• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

It may not be on sale on Steam, but it's in the $1 tier of the latest Humble Weekly Bundle, so a lot of people will have an opportunity to play.

It's in the newest Humble Weekly Bundle!

Edit: not even mad to be beaten by jshackles

Knock-Knock is in the most recent Humble Bundle's teir 1 though :p

It's in the weekly humble.

I've been so tired my good GAFfers... and I've been missing some news indeed, need to catch up.

There's no excuse then, get it! :D

zkylon

zkylewd
Resident Evil Revelations is still not on the sweet spot I want and it feels I'm going to wait a lot until I can find it for a price I like.

Also, Halloween sale and no discount on Knock-Knock? That's a shame, I would like to see more GAFfers giving this game a try. I would not say it's a scary game but I feel it's a bit disturbing and sound of the doors are way creepy. Here's my review for those curious about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/250380/
what are u talking about it scared the shit out of me

Miguel81

Oh, bummer. Well, with recent development of JP games coming to PC maybe we won't have to wait much longer?

Koei Tecmo would be wise to put the NG games on Steam. Always good to have more character action games, and they're much more likely to sell now than last decade.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Closure got cards.

Frologic

Betrayer is really the only game in there that interests me. Is it any good? I thought I remembered it getting pretty mixed reactions.

I recommend it if you like atmospheric story games, there's a great sense of mystery and dread on the island you explore. Main complaints were that it gets a bit repetitive after a while, every map you basically gather clues in light world and dark world and then talk to npcs that reveal the story, but I didn't mind. Combat is simple but satisfying, I dig the bows and old muskets. Also, game has best tree swaying ever.

Uzzy

Oh nice, the Transistor soundtrack is 50% off too. That's instabought.

I recommend it if you like atmospheric story games, there's a great sense of mystery and dread on the island you explore. Main complaints were that it gets a bit repetitive after a while, every map you basically gather clues in light world and dark world and then talk to npcs that reveal the story, but I didn't mind. Combat is simple but satisfying, I dig the bows and old muskets. Also, game has best tree swaying ever.

Betrayer's one of my favourite games this year, and I agree with all of this. The atmosphere is fantastic, aided by the wonderful art direction and sound design. The gameplay gets a bit repetitive though.

zkylon

zkylewd
so anyone played that new jagged alliance game?

steam reviews are so overwhelmingly negative, it's crazy.

I had my subwoofer in a corner of the room, like I mentioned on the review I posted. It made such a big difference, it seemed someone was really knocking a door right by my side. *Immersion* :p
damn that sounds great and awful at the same time

Brah, the last time you saw your own shadow, you retreated back into your room until Spring came.
hey that game is spooky

lights going off and doors getting shut behind you and all that

this all in spite of me being a scaredypants

gngf123

Here's a videogame

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Danmaku Unlimited 2 -- MB-103BE86AE8662808 - Taken by billmcdougal. 8 entrants total.

t1414703468z1.png

Strider

Finished Bayonetta 2 yesterday and yea... that's my GOTY so far :p

Also started playing Sunset Overdrive and I haven't had this much fun playing an open world game since Sleeping Dogs. Loving it. My consoles have gotten some serious play time recently. While I'm sure I'll put in a lot of time into Beyond Earth it's a disappointment compared to these 2.

Edit: Oh shit DMC4 is $5. So bought.

Sajjaja

Is there a boss rush mode or something in DMC4? I just fought Angel Credo, you know, the one from the gif, and I want to fight him again to get good D:

dmc4nerospeargrab1355xheoj.gif

Tizoc

Anyone know of a trader offering the EU4 DLC for cheap?

Have some spares for now
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-E9D246C84664EF6E - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
LEVEL 22: GARY'S MISADVENTURES -- MB-AE849CF3793A9AA1 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BEEKYR: SHMUP FOR EXPERTS Desura Key -- MB-DADD59343426F3A7 - Taken by Darth Kupi

t1414713611z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned
Is there a boss rush mode or something in DMC4? I just fought Angel Credo, you know, the one from the gif, and I want to fight him again to get good D:
There are checkpoints before bosses, you fight them till they have a pixel of life and then let them win. Repeat.

Deitus

Not exactly. Mission 18 or 19 has you play the dice minigame again, and ultimately has you fight most of the bosses again, but this is only playable as Nero. I can't remember if Credo is present or not.

Then there is the Bloody Palace, which has you fight through hundreds of floors full of fights in succession, with most of the Bosses included (Credo does show up here), but it takes a while to get through the normal fights to get to the bosses.

There isn't a straight up Boss Rush mode though. There really should be though.

Edit: If you just want to fight the one boss, the fastest way is going to be just replay the mission.

jblank83

Should I jump on Transistor or do you think they'll be a 75% off during Winter Sale?

Depends on whether you're going to play it right now or not.

I bought it and I think it's pretty good. I like it more than Bastion. I wasn't a big Bastion fan, though, and I like RPGs a lot (Transistor is more RPG-like than Bastion).

Parsnip

Have at it.
Everyone has Risk of Rain now I guess, but here's couple more and some other stuff.
The Payday 2 masks obviously need the main game, so don't enter if you don't own it. Don't be dick.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-DC5C6955BA029DB9 - Taken by sensoft04
Paranormal -- MB-B73807D68C8CE2F2 - Taken by Fare Godmace
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-BDB689B243AAD487 - Taken by Texan365
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-96D5380BE88FFCF7 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
eversion -- MB-E4B64B4E1374F1EE - Taken by redlacs
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-595FBF5E58DDDDDD - Taken by Majukun
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F5DDCDE6F447851F - Taken by Naked Snake
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-8BA1E0A16363190E - Taken by fernandes
Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-0B658F4C234BAE49 - Taken by cHinzo
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-A01320B9046863ED - Taken by Freezard
Jazzpunk -- MB-3ECB93DC4040D09E - Taken by Jadax
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-B21C0CF727C4A1CC - Taken by KageZero

Rezae

Man all those sales... Definitely gonna grab the DMC3+4 bundle and the Legacy of Kain bundle for old times sake.

Are there enough fixes out there yet for Fallout 3 to make it an enjoyable experience on Windows 7? I've always avoided it because of all the bugs/crashes I've heard about.

i'd wait

it's not that great of a game

I'm assuming its pretty much like bastion. while bastion was an alright game, its not worth anything more than $5 imo, gets boring like midway though, plus its short. I'm gonna wait it out. who knows, maybe when I'm finally ready for it it'll be included in a humble bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom