• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLight

For anyone who wants it,
ModBot said:
Instructions for TheLight:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLight, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve Alpha -- MB-5DB7158002EEF051 - Taken by Pakkidis

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Resident Evil 6 and 5 are on sale for 66% and 50% off respectively. Get them from Russia or wait till Winter for a bigger discount?

capcom has been stingy lately, I dont remember the last time RE6 was 75% for example, so xmas sale might not be much better. its weird that 5 is only 50% too

Turfster

capcom has been stingy lately, I dont remember the last time RE6 was 75% for example, so xmas sale might not be much better. its weird that 5 is only 50% too

They probably won't discount 5 deeper before it gets de-GFWLed, and then not for a while after that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-3D8659F3C398E77D - Taken by Rhaknar. 116 entrants total.

t1414731908z1.png

Nintendo are doing right, software-wise. Too bad the hardware is a clusterfuck.

Again, I don't think so.
Part of that depends on how much you want that "next iteration of whatever classic we struck gold on last time" software. Super Mario Bros. 739. Mario Kart 93. Pokemon 139.
The other part depends on how okay you are with the infrastructure they have surrounding their hardware and software (technically software aspects, such as DRM and the like). And that shit? Abso-fucking-lutely unacceptable.
Nintendo has this problem where they want to appeal to wider audiences and still retain the core gamers (hence trying to come out of the gate big with BLOPS 2 and a bunch of 3rd party ports to the system (Arkham City, Mass Effect, whatever as well as trying to get things like the Bayonetta sequel off the ground and convincing ubisoft to do ZombiU or whatever). However, at the same point, they ignore what that hardcore crowd wants from the platform on a basic level and then end up regretting it and giving in down the line when even the basic owners start complaining or looking for it. See: 480p vs HD.

Greeeat. If I'd know that a week ago, I wouldn't have bought it for Vita. Fuck me.

Is this from VC?
If so, all's real good besides this..

Give me all the anime intros and gore.

No, differences when comparing NGB and NGS.

Miguel81

Man.. the consequences thing is exactly what the previous games alluded to, and a perfect thing to add. I'm very glad that Dreamfall Chapters is more than a nostalgia trip.

I may break my standard rule of "don't buy episodic games until finished" rule for this magnificent beast of a game.

I remember enjoying The Longest Journey in the late 90s, but never got around to Dreamfall(PC was weak). Should get around to that when GoG has a sale, before Chapters.

I remember enjoying The Longest Journey in the late 90s, but never got around to Dreamfall(PC was weak). Should get around to that when GoG has a sale, before Chapters.

Definitely play them in order if you can. I suspect it will make the whole, ahem, journey a lot more fulfilling.

I imagine Dreamfall will be on sale during Christmas. So, that'll be your time to strike.

Shadownet

Banned
Do you want to play them now? If not, you should wait. I'm still waiting for that Gold announcement for Resi 5 before I buy.
The one on Steam isn't gold? that is disappointing! Come on Capcom.

Man.. the consequences thing is exactly what the previous games alluded to, and a perfect thing to add. I'm very glad that Dreamfall Chapters is more than a nostalgia trip.

I may break my standard rule of "don't buy episodic games until finished" rule for this magnificent beast of a game.
I'll tell you what though. I bought the Wolf Among Us just before the 5th episode came out. Played through all 4 episodes and then the 5th released the next day. It certainly does beat waiting around 2-3 week for an episode.

so I guess I should pick up Transistor now, right?

Not really. It can wait.

The one on Steam isn't gold? that is disappointing! Come on Capcom.

I'll tell you what though. I bought the Wolf Among Us just before the 5th episode came out. Played through all 4 episodes and then the 5th released the next day. It certainly does beat waiting around 2-3 week for an episode.

Why would it be?
Capcom has a nasty habit of neglecting the DLC produced for a game when it comes to PC ports.

Agreed.

Hopefully the release schedule for Dreamfall Chapters isn't the same sort of mess that TWAU's was. The latter took almost a year to complete, instead of the usual six or so months. Real bummer for early adopters.

Skip it. There are better games.

Parsnip

Nice, I think I'm going to play some Dreamfall Chapters now. Even though I got past the first crash with a few tries, I figured I'd wait at least for the first patch to actually get started.

Also, still couple more things left in the giveaway over here.

I'm playing Muri and enjoying it for what it is. It's a homage to old DOS games and while I only played a few of these games it brings back some nostalgia.

Also the game is cheap ($0.39) and has cards so at least buy it to idle.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DillonMabry, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin - Four Color Belorussian -- MB-F14F6747FC1FE605 - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-77460FE1F975DD43 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-1ADCF6C298F28DA9
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-AEFCF7DB25B80B1D - Taken by Feel_The_Pain. 9 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-C6560E688AE5227D - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-BD6523372E814BE5 - Taken by Patison. 4 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-E3B149DEBC8F245C - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-CD918A564B96899D
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-C3BE878230447E72
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-B3E142D04D86A926 - Taken by rickyson1. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-B7DFB06C2756A6F7

t1414726568z1.png

Lomax

It can only get cheaper, and if you've waited this long, may as well just wait until the winter sale, it will certainly be just as cheap and possibly even lower.

Man I don't even know why I write negative reviews.

Sucks feeling so "unhelpful".

Honestly, negative reviews need to be much more detailed to actually be helpful. If you can't convey in great detail specifically why your taste for a game should be taken seriously by the rest of the world, you're not providing useful information. And a lot of negative reviews focus on technical aspects that may not even apply to everyone. I'm not saying that's true of any of your reviews, I have no idea. I just know it's not really worth the effort to write a negative review unless you can do it really well.

Levyne

Banned
Man I don't even know why I write negative reviews.

Sucks feeling so "unhelpful".

Eh, helps to have a variety of opinions. I like to read negative reviews. Though it is annoying when I write a positive (thumbs up) review, but write a few things about the game I didn't love as much and then be told in the comments that there was something about the game I clearly didn't grasp or something. I recommended the darn game ;;

Levyne

Banned
I love that the Divinity allies also avoid things like lava. Generally pretty good AI pathing. However, in combat you've got to micromanage a bit more.

zkylon

zkylewd
One thing I love about Divinity is, after a trap is discovered, teammate AIs would automatically avoid it.

i'm really getting my ass kicked by these damn zombie boars lol

and i think i have nowhere else to go

i'm trying to come up with strategies but there's so many skeletons and mages and everything, i probably specc'd like shit

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

i'm trying to come up with strategies but there's so many skeletons and mages and everything, i probably specc'd like shit

Explore the beach to the south west of the city.

Fire is very effective against green stuff dripping crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom