• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone talk some sense into me, I just got a bit hyped for fallout 4.

Bethesda Softworks and ZeniMax regularly extort promising developers by letting them get far into a game's development, arbitrarily saying they're not meeting quality milestones and threatening to cancel the game if they don't let themselves be bought out by them.

And then there's the general shitty, buggy quality of their bigger games made at Bethesda Game Studios.

Dr Dogg

The same thing happens to me when I occasionally wander on to Jim Sterling's Patreon page. Nothing wrong with someone like him getting paid for what he does - I love his videos and sometimes read his reviews and such - but boy is there a stark difference between his current $11,416 monthly pledge and my $197 that barely covers server costs.

Not that I need that kind of money, but it'd certainly be enough that I could quit my day job and work on Enhanced Steam / Idle Master / whatever full time. I'm actually really grateful that I'm not having to dish out server costs from my own pocket any more though, don't get me wrong.

Well I don't know about you but when I work from home, which is about a 30/70 split home/office at the moment, I've got waaaaay too many distractions going on my my productivity hits rock bottom. Not that I don't sit on GAF, various sporting websites, YouTube et all day at the office anyway.

Hahahahaha. I've seen what you've done there!

derExperte

New Geforce driver is out, optimized for Battlefront.

valve likes to hire really good writers and designers and then have them do fuck all for years of their lives.

Yeah but how does Brad Muir fit into this?

I don't know I bet 'Valve makes PS4/Xbone Exclusive game' would probably be an air of positivity from start to finish.

X1? lolno 'Apple buys Valve and makes PS4 exclusive HL3 cooperating closely with Naughty Dog!' would be the only way.

Not directly related to Steam but the Google results are not telling me much, so I thought I'd ask here.

What is a good and easy video editing software where I have a timeline to edit cuts, add music etc.? Thanks in advance.

Yeah but how does Brad Muir fit into this?

TkglLG7.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
X1? lolno 'Apple buys Valve and makes PS4 exclusive HL3 cooperating closely with Naughty Dog!' would be the only way.

You might be on to something there - I mean, we didn't get the Star Wars sequels everyone has been asking for since the mid-80s until Disney bought Lucas.

bigzgod

Was gonna buy the humble bundle so i could get skullgirls but now its 7.22, nah im good, i just wanted to play it for a few hours. I guess its so high cause people want gang beast

Thanks man :)

I didn't use the changed file since there are reports that some things in the data1.dat file changed after you beat the game but I prefer to be cautious just in case, I doubt there is anything too major of a difference.

Personally, I think it's pretty easy to use it. Just make a separate folder for the QAR tool, make a copy of the data1.dat file in that folder, and then using file-->command prompt automatically starts command prompt from that folder, so you don't need to mess with the full extension. From there, it's just MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data1.dat -r to unpack and MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data1.inf -r to repack it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I don't know about you but when I work from home, which is about a 30/70 split home/office at the moment, I've got waaaaay too many distractions going on my my productivity hits rock bottom. Not that I don't sit on GAF, various sporting websites, YouTube et all day at the office anyway.

I honestly work best creatively in an environment I can control. I get a lot of work done when I'm at work, but it's the typical IT stuff where the phones are ringing off the hook and I'm putting out fires. Routine stuff mostly.

When I'm at home it's peaceful, nobody I dislike is distracting me, and I'm free to sit down and create. I can set a goal and work towards it without distraction, and it's honestly a much better environment for me to "get things done" in. I have the opportunity to do this at work every once in a while, where I get to lock myself in the ultra-secure server room with no phone or any distractions, where I have a plan like "Okay, I'm not leaving this room until this new server is online" and those times are pretty great too.

Of course I pop in to Neogaf every now and again when things are slow, but it's always a balance as the situation dictates.

Dr Dogg

Not directly related to Steam but the Google results are not telling me much, so I thought I'd ask here.

What is a good and easy video editing software where I have a timeline to edit cuts, add music etc.? Thanks in advance.

Lightworks, Blender, Windows Movie Maker (yes it's not really dead). iMovie is better than all of them but you're not on a Mac and Final Cut is just the unamtched NLE but yet again Apple product so Mac only and costs a small fortune. Could set up a VM or create a partition to use your PC as a Hackintosh as a copy of OS X Mountain Lion isn't that much if you can still buy them physical. But the first three should be easy to pick up and get your started.

Lightworks, Blender, Windows Movie Editor (yes it's not really dead). iMovie is better than all of them but you're not on a Mac and Final Cut is just the unamtched NLE but yet again Apple product so Mac only and costs a small fortune. Could set up a VM or create a partition to use your PC as a Hackintosh as a copy of OS X Mountain Lion isn't that much if you can still buy them physical. But the first three should be easy to pick up and get your started.

I have Blender but, I didn't know how good it was for video editing. I just want to split some clips here and there. I don't do a lot of heavy editing. Maybe putting some extra music and stuff. Is it really okay for that? I thought of it as an animation program.

I use an old outdated version of Sony Vegas now but, if I don't have to use it anymore that would be lovely.

GaussTek

Judging from those screenshots I'm just going to take a guess that whoever made this has never actually played a SNES before

LOL, exactly what I was going to say. That looks horrible, I would have prefered an RPG Maker style game, even if there are tons of them already on Steam (although not many Action-style).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Look no further than the Steam store for a fairly neutered but still advanced movie editor, Sony Movie Studio 13! It's based off of the professional software suite Sony Vegas, but if you want to play with the big dogs, you're talking about dropping $500.

Dogg's right in that Final Cut is the best of the best, kinda makes me miss my Mac and spry college days.

I'm pumkinkin thank you very much.

Everyone wants a slice of Leafy's pie~

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't think I own any of the games in the current Humble except Gone Home. Should I drop 10 on it? I love Gang Beasts but I doubt I'll have three people over to play it on a regular basis.

Lightworks, Blender, Windows Movie Maker (yes it's not really dead). iMovie is better than all of them but you're not on a Mac and Final Cut is just the unamtched NLE but yet again Apple product so Mac only and costs a small fortune. Could set up a VM or create a partition to use your PC as a Hackintosh as a copy of OS X Mountain Lion isn't that much if you can still buy them physical. But the first three should be easy to pick up and get your started.
Look no further than the Steam store for a fairly neutered but still advanced movie editor, Sony Movie Studio 13! It's based off of the professional software suite Sony Vegas, but if you want to play with the big dogs, you're talking about dropping $500.

Dogg's right in that Final Cut is the best of the best, kinda makes me miss my Mac and spry college days.
Much obliged folks! Will try out and settle for the most convenient.
Final Cut looks easy to use from videos. Hm, might try it out via VM.

Lomax

Can't wait to hear people's impressions of day to day use of the Steam controller.

I remember when there were rumors that Microsoft would buy Valve and Gabe would become the new MS CEO. That would have made for a very interesting landscape.

I don't think I own any of the games in the current Humble except Gone Home. Should I drop 10 on it? I love Gang Beasts but I doubt I'll have three people over to play it on a regular basis.

It's a pretty good deal if you don't own the games.

jshackles

Can't wait to hear people's impressions of day to day use of the Steam controller.

I got my shipping notice this morning, and I'm only about 3 hours away from Valve. So I'm excited.

yuraya

this rising tomb raider season pass has its own defense force. why would you defend another half assed money grab season pass

Most AAA games nowadays have microtransactions on top of being a $60 title (with season passes + DLC + Expansion packs). The industry is moving closely to the deep end of the shitter. Its sad really. A few years from now you will need like 200$ to fully enjoy a game and people will defend it.

jshackles

You'll be the last one to get it watch

Yeah, probably lol

Most AAA games nowadays have microtransactions on top of being a $60 title (with season passes + DLC + Expansion packs). The industry is moving closely to the deep end of the shitter. Its sad really. A few years from now you will need like 200$ to fully enjoy a game and people will defend it.

You don't need to go into the future for that kind of crap. Just look at Lego Dimensions.

Hektor

The good thing with pcgaming is, that there a lotsa alternatives to just AAA-Games.

derExperte

the dude at the very least is ambitious with his games, even if the final product doesn't match that ambition. Trenched was a cool thing, a coop tower defense mech game with a loot hook to it. And Massive Chalice was decent enough.

Granted Iron Brigade was very good, unfortunately it got dragged down harder by GFWL and piss-poor online play than any other game.

You might be on to something there - I mean, we didn't get the Star Wars sequels everyone has been asking for since the mid-80s until Disney bought Lucas.

I like your optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom