• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the achievements already in the game? Also will I still get my old achievements that I got on GFWL?

yup, according to these notes:

Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)

In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.

Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.

Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.

The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

Shadownet

Banned
It's aight. You've got us. Once we get the Rift consumer version, we'll watch movies in the Rift Theatre!
Whats Rift Theatre? I know Rift the game but that's about it.

Speaking of Endless Legend free from IGN Prime. Managed to grab my key before they finally take away the free access I've had to it for the past good few years (Account glitch that meant they couldn't charge me or something, not complaining). Also added in the spare Sniper Elite 3 key I had from AMD.
Nice giveaway, btw. =)

Also someone should play Endless Legend with me if they win this. (After I get used to the game)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's a bingo; it's solely a DDE bonus. Just like the Benedict Arnold missions in AC3, which were also advertised as "PlayStation-exclusive".

Ugh. Is it actually worth the pain of buying the digital deluxe to play? :/

kudoboi

Speaking of Endless Legend free from IGN Prime. Managed to grab my key before they finally take away the free access I've had to it for the past good few years (Account glitch that meant they couldn't charge me or something, not complaining). Also added in the spare Sniper Elite 3 key I had from AMD.

Enjoy -

wow nice giveaway

Sendou

Yeah San Andreas getting some Xinput, achievements would be just the thing to make me move it to the top of my "to play" list.

danielcw

Time for some Bundle clean-up

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danielcw, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space -- MB-002C686B904A6C57 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.

t1413996937z1.png

If the winner wants an Origin key instead, he or she should send me a PM

wilflare

Enjoy -

nice giveaway <3
sadly they fixed the glitch on mine way before I could get on it - it was good while it lasted though

Parsnip

Every time when I come back to Steam thread and there's over 10 new pages, I always wonder if something significant happened overnight or if it's just the usual.

Usually it's just the usual.

Downloading Dreamfall Chapters, wee woo.

Jawmuncher

Every time when I come back to Steam thread and there's over 10 new pages, I always wonder if something significant happened overnight or if it's just the usual.

Usually it's just the usual.

Downloading Dreamfall Chapters, wee woo.

Have we ever had numerous pages over significant news? Last I recall was MGSV.

Xpost from the OT

Bumping this for great justice. This game is the real deal guys. Whether it's playing locally or online this is some of the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer FPS in years. Tons of new and unique modes and weapons with more on the way. I cannot recommend this game enough.

Would anybody be interested in helping me organize a GAF tournament?

Shadownet

Banned
Endless Legend look pretty nice visually. Still a bit sluggish but understandable since it's still a new game. Surprisingly the download was only 1.8GB.

What kind of sorcery is this.

Alavard

Endless Legend look pretty nice visually. Still a bit sluggish but understandable since it's still a new game. Surprisingly the download was only 1.8GB.

What kind of sorcery is this.

Well, that's about the size of the pre-load download for Civ: Beyond Earth, although I admit that Beyond Earth surprised me with the small download size too.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have one that is hardcore about it but no one else i know plays it on the PC all my RL buddies are console gusy

I wouldn't recommand playing it with somebody who is "hardcore about it" if you don't feel the same. Cause the most fun you'll ever get in BF4 is just messing around with buddies. And it can be extremly fun. I would never ever play it alone though.

Also some dumb "masterrace" comment about your other friends because I guess that is a rule.

Shadow of Mordor is a pretty good mindless game, I mostly played it while listening to music or podcasts. It has zero challenge, but it's fun to run around and kill orcs. I spent like 5 hours building up an army of cool orcs to dominate and kill all guys that I deemed "uncool" so....that's something.

danielcw

and the next one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danielcw, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-95436387CD4A5A01 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.

t1414000116z1.png

Origin key also available

UncleO

Definitely not BF4 premium, its popularity would surely take a dip after BF:Hardline comes out, and even more so for the DLC maps.

Is that the general thinking around the BF community. I was wondering the same thing.

I wouldn't recommand playing it with somebody who is "hardcore about it" if you don't feel the same. Cause the most fun you'll ever get in BF4 is just messing around with buddies. And it can be extremly fun. I would never ever play it alone though.

Also some dumb "masterrace" comment about your other friends because I guess that is a rule.

Shadow of Mordor is a pretty good mindless game, I mostly played it while listening to music or podcasts. It has zero challenge, but it's fun to run around and kill orcs. I spent like 5 hours building up an army of cool orcs to dominate and kill all guys that I deemed "uncool" so....that's something.

Im intrigued by Mordor as it looks like it is just mindless killing but there are some decent mechanics at play

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
after having taken only 2 hours to get to Anor Londo, I spent like 3-4 hours trying to kill Smough and Ornstein in ng+ yesterday night because there wasn't anyone available to summon for help and because that fight is cheap as fuck solo.

Find out this morning that I could've summon Soliare to make it much easier.

This is why i need to read the wiki more.

I did O&S completely solo, and let me tell you that was one hell of a tough fight. Took out the skinny charger first and left the big guy for last, it took a good ten minutes of hide and seek behind pillars to whittle him down with a lightning spear. But man what a feeling when I did it!!!!

Amzin

Im intrigued by Mordor as it looks like it is just mindless killing but there are some decent mechanics at play

For me, it basically took all the best parts of AssCreed, Batman, and Tomb Raider and slapped a LotR skin on top. It's just goddamn fun to play if you like any of those games.

I did O&S completely solo, and let me tell you that was one hell of a tough fight. Took out the skinny charger first and left the big guy for last, it took a good ten minutes of hide and seek behind pillars to whittle him down with a lightning spear. But man what a feeling when I did it!!!!

Yup, that's basically what i had to do, because if Lightning Smough ever hit me with his running hammer charge i was pretty much fucked. I used a broken pillar to keep my distance, rolled when he swung his hammer and then would given him a gentle tap or two and immediately get away.

I tried taking out fat boy first, but often i would either get sandwiched between him and his friend or (this happened about 5 times) i would kill him, and as he was fading from existence his buddy would kill me. So the game would taunt me with the cutscene of Giant Ornstein, followed by me finishing my death animation : /

Xpost from the OT

Bumping this for great justice. This game is the real deal guys. Whether it's playing locally or online this is some of the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer FPS in years. Tons of new and unique modes and weapons with more on the way. I cannot recommend this game enough.

Would anybody be interested in helping me organize a GAF tournament?

I don't know if this is my type of game but wishlisted anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom