• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

It's going to annoy me that I'll be missing one achievement in the original release of Guacamelee but I picked up a copy of STCE just in case the price mistake is the cheapest it gets.

Yeah, this new sale layout totally sucks.

It doesn't really highlight the good deals, so you're stuck trudging through crap (and in my case) probably missing the good deals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is why you put EVERYTHING you could possibly ever be interested on your wishlits people! :p

For Grief.exe:

- Intro FMV removed
- Enemies gush more blood
- Human beheadings removed
- Added a few more save points
- Added many more Muaramasa statues
- Added a couple enemies from higher difficulties
- New backflip and somersault animations
- Aquire Flying Swallow a few chapters earlier
- Aquire Lunar a few chapters later
- Murai severely nerfed
- Horseman boss redesigned
- New burning village area
- Doku intro FMV now real-time
- New scripted Doku battle
- New weapon: twin katana
- Black ninjas redesigned
- Ticket fetching removed
- New enemy: biker soldier
- Healing Xbox replaced with healing monolith
- 3 new chapters as Rachel
- A couple new cutscenes as Rachel
- New boss: Gamov
- Crazier boob physics
- New enemy: floating spirit ball
- New Alma music
- Army choppers now drop bombs
- Strongbow "puzzle" removed
- New boss: Dynamo rematch
- Tank and chopper bosses nerfed
- Underwater segment significantly shortened
- New enemy: merman
- New enemy: RPG turret
- Doku battle theme changed to emperor's theme
- Platform puzzle changed (switches removed)
- Ore puzzle changed (ores no longer necessary)
- Fire cavern tunnels removed
- Flame worm boss buffed (now two of them)
- Purple zombies redesigned
- Pyramid puzzle removed

What bug? And is the new version fixes?

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but a couple of my games (Guacamelee Gold and RE6) don't respond well to RT.

Some will act like I'm holding it down, or mashing it repeatedly. So with Guacamelee I'd do a portal change, and then sudden 20 more unless I start jabbing RT again. It's also part of the reason why I went to Mouse + Keyboard less than an hour into RE6.

It might be my controller but considering this has happened in two out of the hundreds of PC and X360 games I've played (including emulators), I'd wager there's another issue involved.

Doubt Super Turbo fixes it...but oh well. It's a good game otherwise.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For Grief.exe:

Crazier boob physics

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Copons

Yeah, this new sale layout totally sucks.

It doesn't really highlight the good deals, so you're stuck trudging through crap (and in my case) probably missing the good deals.

I actually wouldn't mind if the Halloween sale layout will stay like this.
I very much prefer a simple and easily scannable search results page, than the huge flood of games thumbnails without the title (fuck it, ctrl+f) that they used in any other Halloween sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whistleblower 66% off againl even tho its been 75% off in other places, gamersgate for example recently... that steam premium >_>

i really wish king's bounty dark side was a bit cheaper

king's bounty's awesome

this. its quite recent tho :(

MUnited83

For you.
Am I the only one who prefers this sale layout. I mean, yeah, it sucks that it's not completely updated yet, but it's much better than the messy banners and deals being hidden. I much prefer it this way.

Dr Dogg

Well even in my rush of excitement I can't believe I didn't see this.
I know there's already a decent in-game system in place but Steam Chieveos aren't mandatory so it's nice that the extra work has gone in.

Image looks a bit soft in the store pics but not even close to the eye gougingly sharp PS3 original.

rac

Banned
Whenever I see Insurgency on sale I feel like I want it but just never pull the trigger.

Definitely going to buy fear though. Does it hold up well?

Rhaknar

dreadout 33% and (still) no sale on the Obscure games tho...

Nabs

The hard mode achievement. It's not tough but I don't feel like running through the entire game at the moment and I'm certainly not going to do it when the updated version is right there.

Ahh. I ended up 100%ing STCE (so much easier), then going back and finally finishing off Hard Mode in the original. You need zen-like patience for that final boss.

MUnited83

For you.
Didn't finish the original Guacamelee, is the TCE version different enough to warrant a purchase?

At the price it is now coupled with the previous owners discount, yes. A few new levels and powers, not too shabby. It ruins the difficulty though(too easy) and overall is mostly the same game.

MattyG

Banned
That's weird. Someone gifted me New Vegas vanilla last year, not Ultimate, but when I go to the store page with enhanced steam on it shows Ultimate as in my library.

EDIT: even without enhanced steam it shows it in my library. When I actually am in the steam client though it shows vanilla and none of the DLCs are listed under the tab, and it's only listed as the vanilla version in my account transaction history.

Heh..nothing on my wishlist is on sale.
Not interested in spending hours browsing the site for stuff.

Might as well re-install Guaca Gold and finish that up. Didn't even reach Jaguar, wanted to see what the hype is all about.

Tellaerin

Hey, has anyone here played AR-K? I'm not normally a big point-and-click adventure fan, but the artstyle on this one appeals to me and the setting and story sound intriguing. Be interested in hearing what other people thought.

Rhaknar

starting to look like this is it, not much for me. Most of the good discounts are on...im sorry to say, bundle fodder games (Stranded for example), which is terrible but a sad reality these days

Turfster

Am I the only one who prefers this sale layout. I mean, yeah, it sucks that it's not completely updated yet, but it's much better than the messy banners and deals being hidden. I much prefer it this way.
It's hiding 99% of all the deals anyway, and there's no oversight.

Braag

Kinda surprising that The Evil Within SP is 50% off. The content isn't even released yet and people who paid the full price must feel pretty bummed right now :p

The Cowboy

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Cowboy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Cowboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OBMvXGE.jpg

Evolve Big Alpha Key (PC) -- MB-2FFB6F285513F002 - Taken by devo1989. 6 entrants total.

t1414692187z1.png
Got 2 so have at the spare.

Valkyria Chronicles is up on GMG. $14.40 with coupon code: SPOOKY-TREATS-GMG20X

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/valkyria-chronicles/

Fuck it, cashed in all of my playfire credit.

Seems fitting since most of my credit came from Sega games.

Looks like Risk of Rain got updated to fix the XP bug, though I haven't tried it myself.

XP bug? You mean XP gains aren't supposed to be glacial slow?
(That's what I'm hoping at least)

Spyware

Urgh. It's not easter, Valve! It's the wrong time of year to go hunt for deals like hidden eggs :p

Got gifted The Fall and Master Reboot by my little brother so I'm very happy with the sale so far :D Gonna spend some money too, but mostly not for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom