• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
starting to look like this is it, not much for me. Most of the good discounts are on...im sorry to say, bundle fodder games (Stranded for example), which is terrible but a sad reality these days

Yeah I think Typing of the Dead is going to be it for me for this sale.

Actually - I'm always a bit wary of early access games after everything this year - but is Plague Inc. worth picking up in it's current state? Does it feel complete enough to not worry?

Xanathus

I just found out that a sequel exists for Chains of Satinav, a point-and-click adventure game that takes place in the Dark Eye universe. It's named Memoria and actually continues the story. I actually got emotionally invested in the story from the first game so this comes as a super huge pleasant surprise
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243200/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Actually - I'm always a bit wary of early access games after everything this year - but is Plague Inc. worth picking up in it's current state? Does it feel complete enough to not worry?

I liked it - it's "feature complete" and on par with the mobile version, and includes Steam achievements.

I believe the reason it's still in Early Access is that they want to add a lot of PC-specific features. They already have higher resolution visuals.

$12.74 is still pretty high for something you can buy for $0.99 on mobile though.

Grief.exe

Does anyone else feel bad for Microsoft and Nintendo? They seem to be doing everything right from a pure game perspective, but can't seem to generate the sales numbers when compared to the PS4.

No sale for Silent Hill Homecoming.
That should be expected at this point. Konami just doesn't want people to play it :p

I would be totally fine with that if they added the original PC versions of SH 2/3 to Steam.

wilflare

Does anyone else feel bad for Microsoft and Nintendo? They seem to be doing everything right from a pure game perspective, but can't seem to generate the sales numbers when compared to the PS4.

I would be totally fine with that if they added the original PC versions of SH 2/3 to Steam.

Nintendo - YES
Microsoft - NO (how are they doing things from a pure game perspective?!)

KarmaCow

XP bug? You mean XP gains aren't supposed to be glacial slow?
(That's what I'm hoping at least)

I didn't actually played it post v1.2 so I'm just going by impression but yea, getting to level 2 should be trivial. I just tried it out, it seemed to be inline with how it was at launch.

Haunted

I just found out that a sequel exists for Chains of Satinav, a point-and-click adventure game that takes place in the Dark Eye universe. It's named Memoria and actually continues the story. I actually got emotionally invested in the story from the first game so this comes as a super huge pleasant surprise
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243200/
A friend of mine is a fairly big Dark Eye fan and she highly recommended Memoria when it came out last year.

I personally think that most of the Daedalic pnc adventure games rely on their fantastic art as a crutch and aren't really all that great to play (puzzle-design or dialogue-wise), but I suppose this one in particular has a strong main character and is cool for fans of the universe.

I don't feel too bad for Microsoft, but Nintendo is being ravaged. It's unfortunate.

MUnited83

For you.
It's hiding 99% of all the deals anyway, and there's no oversight.

Again, it's being updated( has now 21 pages) and you can see what people would call the "Best deals" on the top spots.

edit:Seems Resident Evil Revelations 2 will go for pre-purchase on this sale

Xanathus

A friend of mine is a fairly big Dark Eye fan and she highly recommended Memoria when it came out last year.

I don't care for the Dark Eye universe but the plot and what happens in the game really tugged on my heartstrings. I'm definitely getting it. The game is also mechanically fine and has modern point and click adventure features like object highlighting.

I liked it - it's "feature complete" and on par with the mobile version, and includes Steam achievements.

I believe the reason it's still in Early Access is that they want to add a lot of PC-specific features. They already have higher resolution visuals.

$12.74 is still pretty high for something you can buy for $0.99 on mobile though.

Also, enhanced steam tells me it has been cheaper in the past ($10).

FloatOn

4 Billion in the bank though, just turned a profit this quarter, going into a strong holiday season. Things are looking up.

Star Fox and Legend of Zelda next year could be a pretty big deal.

I'm pretty intrigued by Splatoon and the Miyamoto projects as well (project robot + project guard).

MUnited83

For you.
No? There's games that aren't even discounted on the first page if you sort by relevance, and if you go by cheapest, you get a fuckton of pages of just dlc

Sanitarium was doubly discounted for a while.

The only game that is not discounted on the first page here is Alien Isolation, and I'm assuming that it's discount will pop-up eventually.

Good news for Valkyria Chronicles

@SEGA: @RoboitoAM Valkyria supports 720p / 1080p, as well as higher resolutions depending on your max monitor resolution. 60FPS supported as well.
Shared via TweetCaster

What? Hell no. Both companies aren't doing "everything" right as far as I'm concerned... and I'm glad their sales aren't really there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom