• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

The only game that is not discounted on the first page here is Alien Isolation, and I'm assuming that it's discount will pop-up eventually.
There's preorders in there that basically have their preorder discount (aka not really discounted), but I'm done discussing this.
If you like it, I'm happy for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not really sure if it's an error, but Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition is -87% for owners of the original Guacamelee right now.

and the 80% off on Sanitarium

edit: why is alone in the dark: the new nightmare only 60% off and not 75% off like its cousin >_>

Copons

Good news for Valkyria Chronicles

@SEGA: @RoboitoAM Valkyria supports 720p / 1080p, as well as higher resolutions depending on your max monitor resolution. 60FPS supported as well.
Shared via TweetCaster

Why is this so unexpected?
It's Sega, and Sega kinda always treated PC well when porting.

Nzyme32

Just got home, any price errors I missed?

Sanatarium was 85p or something, but I was too busy jumping at Valkyria which it turns out is actually cheaper on GmG, so I lost on all fronts. Also one of the Guacamelees is super cheap, not sure if error or just a good deal

Corpekata

Banned
If you owned Evil Within, Cthulu, and the Season pass before the sale check your inventory, just got a coupon that's good for 66 percent off Wolfenstein (or Skyrim/Dishonored GOTYs).

Quick giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for HeebieJeebies:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HeebieJeebies, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
PAYDAY 2: Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-E25126799D75CE5A - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.

t1414693328z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
are you using enhanced steam?i heard that it's updating with a 30 minute difference to avoid server problems

Only the price history stuff (and other things that are loaded from our API servers), not the store pages themselves though.

somehow I dont own painkiller black o_O

You might double check that. It was bundled previously with a different app ID. So if you have that version, it won't show you own it on the store page. Check your library.

Chariot

Good news for Valkyria Chronicles

@SEGA: @RoboitoAM Valkyria supports 720p / 1080p, as well as higher resolutions depending on your max monitor resolution. 60FPS supported as well.
Shared via TweetCaster
Oh god, so good. I don't even wanna buy the games from the russians now. I buy it in my expensive EU I shop, because this port is worth it.

I won Vertical Drop Heroes HD from the dev here and feel obligated to tell you that it's a very good game. Even wrote my only review about it: http://steamcommunity.com/id/derExperte/recommended/311480/

I bought the game shortly after you originally posted your impressions. I have really enjoyed playing it and so have my sons. If anyone doesn't already have it the first tier in the humble weekly is definitely worth a purchase.

Alavard

I know everyone is talking about the Evil Within season pass sale price, but holy heck, I only just noticed for the first time how expensive the main game itself is.

$77.79 CDN, reduced by 15% to $66.12 CDN. That's insane.

To clarify, I'm not griping about how the sale is only 15% (game just released after all), but how expensive the base price is.

Edit - oh wait, now I'm seeing that you can only buy it bundled with Cthulhu: Dark Corners, and that's what's making it so expensive? Double-weird.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You might double check that. It was bundled previously with a different app ID. So if you have that version, it won't show you own it on the store page. Check your library.

ah ha! there it is, I knew I had it. Thanks shack, you saved me 0.99€

edit: Sanctum of Slime 1.99€? sure why not always wanted to try it, and it probably wont be bundled

MUnited83

For you.
There's preorders in there that basically have their preorder discount (aka not really discounted), but I'm done discussing this.
If you like it, I'm happy for you.

From what i've seen on previous sales, this would still be the case if it was a banner-based sale.

Turfster

Is Murdered: Soul Suspect good? It's 75% off

It's great and well worth it.

From what i've seen on previous sales, this would still be the case if it was a banner-based sale.
Okay, fine, one more.
They wouldn't be part of the "halloween2014 sale page", though, which is what this separate search laughably calls itself.
Also, I'm pretty sure Alien is just not going to be discounted.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ah ha! there it is, I knew I had it. Thanks shack, you saved me 0.99€

No problem! I used to get that email a lot (that Enhanced Steam wouldn't highlight it even though it was in people's libraries) but I get it a lot less now that Steam itself doesn't show it correctly either.

I would have thought with their v6 update that they would be forced to clean up issues like this, but nope

Haunted

I won Vertical Drop Heroes HD from the dev here and feel obligated to tell you that it's a very good game. Even wrote my only review about it: http://steamcommunity.com/id/derExperte/recommended/311480/
I bought the game shortly after you originally posted your impressions. I have really enjoyed playing it and so have my sons. If anyone doesn't already have it the first tier in the humble weekly is definitely worth a purchase.
Had dismissed the bundle after looking at the tiers and seeing Betrayer (the only game that kinda interested me) in one of the higher ones - I went back and bought the 1st tier after reading these posts.

Spyware

Got gifted Guacamelee so I'm mega happy now! :D

So here is the usual humble stuff giveaway that's probably gonna plague the thread :p

Loved Knock-knock and Home, lovely little games (and very odd, in Knock-knock's case)!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly 30 -- MB-AB08FE1C249F69FB
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-77B893E042BC60BC - Taken by Blak_Status. 14 entrants total.
Knock-knock -- MB-9D30E564D2B7D2C2 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-03A0CFE3D3330A00 - Taken by Vazduh. 7 entrants total.
Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-B405ABEE7168D742 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Home -- MB-41C3D840ABD98F45 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.

t1414693987z1.png

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Sanitarium 1,99$ = 4,79€. Sure...

I Am Alive looks tempting. Played trial on PS3 back in the day when it was released, totally forgot this game.

Parsnip

So how's Soul Reaver on PC? I've only played on PSX way back when, but dropped it for some reason and never got back to it (because my PSX broke).

Turfster

That really bugs you, doesn't it? :s

Yes. Yes it does =p
It should at least 'collapse' DLC under games, and you know, not be broken as fuck, to just name 2 things.
As it stands, you can't see the forest for the trees and the "soft" color palette (instead of a clearly contrasting box) makes the discounts unclear too at first glance.

Sanitarium 1,99$ = 4,79€. Sure...
That's the cached price mistake US price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom