• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
aren't the groupees bundles supposed to just be a bunch of +1s anyways?

and you got blaz blue for 2 bucks

doesn't sound that bad

hmm
I can't decide between Fallout New Vegas Ultimate or DMC3.
tough choice tho considering how shitty dmc3's port is, you might want to go with new vegas

you should be getting the dmc games in a bundle anyways

MQX

Okay, new rule for SteamGAF:

- Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.

Seems like a good rule :/.

And no Blazblue Steam key?
igcWBo29BPIP8.gif

$2 for Akane the Kunoichi, Blazblue, RefleX and Stagelight??? seems like a fair price(it's still better than $4 ;3). But still. Why no BB keyz?!?!?

Edit: And why do I have 9 "Give Back Bundle" bundles? Is this normal? o.o

Surprisingly, I've never played Bloodlines, despite having played the pen and paper Vampire: The Masquerade RPG. And I had the old Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption PC game which I loved...

I liked vampire the masquerade. Even got it on GOG I think and intend to play it again.

Some reason everyone seems to love bloodlines a lot more. It didn't click with me the same way for some reason. And it might even be objectively superior, but for all the bugs and the fact that the game shipped that way because they had to basically stop production or something.

But I like the masquerade a whole lot more and the character in that game shows up in the books as well. Christof is his name if I remember correctly. It was also a pretty tough game IIRC.

Miguel81

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition looks pretty good in these pics. But 20€ mhhh

Any impressions from gaffers already?

Gamersgate usually has a sale on the D&D Infinity Engine games for 4 and change. That's all of the games from Baldur's Gate to Planescape. I'm not sure how much better the enhanced edition is or if mods will be enough to get the standard edition up to snuff.

hmm
I can't decide between Fallout New Vegas Ultimate or DMC3.

Get Fallout. Maybe we'll get a proper version of DMC3 one day, along with the fantastic original.

Arthea

you guys cant be serious... Blazblue isn't worth even $2?
Also I'm pretty sure keys will be added later, it's not first time this happens.
The bundle maybe not awesome,
I don't see economica that I was sure is in,
but it's rich in shmups.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Also, games. Take them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Risk of Rain -- MB-D5D995DFCFFE92C0 - Taken by topyy
Risk of Rain 3 -- MB-BAF8E49DE5D0DE70 - Taken by autoduelist
Risk of Rain 4 -- MB-61151A5E4F4826B6 - Taken by nja
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-E7D3D184A35CB92F - Taken by dot
Teleglitch -- MB-DFE01249DCA880E4

Here. Have some more.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tower of Guns -- MB-ADD86FB71FD70FC8 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
QUALIA 3: Multi Agent -- MB-C2B9AE990D68526C - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Danmaku Unlimited 2 -- MB-E7D1B6D5CABD6F9E - Taken by Kuroyume. 5 entrants total.
Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-3A15567465BFF40A - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-8EEB645D0125CBFA - Taken by salazar547. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Planet -- MB-1A6F40DEA01BFE0A - Taken by Reg. 1 entrants total.
RefleX -- MB-FC17AA4C125E94CF - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.

t1414701127z1.png

gngf123

Also, for those that don't own it already, Danmaku Unlimited is actually a pretty damn good game.

It's no Crimzon Clover, but it is still one of the better ones.

gblues

Banned
Woot, Halloween sale!

Witcher 2, Velocity Ultra, The Moon Silver, and Deadly Premonitions for $12 and change. A ton of good classics in there for dirt cheap, too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
you guys cant be serious... Blazblue isn't worth even $2?
Also I'm pretty sure keys will be added later, it's not first time this happens.
The bundle maybe not awesome,
I don't see economica that I was sure is in,
but it's rich in shmups.

It's missing the VN mode and online play, the former of which I want most. I wouldn't say I feel ripped off by the bundle, but one does wish there could have been a few more heavy-hitters. Oh well, some +1's I might check out some day!

No, that's Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
Huh. It's coming to Steam? Damn, must have missed the news. Cool.
Which gameplay has the better mechanics? Revengeance or Sigma?
Both look like similar games.

Wow, Groupees Remute Bundle is not bad.
Only 1$ for Mind. I basically paid 4€ on Indiegala only because of Mind. And it was this week as well :/
Never would have thought the price to plummet so fast. Crazy. How do Indie devs make enough money?!
Ah, well. Guess I am gonna get the Groupees bundle anyway. It's got Level 22 which is also on my wishlist and a spare Mind copy for gifting is also pretty cool :)

Turfster

Surprisingly, I've never played Bloodlines, despite having played the pen and paper Vampire: The Masquerade RPG. And I had the old Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption PC game which I loved...

Bloodlines is better. (Altho I liked Redemption a lot. They're very different games.)

new alone in the dark has a coop mode wtf

the title of the fucking game is alone in the dark

whyyy developers why

It's coop only.
4lone in the d4rk - not so alone any more

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition looks pretty good in these pics. But 20€ mhhh

Any impressions from gaffers already?

Icewind dale was always the least of the infinity engine games.

How is Aarklash: Legacy?

It's sort of... party-based strategy diablo?
I like it. It also has adorable voice acting.

Why am I hesitating about buying dead space 2 just to fill the hole in my origin trilogy? OCD, stahp, plz

Why am I hesitating about buying dead space 2 just to fill the hole in my origin trilogy? OCD, stahp, plz

i had that same feeling, too, since it wasn't included as part of the EA humble bundle from a while back.

Trust me, the sooner you have it, the sooner it'll stop bothering you that you don't have it. It's also a pretty decent game, too, in case you haven't played it before.

Turfster

i had that same feeling, too, since it wasn't included as part of the EA humble bundle from a while back.

Trust me, the sooner you have it, the sooner it'll stop bothering you that you don't have it. It's also a pretty decent game, too, in case you haven't played it before.

I played it on ps3... some of it.
I found it meh.

... Sigh, fine, goodbye carefully hoarded card money.

Frologic

Woot, Halloween sale!

Witcher 2, Velocity Ultra, The Moon Silver, and Deadly Premonitions for $12 and change. A ton of good classics in there for dirt cheap, too.

Good buy. Now I know why I couldn't find any impressions of this game other than mine in the thread, people have been spelling it wrong. It's the Moon Sliver and it's a great short game! I bought it when it released yesterday and now it's on a 70 percent sale lol. Dev says valve made a mistake but I'm okay with the full price purchase.

It's missing the VN mode and online play, the former of which I want most. I wouldn't say I feel ripped off by the bundle, but one does wish there could have been a few more heavy-hitters. Oh well, some +1's I might check out some day!

Why is it missing the VN mode? I remember the old PC one a few years ago had it.

I really wish it was, but no, Grief and Corrosivefrost were just discussing the differences between the Black and Sigma versions. Personally, either one would do for me as there are +/- to both.
Oh, bummer. Well, with recent development of JP games coming to PC maybe we won't have to wait much longer?

Bought DreadOut, Transistor and Costume Quest 2 all for around $19. Nice.

Also finally received Bayonetta 2 and bought SMTIV. Oh boy, so many games to play.

The_Monk

Resident Evil Revelations is still not on the sweet spot I want and it feels I'm going to wait a lot until I can find it for a price I like.

Also, Halloween sale and no discount on Knock-Knock? That's a shame, I would like to see more GAFfers giving this game a try. I would not say it's a scary game but I feel it's a bit disturbing and sound of the doors are way creepy. Here's my review for those curious about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/250380/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, Halloween sale and no discount on Knock-Knock? That's a shame, I would like to see more GAFfers giving this game a try. I would not say it's a scary game but I feel it's a bit disturbing and sound of the doors are way creepy. Here's my review for those curious about it:

It may not be on sale on Steam, but it's in the $1 tier of the latest Humble Weekly Bundle, so a lot of people will have an opportunity to play.

Messiah

Resident Evil Revelations is still not on the sweet spot I want and it feels I'm going to wait a lot until I can find it for a price I like.

It's in the newest Humble Weekly Bundle!

Edit: not even mad to be beaten by jshackles

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom