• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Depends on whether you're going to play it right now or not.

I bought it and I think it's pretty good. I like it more than Bastion. I wasn't a big Bastion fan, though, and I like RPGs a lot (Transistor is more RPG-like than Bastion).
I probably won't play it right now. So yeah waiting might be better. I didn't like Bastion that much either but I played Transistor a bit at a friend's house and it was good to me. gorgeous soundtrack.

i'd wait
it's not that great of a game
y u so difficult to please? </3

Here's an extra. I've heard good things about this game. Despite its fanservice-y outer shell, it's supposed to be a pretty solid platformer.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-98E16A689F885060 - Taken by Decado

jblank83

I'm assuming its pretty much like bastion

It's different. The largest similarity is the dynamic narration.

It's a semi real time tactical RPG. Bastion was pure action. Combat is completely different. RPG mechanics are different. Character building is different. Controls are different.

I'm looking at the Legacy of Kain pack at the moment at 4 dollars, but I'm reading bad things about the port. I can probably get around the controller issues, but the freezing looks like a big problem. I got burned on the Jet Set Radio port earlier where I can't load saved games properly, so I'd like some help with this if there are any fixes.

trick? treat?

???
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim -- MB-066344C55CB7115B - Taken by Saty. 15 entrants total.

t1414715168z1.png

Turfster

Shadowrun Dragonfall needs to stop fucking bugging out during this mission.
APEX
, so it's not like it's a side mission they didn't playtest.
This is the 3rd time it's stopped responding to me

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm assuming its pretty much like bastion. while bastion was an alright game, its not worth anything more than $5 imo, gets boring like midway though, plus its short. I'm gonna wait it out. who knows, maybe when I'm finally ready for it it'll be included in a humble bundle.
yea pretty much

i actually liked bastion better

It's better than most.
i wouldn't rush to buy it tho

it's got a lot of style but i thought the gameplay wasn't enjoyable in either real time or "pause mode" and the murkiness of the story was both a strength and a weakness

y u so difficult to please? </3
i'm not difficult to please

game developers are bad at pleasing

Holy shit, 192!
Who cares, I didnt win. Hmph
congrats winners...
It's different. The largest similarity is the dynamic narration.

It's a semi real time tactical RPG. Bastion was pure action. Combat is completely different. RPG mechanics are different. Character building is different. Controls are different.
Oh well thats good news for when I finally do get around to playing it

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Any major issues with RE4 PC port before I buy?
Native res looks a bit soft (likely the same setup as how the Wii handled resolution) but that can be fixed by downsampling. I had no other issues but some people have complained about QTE timing even post patch in specific events.

iosefe

Theonik claimed your Valkyria Chronicles #2 key. There were 192 entrants.
topyy claimed your Valkyria Chronicles key. There were 203 entrants.
An-Det claimed your Valkyria Chronicles #3 key. There were 184 entrants.

it's always funny when the enttry numbers aren't equal

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
My favourite game on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Make sure to bring the dark green jacket for my Kyle Reese costume.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Hosue of Dead Ninjas -- MB-8474388A9C7B7D1D - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 5 entrants total.

t1414706228z1.png

Berlok

Let's say that I wanted to buy Dead Space 2 from Steam, which seems to be blocked in Germany. What would be the easiest to do so?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed the other groupees bundle for Attack of the Mutant Colossus.
It looks gloriously trashy.

EDIT: Mutant Colossus from Outer Space. Whatever.

I'm irritated that it isn't on steam. It's a perfect confluence of bad ideas and realization of said ideas that it is kinda amazing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess that $0.89 price on The Moon Sliver was a pricing error.

It's back to $2.39 / 20% off.

Apparently, The Moon Sliver is now 70% off as part of the Halloween sale. I did not intend for it to be discounted that much, as it kind of screws over anyone who purchased the game prior to this. Either there was a miscommunication between me and Valve, or someone just made a mistake. Either way, I apologize to anyone who bought the game over the last few days and feels cheated, and I'll be contacting Valve to see what's going on.

Oh well.

Alavard

Wasn't one of AC designers talking recently about how they didn't want to go to Feudal Era Japan because that setting had been used too often?

Also, you should get Transistor now. It's fantastic.

They've been saying that for years, actually. Although, to be fair, that was back when they were only doing one game a year. If they continue to do two per year, I could see them bending on fan pressure a little more. And stuff like this gives them opportunities to at least touch on additional settings in a game.

MattyG

Banned
Ok, be honest guys... is Amnesia really THAT scary? I always hear people saying it's one of the scariest games they've ever played, but I feel like it might just be one of those games that people exaggerate about.

AHA-Lambda

OK, really didn't like the new KRZ short, you just listen to random voicemail messages on a phone =/

Least the last one really felt like it had something.

gngf123

Ok, be honest guys... is Amnesia really THAT scary? I always hear people saying it's one of the scariest games they've ever played, but I feel like it might just be one of those games that people exaggerate about.
Exaggerated maybe, but it is still pretty damn good. At least the original was.

Unfortunately a lot of the games inspired by it missed the point entirely.

Reg

Banned

I've played the Penumbra games and I thought those were pretty scary.

rtcn63

It's scary, but becomes irritating/confusing/hard to navigate very quickly, at least for me.

Turfster

Yes, I almost gave myself a heartattack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom