'll jump back in December or even next year.

So I can't play D:OS EE with my old ass card, oh well save me some trouble instead always thinking about it lol

Sorry, dx11 only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom