• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

What raises your withdrawal limit in Saints Row 3? I was at 15k then it seemingly went up to 30k at random. Just wondering what raises it so I can do it again lol.

I just picked up Hammerwatch, The Long Dark, Metrocide and Running With Rifles.

3 Early Access games, why do I keep doing this???

What raises your withdrawal limit in Saints Row 3? I was at 15k then it seemingly went up to 30k at random. Just wondering what raises it so I can do it again lol.

iirc as you complete missions and gain experience that levels up

zkylon

zkylewd
finally beat the fuckers.

kited them back a bit while leaving a trail of fire with fire arrows

the fireball was also super effective

i think imma turn risky boots into an archer. she was initially gonna be the assassin type but i keep getting cool bow drops so you know gotta make do with what i get

jblank83

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jres80, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super House of the Dead Ninjas -- MB-A834B0C492DB8B7B - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.

t1414731189z1.png

I saw this game a long time ago and thought it looked neat, but I also thought it didn't really look worth much, kind of limited and silly. But It's on sale today for $1.25, so I bought it.

Turns out it's sort of really awesome.

Anyone, hope someone enjoys it.

None of the achievements are working for me in Risk of Rain.
=/

edit: Apparently it's a busted update. Guess I'll wait.

At least level-ups getting fixed made a huge difference. Managed to reach stage 4 a couple times.

It can't be as bad as 2/OTR. I refuse to believe.
DR2 was at least relatively faithful to the core idea behind DR1 and tried to implement new mechanics with a sign of appropriate constraint.

DR3 throws everything that made the franchise tick out the window, replaced it with condescending / mindnumbing AAA game design choices (think Ass Creed) and tops it all off with dumbed-down mission structure. It also contains nothing that resembles any degree of difficulty; I unlocked the S-ending with 0 deaths on my first frikkin' try! You also have an infinite stock of power weapons (albeit under some arbitrary limitation) that make DR2's look like flimsy toys, the balance of skill tree unlocks is completely out of whack, the game is infested with hundreds of busybody collectibles, Nightmare Mode is an obvious afterthought and both enemies as well as the overworld itself are specifically designed to waste your time. The latter is further highlighted by the horrid DLC episodes. Oh, and the protagonist is a melodramatic chickenshit that gets pushed around by virtually every NPC be it friend or foe, made worse by all of them being unlikeable assholes.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
finally beat the fuckers.

kited them back a bit while leaving a trail of fire with fire arrows

the fireball was also super effective

i think imma turn risky boots into an archer. she was initially gonna be the assassin type but i keep getting cool bow drops so you know gotta make do with what i get

The Orcs? They are guarding a cave you should explore. ^_^

Braag

Prey 2 is alive and in development. The prior version, made by Human Head, was canned. The current version is being made by Arkane.

Prey 2 looked pretty cool when they showed the game years ago.
I hope Arkane keeps the original idea of being a bounty hunter and hunting wanted persons.

Just played 65 minutes of The Evil Within demo, I got to middleish of Chapter 3 and stopped, it was pretty good, I look forward to buying the whole game when it's a little cheaper.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-3B41B777D0DE725A - Taken by KainXVIII. 138 entrants total.

t1414774867z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope Arkane keeps the original idea of being a bounty hunter and hunting wanted persons.

That was ditched. Arkane's pitch to Zenimax was, "Let's make the spiritual successor to System Shock 2". As per the article, the e-mail actually says System Shock 3, but you can't make a spiritual successor to something that doesn't exist, so I assume it's a typo.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Orcs? They are guarding a cave you should explore. ^_^
yeah imma go there as soon as i get enough perception to disarm those mines

also lol at the end of the fabulous five plotline. i knew they coudln't be trusted but i just had to follow it and see what happened lol

Braag

That was ditched. Arkane's pitch to Zenimax was, "Let's make the spiritual successor to System Shock 2". As per the article, the e-mail actually says System Shock 3, but you can't make a spiritual successor to something that doesn't exist, so I assume it's a typo.

Sounds like they started from scratch then.
Oh well, I have faith in Arkane.

Shadownet

Banned
Been sitting in my inventory forever.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Magical Drop V -- MB-3BA819487F224426 - Taken by kevin1025

Vecks

None of the achievements are working for me in Risk of Rain.
=/

edit: Apparently it's a busted update. Guess I'll wait.

At least level-ups getting fixed made a huge difference. Managed to reach stage 4 a couple times.

Kind of sad to see this happen. Bugs and mistakes are bound to appear. But this just seems like the worst time for them to release a broken patch (and a somewhat incomplete fix to the broken patch). It's a solid game and I hope people will stick with it, in spite of the terrible first impression.

zkylon

zkylewd
sad

prey 2 while nothing close to what prey 1 was still looked pretty awesome

Deitus

Almost bought Payday 2, until I realized that it's been cheaper than that multiple times. I'll wait for the next time it goes on sale, which shouldn't be long.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Pass along the generosity and give away your own extra keys some day."

...thats cute modbot >_>

edit: dat Lady Mandarin avatar Vecks :eek:

JaseC

sad

prey 2 while nothing close to what prey 1 was still looked pretty awesome

Yeah, I watched the gameplay video the other day and while rough around the edges it showed a lot of promise. An open-world alien bounty hunting FPS with Mirror's Edge-inspired movement/platforming would have been something pretty special.

kevin1025

Banned
Been sitting in my inventory forever.

Thank you! Apparently I've had this game on my wishlist for ages, so I'll absolutely be giving it a try.

I added to the cause as well with a Valkyria Chronicles purchase. November 11th is going to be a pretty busy day with that and Halo on the 'bone (and Ass Creed for others).

Goddamn this Steam Halloween sale just wrecked my wallet. Finally got Shadowgate though, pretty excited to replay this, been forever since i played the NES version

JaseC

Goddamn this Steam Halloween sale just wrecked my wallet. Finally got Shadowgate though, pretty excited to replay this, been forever since i played the NES version

Yeah, there's more stuff on sale than I was expecting. I'll probably have to sit the next week or two out, haha.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yeah, I watched the gameplay video the other day and while rough around the edges it showed a lot of promise. An open-world alien bounty hunting FPS with Mirror's Edge-inspired movement/platforming would have been something pretty special.

:'(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, there's more stuff on sale than I was expecting. I'll probably have to sit the next week or two out, haha.

youre weird J. As primarely a collector, one would think you would wait for the very best deal, afterall, its not like youre going to play the games (in general). And its not like 90% of them are in risk of leaving steam. Thats the part that still escapes me, your collecting needs ive long made my peace with

zkylon

zkylewd

yup

artstyle looked pretty inspired too

didn't know it was arkane that was making it too

that makes it all the more depressing heh

Derp

Does anyone use Shadowplay? I have a question...

Every time i used to start up my PC, GeForce Experience would start up, and Shadowplay would automatically switch on (which i liked).

But now... Experience starts up, but Shadowplay doesn't turn on. I have to manually turn Shadowplay on when i start up my PC. I'm so lost has to what's causing this. Surely it's not some new feature?

I tried the GeForce Experience forum, but no one has responded...

JaseC

youre weird J. As primarely a collector, one would think you would wait for the very best deal, afterall, its not like youre going to play the games (in general). And its not like 90% of them are in risk of leaving steam. Thats the part that still escapes me, your collecting needs ive long made my peace with

You never know!

Braag

Time to give these away.
Having multiple tabs open while doing this is a bad idea.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Braag, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-1B4EEC8E74560EAE - Taken by WeaselJCD. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-1F915AA810E24098 - Taken by sapsari. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-2BBE79F7191DB4ED - Taken by GUN-NAC. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-D5B2C49CFE419ED8
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-EC74EEF490CE7852 - Taken by ArynCrinn. 1 entrants total.

t1414745049z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom