• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Seeing that link on that twitter post and how much that person is pulling in a week has me reevaluating what the fuck I'm doing here at work.

Kuvshinov Ilya has a pretty appealing style, so I'm not too surprised about the numbers. I'll have to support one of these days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I fell right into the trap. I'm not really defending it though. I totally understand why people wouldn't want to bother with stuff like that but I like Lego so it doesn't bother me too much. Season passes can still get rekt though.

I hear you - I've been strongly considering getting Dimensions myself - my problem is that I can't justify the price at all. Sure I get Lego Minifigs and that's neat. But I can't pay $100 for a game, then drop another almost $100 on the few level packs I'm super-interested in (Portal, BttF, Doctor Who). If all of that were included (even without the physical toys) for $60 I'd have already bought it.

Ban Puncher

My Lego Dimensions plan is to pick up the level packs on launch day that may be in short supply, like Portal and Doctor Who, and buy the base game sometime in the future when it is heavily discounted, probably around Xmas.

Save cash and get to play maturely display the Lego now.

Teggy

Am I the only one who constantly mixes up Arthea and Aeana? Probably. Was Arthea a mod at some point?

Was the flying bundle posted? I can't believe I own Slave Trade Simulator 2015 now.

Frozen got Steam Trading Cards.

Meanwhile Tangled remains card-less

s6i71.jpg

Durante

Zestiria is at 64% of the final preorder bonus with two weeks to go. It's also in the top 20 sellers. I think that should work out fine.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Let's see.

5 reviewers working 40 hours a week = 200 person-hours, including writing. Average indie game takes 3 hours, conservatively. Maybe more because one in every ten are Kerbal or Prison Architect or whatever where you've gotta play 50 hours to get anywhere. I'm seeing somewhere around 55 indie games released in the last week on Steam. So it'd take 165 person-hours to play the games to completion on average, more if you think my assumption was conservative. Leaving 5 full-time employees a total of 35 hours between them to write 55 reviews. That's about 35 minutes to write and edit a review.

... which in turn will be read by no one because who the hell is going out of their way to read an IGN review for Korwin the Game? (some sort of bizarre anti-leftist politically charged platformer made by a Polish guy).

Better to simply say you have a rule against accepting indie game codes rather than have to talk to a dev who emails you flames because you think his or her game doesn't make the cut (an actual problem)

Parsnip

Granted Iron Brigade was very good, unfortunately it got dragged down harder by GFWL and piss-poor online play than any other game.

This reminds me, how's the Steamworks version now? I remember they had some issues right after the migration but I also think that they patched it few times after that, but I didn't follow it.

MUnited83

For you.
Bundlestars Killer Bundle 5 is amazing, includes Town of Salem ,Contradiction and rFactor

• Rise of the Triad
  • Town of Salem
  • Malebolgia
  • Blue and Bullets- Episode 1
  • Runestone Keeper
  • Paperbound
  • Chargeshot
  • rFactor
  • Quarries of Scred
  • Contradiction - Spot the Liar

Bundlestars keep on being the best bundle site in the business.

can't believe games are still doing that preorder level crap

i so wish it had died
More games should do it if anything. As I already said, they often come with much better bonuses than the usual shitty regular preorder ones.

Nzyme32

So, the game Towerclimb is awesome fun. Basically a bit like spelunky, but spending your time climbing through the procedurally generated levels to get as high as possible. It's remarkably tense as you keep going and he addicitve

Knurek

... which in turn will be read by no one because who the hell is going out of their way to read an IGN review for Korwin the Game? (some sort of bizarre anti-leftist politically charged platformer made by a Polish guy).

Like I said earlier, easiest way to explain that to any of you 'other side of ocean' guys would be Trump the Game or Santorum the Game.

rFactor and Contradiction for about £4? Sold!

More like €4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
rFactor and Contradiction for about £4? Sold!

Not to mention it has the first episode of Blues and Bullets which looks pretty cool and I've had my eyes on for a few weeks.

Berto

Bundlestars Killer Bundle 5 is amazing, includes Town of Salem ,Contradiction and rFactor

• Rise of the Triad
  • Town of Salem
  • Malebolgia
  • Runestone Keeper
  • Paperbound
  • Chargeshot
  • rFactor
  • Quarries of Scred

More games should do it if anything. As I already said, they often come with much better bonuses than the usual shitty regular preorder ones.
Individual keys or a single one?

Dr Dogg

And with adding Contradiction the training wheels have come off my Steam account.

And here was me think I was going to break 1K with AssCreed. Damn bundles, they get you every time!

Not to mention it has the first episode of Blues and Bullets which looks pretty cool and I've had my eyes on for a few weeks.

Huh, have to check that out as well.

Jawmuncher

And with adding Contradiction the training wheels have come off my Steam account.

And here was me think I was going to break 1K with AssCreed. Damn bundles, they get you every time!

Huh, have to check that out as well.

I'm at 964 games myself. Don't think i'll hit 1000 this year unless some more good bundles hit.

Parsnip

For some reason I thought you had like 2000+ games.
Or maybe they are just all on Uplay, and are just duplicate copies of all AC games.

Even I have 1300+ games now. Damn bundles.
Also 2402 achievements, 28 perfect games and 51% completion ratio.

Arthea

• Rise of the Triad
  • Town of Salem
  • Malebolgia
  • Runestone Keeper
  • Paperbound
  • Chargeshot
  • rFactor
  • Quarries of Scred

That is a killer bundle! So many good games and I discovered Quarries of Scred a game I never heard before but I totally should have because it looks awesomely nostalgic and something I wanna play.

jshackles

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Town of Salem -- MB-EDA9070DD7A5E95E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Malebolgia -- MB-4CDE391325AB111D - Taken by Parsnip
Rise of the Triad -- MB-2E34C75F0BD14C76 - Taken by TheAutomator

def sim

ModBot said:
Instructions for Default DOS:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Default DOS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Contradiction: Spot the Liar -- MB-4D5A11750D4A7630 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

play this

That Bundle Stars bundle actually looks kind of disappointing to me, compared to some of their other Killer Bundles. The only game that immediately looks interesting to me is Malebolgia.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
hmm, I bought the bundle got an email with my receipt but no keys and no email for my password(new account).

Let's see how long this will take.

Got the Contradiction, play these instead

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Gone Home w/ Soundtrack -- MB-75989BB2606BA087 - Taken by pahamrick
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-5EA6BDF580008FE0 - Taken by Spirited
Deponia -- MB-40FA4C88F6A49C6E - Taken by Mikurden
Strata -- MB-F7ADBAEFB6B3A39C - Taken by fenners
Strife -- MB-B4B88BADAEEFE579 - Taken by Leafhopper
Super Motherload -- MB-9277742ACD6341F4 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-F7C55A39EB415A0B - Taken by Natty1
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-869716E1F58C24FD - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Beatbuddy -- MB-106DED0CBE36259A - Taken by Mixed2k
Z.A.R. -- MB-B0B807A4C90A5B88 - Taken by madjoki
Puzzle Agent -- MB-6992A93037768CBE - Taken by Loptous