• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This seems like a recent change (I just noticed it after I got home)

OGt1cxF.png

Previously it said "jshackles's Account" now it just says "jshackles"

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I only ever played the second Dark Souls and I was addicted like it was crack.

I plan to pick up the original during next sale. I feel cheap waiting for sales, so I never try to capitalize on price errors ... odd logic but works for me ;P

Maniac

Banned
GFWL put off a lot of people I'd wager. It's gonna be fun next month to coop with new players.

Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara
Double Dragon Neon

These two should be fun coop

Cheers. Although, I don't mind whether it's single player, coop or whatever, as long as it's something she might like, really. Thought about Portal quite a bit. Damned hard picking out games once you go above a few hundred though... Too many to remember -_-'

AsfaeksBR

Opened Steam and got the "You got 1 new item on your inventory" message.
I thought it would be another coupon, but it turned out to be this:

3qFcOUy.jpg

Why? What happened?

Maniac

Banned
Decided I'll wait until the new year. I'm in no rush. My rig is a decade old.
Might be a wise choice, hopefully we'll have heard more about 9xx cards with more VRAM. I NEED MOAR.

Edit: Bloody hell, I wish CS:GO Lounge would get themselves more bots. Or better yet, trade-offer bots. Ofcourse that would mean they couldn't ask for "donations" for premium bot services. :[

Listen to this, and I promise you'll be happy. Lol
If I was high, I'd likely be losing my shit over how fucking amazing that video is. But I'm not, so... Hah. Oddly good vid. :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone think there will be any surprise Halloween releases this year like last year (which had a few, including Typing of the Dead Overkill, the two Alone in the Dark games, Saw the Game returning to Steam, etc.).

Placing my bets that Corpse Party may be released around Halloween sale time. XSEED said that Corpse Party PC was coming later this year, but been silent on it since E3. It could be November/December, but I am calling it that it'll release around Halloween time.

I don't think it'll release on Halloween since it'd break the tradition of them releasing a bit too late in November.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Split/Second locked? I always wanted to try / play it, and I kinda wanted to squeeze in a racer into my extra life list

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My pc is pretty old man. Only the video card is somewhat new.

I just never played it because I thought it was crazy hard and did not sound fun. Admittedly I knew nothing about it so was not fit to judge. I only played DS2 because it was a gift.

Now I know! I JUST finished my goal on DS2 so can finally move on (all achieves).

10 yr old PC is a better reason though ;P

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Our lord hath awaken! Bow before his majesty!

Oh and hi again. Good morning :)

... Jase, you must have some ideas for my mates GF, some casual-y games? Surely you must have one you can remember out of your whole library? :p

Assassin's Creed? :p

Our lord hath awaken! Bow before his majesty!

Oh and hi again. Good morning :)

... Jase, you must have some ideas for my mates GF, some casual-y games? Surely you must have one you can remember out of your whole library? :p

Yes, every AC game, and Styx. The rest are +1's

Beaten so hard.

Maniac

Banned
Assassin's Creed? :p
I hoped you'd say that! Glad you didn't disappoint.

God damnit, I need someone from SteamGAF that actually plays their games. We have atleast 4 such people! I personally don't really count though, I just play Dota 2* and CS:GO.

*I've spent enough money on Dota 2 for hundreds of +1s. I'm disgusting. Past-me disgusts current-me.
Yes, every AC game, and Styx. The rest are +1's

Beaten so hard.
Yes. And yes. :p

MattyG

Banned
I've gotta get DS2 when it goes on sale next. I'm actually kind of more excited about the 3rd DLC than the core game. I played about the first half of Dark Souls 1 on PS3 two times, never finished though. Should I go back and play through the entirety of the first before I play 2? Or just skip to 2?

I know this has been asked and covered before, but I'm going to ask again.

I have 3 drives:

C: [120gb SSD]
D: [3tb SATA]
E: [80gb SATA]

Steam currently lives in the D: drive... but I've notice it hanging at points which I never used to and I'm getting weird slowdowns while playing Payday 2. So I'm thinking of moving the Steam install to C: and setting up a secondary Steam Library.

How do I move Steam and Payday 2 to my C: drive while leaving the main Steam library on my D: drive?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
they should be good keys:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

To The Moon -- MB-C24E692F3CD187DB - Taken by Shadownet
Deponia -- MB-D247E16EBF34B84F - Taken by nja
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-8C257D7029201C0C - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Asteria -- MB-A43A39D2C967B472 - Taken by WinterDemons
White Noise : -- MB-D6E538D9F1A85847 - Taken by KainXVIII
Into the Dark (used?) : -- MB-358ADCB6278E0D32
Maker's Eden -- MB-44921317333782F5 - Taken by sensoft04
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-B433F77B4376750A - Taken by iosefe
Solar Flux -- MB-2B3F50C223B0D0D6 - Taken by Kuroyume
ORBITAL GEAR : -- MB-F228CF6A84AFC55F - Taken by rainking187
Cargo Commander -- MB-DE411440F25CB511 - Taken by gaiadyne
Nightmares from the Deep The Siren`s Call -- MB-434D0C8F382D5A42 - Taken by alr1ght
Haegemonia Legions of Iron -- MB-4E12F6BDCDB16AAA - Taken by bluechox2
Home Sheep Home -- MB-C3603A8A697DA38C - Taken by Catshade
Battlepaths -- MB-54E0459E86205D06 - Taken by autoduelist
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-C1B8772F1C45AB0F - Taken by darkchewie
SPACE FARMERS -- MB-4D9BF1C8CE884603 - Taken by redlacs
Major Mayhem -- MB-C889B17CA88E73CE - Taken by F-Pina. 1 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-C133813624FC0186 - Taken by Scipius
Haegemonia The Solon Heritage -- MB-A5DA1F70A5720879 - Taken by nightstorm
Explodemon -- MB-FC53C856527616EC - Taken by Htown
Power Up -- MB-A5BFE9CFAF25F934 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-DC211B2FA54901EE - Taken by hepburn3d
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-CCE45BC330F97120 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.

:)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently somebody tried to reset my Steam password last night. To that person I say:

tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

how much does it go for more or less pls? ill even throw in a treat

qHntdKh.gif

You should be able to find someone selling it for 5.5 keys.

Maniac

Banned
Apparently somebody tried to reset my Steam password last night. To that person I say:

tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

You should be able to find someone selling it for 5.5 keys.
I... I can't figure out what she's saying... First I thought "Fuuuuck", then... "Quuuaaaack", then... Craaaaack, then thwaaaack, blaaack, haaaacks, naaaaabs... I just don't know, man. I'm no good at this lip reading thang.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

wait...what? how many people did you give your virginity account to?

and thanks on the key info as usual, you are the best australian I know

you are the only australian I know

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
How many versions of GTA:Vice City exist on steam? That is, when Rockstar pulled the game due to licensing issues, did they make a new sub or did they just update the preexisting one?

nja

Neo Member
Some spares, not much and i hope someone will enjoy thease games
ModBot said:
Instructions for nja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 (GOG) -- MB-D2673FC4B11C80FB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher Extended Edition (GOG) -- MB-C32B053074833BAA - Taken by The Reloader

Maniac

Banned
what have i done?

You've committed yourself to greatness, my dear.

- - It's my game nr. 500, so I think I have to play it and probably 100% it. Gods be damned. Also one game away from 555 games now, that's... 20-30 games in two or three days, damn you guys. Damn you all.

edit: Bollocks, forgot I just won Bad Hotel from Kurt's raffle. Bad Hotel is my game nr. 555... That's not one of the "play it or DIE" numbers, is it? :p

iosefe

You've committed yourself to greatness, my dear.

- - It's my game nr. 500, so I think I have to play it and probably 100% it. Gods be damned. Also one game away from 555 games now, that's... 20-30 games in two or three days, damn you guys. Damn you all.

Bollocks, forgot I just won Bad Hotel from Kurt's raffle. Bad Hotel is my game nr. 555... That's not one of the "play it or DIE" numbers, is it? :p

i'm gonna wait till game 200 to activate it then

RedSwirl

Does ARMA3 have a full campaign now?

Yes. Whether or not it's good is... really subjective. I love the shit out of parts of it. Spent 78 hours on the game without touching multiplayer. Mods will probably eventually suck up at least that much of my time. It's buggy as shit, but it's made up of a lot of really good ideas. It's not at all like other military shooters though.

For starters it's split into three "acts," each one a different kind of game sort of, the second act being the best. The first one is the most like COD, except the orders and mission objectives NPCs give you are a lot more loose and dynamic. The second act puts you in command of a squad and has some really awesome open-ended missions, especially the side missions. In the third act you're still in a squad but things are a bit more limited, and you're surrounded by a ton of NPCs not under your command who are totally capable of getting shit down without you.

The main complaint people have with the campaign is that ArmA III has one of the most impressive open worlds ever made for a video game (that isn't procedurally generated), but the campaign really underutilized it. It's what? Twice the size of GTA V? And you can enter 100% of the buildings. The campaign just doesn't use all that much of the open world (like, almost none of the eastern half of it). Mods might fill that in though.

People will tell you mods are probably the best singleplayer content of ArmA III. Some of the most interesting ones are "mini campaigns" where they just sit you in the middle of the world with broad objectives and let you do them your own way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man Grid 2 looks next-gen as fuck DSR'd up while still locked at 60 fps with 8xMSAA and all settings Ultra. I'm thirsty as fuck for Autosport now.

Maniac

Banned
cool, $75 to go until Shadow of Mordor, and its not even saturday yet. Beyond Earth is already "unlocked" to be raffled

Im going to have to start thinking about something for $300 arent I?
Makes you realise that people can be pretty awesome, huh?

And here I was, losing hope in humanity. Hope you manage some ridiculous number before it's even saturday! ;)

Edit: It's now 5 AM here, and I'm finally feeling a tiny bit tired. Did manage to clear out most of my old desk that I'm getting rid of, though. So yay productivity! Have a good time everyone, I'll see you anywhere in 4-10 hours :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom