• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

how do i get a premade team

The+world+god+only+knows+_5285bb627554f74a6ac317c1c2b98425.jpg

It gets a bit better in higher ranks IMO.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oxenfree -- MB-71F25BB4D173A8C9 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 54 entrants total.

t1477833948z1.png

Ascheroth

That ruined the game more me, especially since you will die a lot and very fast against most bosses. You're spending a lot more time walking to the bosses than fighting them, it makes no sense (in a boss rush game without anything else to do in the overworld). I wish the developer would have cared more about his game post-release. It seems like an easy fix, at least give the players the option to respawn nearer to the bosses.

I never understood how that aspect of Titan Souls made it all the way to release and endured ever after. Some sort of irrational stubbornness on the part of the developer? Their one and only coder quit or died after prototyping the engine? A terminal case of self sabotage?

It'd otherwise be a really neat little game.

Yeah, it really is a baffling design decision. I guess they were doing it for atmospheric reasons or something? But ultimately it's just really annoying after a short while.

mp1990

Banned
I'm glad you enjoy it, but i'm curios why this of all things gets you interested into FFXV. They're pretty much stellar opposites in regards to the gameplay.
It doesn't have anything to do with FFXV itself, more like that I was completely apathetic towards the game before (the demos didn't help either), and now that I have played FFX I'm like "hey, this franchise is cool, I look forward to playing this!", even though there's a considerable chance I won't like it. And it didn't got me interested only in XV, I plan on playing XIII and VI once I get done with it.

ArjanN

Yeah, it really is a baffling design decision. I guess they were doing it for atmospheric reasons or something? But ultimately it's just really annoying after a short while.

Honestly, I never understood why people thought that was a problem. You already spawn very close to the bosses, and honestly, the boss fights are pretty short and not that challenging, for almost all of them you die a handful of times figuring out the pattens/gimmick and then you win.

Im guessing aside from atmospheric reasons it was mainly to stop people from just trying to brute force the boss fights, since for like half of them you only need to execute 1 thing correctly.

Ludens

Banned
So, I just completed Imscared. Really good game, expecially if you like metagames like Pony Island.
In the end the title got a little boring, because it forced me to do
all achievements
in order to
reach a very crappy ending. I mean, it's really crappy and totally not worth the effort of replaying chunk of gameplay just to see...that.

But for that price really is a great experience.

From Humble Monthly

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stardew Valley -- MB-6610B0589ED95E14 - Taken by Ascheroth. 27 entrants total.

t1477850429z1.png

Nzyme32

11 days till the 11th months' most intriguing title imo - Tyranny. Posted my recommendation to Orange for the next thread if no one else already did. Not sure what else I am looking forward to other than perhaps Dishonoured 2, but no where near as much as Tyranny. It will be good to be evil!

Ds64R6W.jpg

Jawmuncher

11 days till the 11th months' most intriguing title imo - Tyranny. Posted my recommendation to Orange for the next thread if no one else already did. Not sure what else I am looking forward to other than perhaps Dishonoured 2, but no where near as much as Tyranny. It will be good to be evil!

Ds64R6W.jpg

Tyranny is next month? Thought it was next year.
Hype seems to be way less when compared to Pillars.

Purkake4

Banned
It's basically a new adventure with the Pillars engine. It's considerably shorter as well.

I'm happy to play it if the story turns out to be really good, but I feel no reason to get it day 1.

I'm starting to get a little pissed off. Nearly every time I start my PC now I get an error:

Reboot and select proper boot device

And my SSD and hard drive are fine. If I go into bios and exit, windows will start up. I cannot seem to pinpoint what the hell is going on.

Nzyme32

Yeah, they have been quite quiet about the game, but it was always slated for 2016, everyone including myself just assumed the silence meant a delay but that isn't the case.

The scale of the game is much smaller than Pillars though, which may well be part of the reason they are not as loud about it. It should be at least 25hrs long, but there is a much bigger focus on reactivity, choices and replayability. Right from character creation, you go through the "Conquest" and decide what choices your character made, and that effects the factions, how they behaviour towards you and others, alliances, and even the world itself and its history.

I'm starting to get a little pissed off. Nearly every time I start my PC now I get an error:

Reboot and select proper boot device

And my SSD and hard drive are fine. If I go into bios and exit, windows will start up. I cannot seem to pinpoint what the hell is going on.

Do you get an error about UUID at all with Windows? I had this issue and it turns out it is Windows fucking up its updates, so you have to reinstall the whole thing.

key dump time

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-3482CFB361D9F138 - Taken by Sarcasm
Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-43DC7B763860E547 - Taken by Garmonbozia
Lumino City -- MB-0D56C542BFE95569 - Taken by Jawmuncher
SPACECOM -- MB-5E69AB649FA527CF - Taken by ThirtyFour
Broken Age -- MB-2C0C9317D856706F - Taken by Hakkelus
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-39E9FDE8750CD801 - Taken by Loptous
Regency Solitaire -- MB-9BF10BAC9CE87218 - Taken by Ludens
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-77F7D44ED7493910 - Taken by Tellaerin
Asdivine Hearts -- MB-4C517367FB8E0912 - Taken by Kifimbo
Lethal League -- MB-507135C013066966 - Taken by impliedsignificance
Porcunipine -- MB-68A2118DF0CAA1B5 - Taken by bloke
Stock Car Extreme -- MB-5275A8B0FD4F707D - Taken by Mavromatis
Phoenix Force -- MB-25F80223CC4D877D - Taken by longlivegaming
Hexcells -- MB-4E98612E60F4AC48 - Taken by gabbo
Painters Guild -- MB-054F212242DE1D90 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Absolute Drift -- MB-3E5F45510A3F7870 - Taken by redlacs

1001 Spikes -- MB-1C218F95ACCFEAB2 - Taken by jon bones
Holodrive - Beginner's Pack -- MB-91724F9376876C82
Spaera -- MB-5A63CD2FF80F7A23 - Taken by nightstorm
Adventurezator - When Pigs Fly -- MB-1643D3DF6FC07A4D - Taken by anastef

Jawmuncher

It's basically a new adventure with the Pillars engine. It's considerably shorter as well.

I'm happy to play it if the story turns out to be really good, but I feel no reason to get it day 1.

Yeah, they have been quite quiet about the game, but it was always slated for 2016, everyone including myself just assumed the silence meant a delay but that isn't the case.

The scale of the game is much smaller than Pillars though, which may well be part of the reason they are not as loud about it. It should be at least 25hrs long, but there is a much bigger focus on reactivity, choices and replayability. Right from character creation, you go through the "Conquest" and decide what choices your character made, and that effects the factions, how they behaviour towards you and others, alliances, and even the world itself and its history.

Do you get an error about UUID at all with Windows? I had this issue and it turns out it is Windows fucking up its updates, so you have to reinstall the whole thing.

Ahh ok. I remember the concept sounding pretty cool. Especially for someone like me who likes to be evil in their games.

Purkake4

Banned
Ahh ok. I remember the concept sounding pretty cool. Especially for someone like me who likes to be evil in their games.
The potential is certainly there, but the marketing has been quite shallow and one-note on the "what if evil won" theme.

While I appreciate Obsidian's original efforts, I can't help but feel that they are their strongest when building on (and in) established settings.

Please do Lovecraft, it's public domain.

Salaadin

Started a new game in Skyrim and its sort of scratching an itch but Im kind of left wanting a little more. Im a bit out of the loop on PC games right now but I was wondering if there was anything else out there like Skyrim....long adventure games with a ton of stuff to do and see and good character creation/customization.
Im just looking to get completely lost in a game right now but Skyrims gameplay feels so dull to me anymore.

I already played The Witcher series, Risen, Dragons Dogma

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Started a new game in Skyrim and its sort of scratching an itch but Im kind of left wanting a little more. Im a bit out of the loop on PC games right now but I was wondering if there was anything else out there like Skyrim....long adventure games with a ton of stuff to do and see and good character creation/customization.
Im just looking to get completely lost in a game right now but Skyrims gameplay feels so dull to me anymore.

I already played The Witcher series and Risen

Have you tried the Fallout games? They're like Skyrim with guns.

Nzyme32

I think most descriptions of Tyranny have been that is less about exploring shades of grey but more about shades of black.

There was also an article recently "Tyranny's take on evil isn't just nuanced, it's disturbing"

The opening is also pretty damn cool

Edit - which reminds me, Day9 did a long steam of the opening process of character / world creation for those that want to see all that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUQO4CZFzE

Annubis

Someone said that VTMB looks bad, but I don't know, it can look pretty ok if you get:
  • Better_Dane_Camera
  • Citizen_F2_Replace
  • Common_dancer_skin
  • Damsel_retexture
  • Eye_Replacer
  • femalecitizencharacter
  • HD_Grounds
  • HD_Grounds_part2
  • heather_reskin
  • Lily_needs_a_new_top_-_HD
  • mercurio_reskin
  • Ming_xiao_Retextured
  • mira_reskin
  • nines_unpimped
  • Pisha_retexture
  • posterpack
  • Prostitute_1_Replacer
  • Prostitute_2_Replacer
  • Red VV
  • Venus_-_New_Leather_Hotpants_HD
  • yukie_avenging_angel
  • brick_pack
  • building_pack
  • concrete_asphalt_pack
  • materials_pack
  • metal_others_pack
  • models_pack
  • objects_pack
  • plaster_pack
  • stone_pack
  • wood_pack

Ok... I guess the base game is butt ugly ;)

Sarcasm

I already played The Witcher series and Risen

Stardew Valley.

Humble monthly is best deal right now for about 4 or 5 more days.

Werd

Beat Assault Android Cactus from the Humble Bundle. The characters/aesthetic were fairly charming and have a good amount of weapon variety, good controls, I liked the EX mode options and the bosses were good.

While it does have variety in playable characters it needs them as with only a handful of basic power ups and no persistent progress each one gets dull pretty quick. Similarly the levels change themselves up a decent amount but individually they don't stand out, and I felt them dragging on a bit too long at times even given the short length of the game.

Overall glad I got it in a bundle but it was a fun enough few hours, worth a play. I haven't played too many twin stick shooters to actually compare it to though, only really Geometry Wars 2 comes to mind though I'm sure I've tried a few others.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Ds64R6W.jpg
I had absolutely no idea that this was coming out so quickly. I'll keep my eye on it, not sure if I'll get it tho since I like being a goody two shoes in RPGs. ;-;

Annubis

I had absolutely no idea that this was coming out so quickly. I'll keep my eye on it, not sure if I'll get it tho since I like being a goody two shoes in RPGs. ;-;

You can somewhat be a goody in here.
You basically want to conquer places and things 'intact' so that they may better serve Kyros.
After all, dead people can't work and destroyed cities can't extend his empire.

Jawmuncher

Hmm idling seems to have changed for me again. Games no longer need the 2 hour drop anymore. Despite me having refunded games in the past. Dunno if it's just the glitch at work or what.

Annubis

Hmm idling seems to have changed for me again. Games no longer need the 2 hour drop anymore. Despite me having refunded games in the past. Dunno if it's just the glitch at work or what.

I heard that there's a timeout for that. If true, that means you refunded a while ago and you're account is 'clean' again.

Jawmuncher

I heard that there's a timeout for that. If true, that means you refunded a while ago and you're account is 'clean' again.

That's weird because I needed a refund on the raptor game. But I guess perhaps since that was manual (due it being past the date) that perhaps it didn't affect the record.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Devils Share -- MB-A781C10BF889C520 - Taken by Purkake4

Game removed from Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been meaning to ask Digital Homicide if it can add the music players to the store subs of its games as I realised too late that a handful of them have a different publisher name. The DH Steam account is still tagged as a developer on the various Steam Community hubs, so I assume it can be used to edit existing packages despite Valve cutting ties.

Arulan

Yes, Tyranny's relatively short duration shouldn't deter you from buying it.

Just last year we had another short CRPG with a focus on reactivity, and it turned out to be one of the best games of the year: The Age of Decadence. Speaking of which, Dungeon Rats comes out soon as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
ìve been banned for a month from gta online? wtf i deleted every mod

least the online is dull so im not too saddened

Any word on price for that?

AoD combat is incredibly underrated. This should be one of the better dungeon crawlers in years if the quality of encounters and combat design holds up from that. I dunno how anybody could claim turn-based games aren't exciting when every single decision is life-or-death like AoD.

From what I heard from Vince, the price will be $8.99.

Ludens

Banned
Is it good enough to put the time in to play that section? I skipped it after seeing some comments that it wasn't necessary.

Yes it's very good. Also it depends
on how many fake endings you saw, there are like 2 or 3. So you might miss other contents as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom