• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it being unhelpful? At least for me it's a counterpoint to a positive review, and I find reading a positive and a negative reviews a useful way to try to make my mind about buying a game.

When I say "unhelpful" I'm pointing out all the down-votes.
It's kinda discouraging to get that after I've written like a dozen paragraphs explaining why I didn't like a game.

Oh well.

Damn, I've got like a billion music CDs from all these indie bundles. Maybe I'll listen to a few of them.

When I say "unhelpful" I'm pointing out all the down-votes.
It's kinda discouraging to get that after I've written like a dozen paragraphs explaining why I didn't like a game.

Oh well.

Damn, I've got like a billion music CDs from all these indie bundles. Maybe I'll listen to a few of them

Ahh, it's really discouraginf.

I love that the Divinity allies also avoid things like lava. Generally pretty good AI pathing. However, in combat you've got to micromanage a bit more.

There was a quest on DA:O where I had to defend a town against some zombies coming from a castle, I did make a trap with oil barrels to set it on fire when the enemies came close but for some reason the npc that were helpibf on this battle thought it was a good idea to fight inside the flames.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ugh, why isn't there a good modern Duke Nukem game

there is, its called Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, or Shadow Warrior if you prefer swords.

I know I know its not the same, but I thought to myself "I guess you CAN make good crude joke-y first person shooters these days, Duke Forever was just shit" while playing both recently

Ventara

Just checked out the new indie bundles, and there sure are a lot. I picked up the Indie Gala Every Monday Bundle. Nothing great, but I've been meaning to get Big Brain Wolf and the others don't look bad. I'll probably pick up the Humble Halloweekly Bundle for $1. The mid-tier is good, but I already have Betrayer and Five Nights at Freddy's, and I don't feel Our Darker Purpose is worth the extra $4 (or maybe it is?). And I'll definitely get the Groupees Doujin Bundle, which I hear was on preorder for $2. How long was that, because I totally missed it. And dammit, Mind Path of Thalmus is in the new Groupees Remute Rewind Your Mind Bundle for $1 when I paid $4 for the Indie Gala Depths of Fear Bundle just for it. Those 3 locked games better be worth it. *shakes fist* But Mind must've bombed hard for it to be in a $1 bundle so soon.

Oh, and I saw the release info for Valkyria Chronicles. Good price, and I'm glad they're including the DLC.

there is, its called Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, or Shadow Warrior if you prefer swords.

I know I know its not the same, but I thought to myself "I guess you CAN make good crude joke-y first person shooters these days, Duke Forever was just shit" while playing both recently

The bit of Shadow Warrior I played really was Duke Nukem in spirit, for better or worse.

Haunted

Agreed.

Hopefully the release schedule for Dreamfall Chapters isn't the same sort of mess that TWAU's was. The latter took almost a year to complete, instead of the usual six or so months. Real bummer for early adopters.
Considering Telltale is pretty much the only company to have managed to stick to an episodic release schedule so far, we can count ourselves lucky if Red Thread manages to keep pace even with their worst schedule.

Just think of most of the episodic gaming attempts outside of Telltale:

Sin - cancelled
Half Life Episodes - third one never came out
The Dream Machine - the last two episodes have taken three years already and the final one still isn't out
The Journey Down - people are already waiting over a year for the second episode
Kentucky Route Zero - might finish in 2015, might not

The only other episodic release schedule that has actually turned out to be successful I can think of is American McGee's Grimm.

Uraizen

Banned

I would like to add Bulletstorm to this list.

inm8num2

Wow, Closure is a great platformer. Awesome puzzles to go along with great visuals and music. To think I've had this game since a 2012 HB and never played it!

DocSeuss

What's the cheapest way to get keys?

Neither of these is what I want. What I want is something that has air hockey, puzzles, giant bosses, and the like. The stuff that made Duke Nukem Forever 2001's trailer look... actually awesome.

I do like these games (and Uraizen's recommendation of Bullestorm--beat it AGAIN this year). They're just not what I want at all right now.

Ventara

Oh, wow, I just noticed Murdered: Soul Suspect is on sale at 75%, and this is one of the games that's not region locked, right? Which should translate to 3 keys? If so, I guess I'll finally pick it up.

What's the cheapest way to get keys?

There are some people who sell them for $2 each, which is what I buy them for. Some sell for cheaper, but I haven't met any who would for me.

Edit:

Well, I guess I just never looked hard enough, lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh, wow, I just noticed Murdered: Soul Suspect is on sale at 75%, and this is one of the games that's not region locked, right? Which should translate to 3 keys? If so, I guess I'll finally pick it up.

It's region locked. But for the past 6 months you could easily get the game for 3 keys(sometimes even 2) on steamtrades because of the AMD rewards.

Ventara

It's region locked. But for the past 6 months you could easily get the game for 3 keys(sometimes even 2) on steamtrades because of the AMD rewards.

Really? Damn, I really should start paying better attention. The cheapest I remember it being was $11 something, and I told myself I'd get it the moment it dropped below $10.

Deitus

Speedrunners got an update. Not sure if these were posted already, but the patchnotes are fairly amusing.
  • Added two new characters, Salem and SkullDuggery. They are part of #teamFalcon
  • simplified checkpoint system by getting rid of the need for most 'helper' checkpoints.
  • potential fix for invisible players
  • hotdog
  • potential fix for huge position desync issues
  • potential fix for dodge issues
  • creepy crawlies
  • fixed some superchat issues
  • found super disturbing fanart on deviant, very NSFW and can't link to it
  • created a multiplayer issues feedback thread, use it to share your most pressing issues
  • more detailed loading texts
  • started watching The Flash, everyone thinks it's stupid except me :( convinced that writers of that show play SpeedRunners
  • Together with Gert-Jan trying to convince MatthijsV (our 3d animator) that The Strain is a good show. Making progress.
  • Discussing how to build up the world/lore more, bounced around the idea of a TV Show. Wish we could film it. Leaning towards comic books.

I disagree that the Strain is a good show though.

Considering Telltale is pretty much the only company to have managed to stick to an episodic release schedule so far, we can count ourselves lucky if Red Thread manages to keep pace even with their worst schedule.

Just think of most of the episodic gaming attempts outside of Telltale:

Sin - cancelled
Half Life Episodes - third one never came out
The Dream Machine - the last two episodes have taken three years already and the final one still isn't out
The Journey Down - people are already waiting over a year for the second episode
Kentucky Route Zero - might finish in 2015, might not

The only other episodic release schedule that has actually turned out to be successful I can think of is American McGee's Grimm.

I suppose it's a bit of an ironic hope, especially when considering that Dreamfall (not Chapters) was an episodic game that never got completed... hence Dremfall Chapters' existence to begin with.

So, yes... well aware.

MUnited83

For you.
Extremely annoying: if someone is family sharing Pinball FX2 to you, you will not be able to redeem the dlc(and thus adding the game to your account).

Need to wait until tomorrow so my friend temporarily deactivates it.

Deitus

Ugh, there's 18 pages of Halloween sales, and only viewable in list form? I mean it's great that there's so many games on sale, but there's no way any of them are going to get proper attention when you do it like this.

Hanzou

Speedrunners got an update. Not sure if these were posted already, but the patchnotes are fairly amusing.

I disagree that the Strain is a good show though.

I have tried to play this a few times over the past few weeks and have not been able to find anyone to play, is the game dead? I know it's early access but still.

So I got into the Evolve Alpha, but I got a key from Sharkiller here in SteamGAF, so I thought it'd be best to give out my key over here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hemi-PoweredDrone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-B12A7AB0A0A9123A - Taken by DJSebolski

zkylon

zkylewd
Explore the beach to the south west of the city.
yeah that's why i said perception was important, i keep getting blown up by the damned landmines on the beach lol

Fire is very effective against green stuff dripping crowd.
hmm yeah, i don't have any pyromancing peeps tho. i have a few skillpoints to use so gave mr no-fun mage a fireball or something, see what happens

i don't think the difficulty is bad or anything, i just put a lot of points on side-skills like sneaking and bartering and such which don't seem too useful

Ugh, there's 18 pages of Halloween sales, and only viewable in list form? I mean it's great that there's so many games on sale, but there's no way any of them are going to get proper attention when you do it like this.
yup

lamest sale ever

it's like valve didn't give a shit lol

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PAYDAY 2 - Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-F630CE65A7290659

Turfster

Oh damn it.
Prey 2 is finally really dead?

Also god damn at this final(?) fight in Dragonfall.
The decking to "slow down the vents"
does nothing!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's the problem for both customers and publishers. That list doesn't even start to cover stores selling legit, publisher delivered digital games. Right away I can say it's missing at least five different legit Finnish stores. Stores, that the publisher might not have even heard of, because the keys go through affiliates.

I realise it's not exhaustive and it isn't supposed to be. That's why I didn't state definitively that a store not on the list is most certainly a reseller.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh damn it.
Prey 2 is finally really dead?

Also god damn at this final(?) fight in Dragonfall.
The decking to "slow down the vents"
does nothing!
Prey 2 is alive and in development. The prior version, made by Human Head, was canned. The current version is being made by Arkane.

DocSeuss

There are some people who sell them for $2 each, which is what I buy them for. Some sell for cheaper, but I haven't met any who would for me.

Edit:

Well, I guess I just never looked hard enough, lol.

Thanks. I want to get Wolfenstein 2009 and 145 keys is the ONLY one I'm seeing. :(

iosefe

Oh man, if there is no sale at all for the Canadian market I will flip a table ;)
The black Friday/Cyber Monday hype is real. My birthday gift from mom is an American express gift card with a decent sum of money, and should arrive just in time. Gonna have a field day

Deitus

The only reasonable way I've found to navigate the sale is to look at my activity feed to see what other people have bought.

People always ignore Thanksgiving...

*edit* right....Canadian...I'll just leave

Isn't Canadian Thanksgiving in October? So I guess this is their Thanksgiving sale.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-3D8659F3C398E77D - Taken by Rhaknar. 116 entrants total.

t1414731908z1.png

Haunted

How is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? That's the one by ex-Darksiders teamsters right?
That was made by ex-Darsiders devs? I was planning to wait for a sale, but maybe I should pick it up now. I loved Darksiders, and I really enjoy mystery adventure games.
It's by ex-People Can Fly (Painkiller, Bulletstorm) people.

The game is fantastic, well worth it. If you enjoy mystery adventures games it's an absolute no-brainer. Has a solid spot on my GOTY list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom