• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if the Gunpoint daily deal was timed with John Wick on purpose, but it sure worked on me. I came home from the movie, saw the game, watched the trailer, and was sold. I'm hoping the Gunpoint trailer music is representative of the ingame music, because I liked it and got the soundtrack edition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, the freezer trick didn't work for my busted 3TB HDD. I even tried this to no avail.

I... I can't figure out what she's saying... First I thought "Fuuuuck", then... "Quuuaaaack", then... Craaaaack, then thwaaaack, blaaack, haaaacks, naaaaabs... I just don't know, man. I'm no good at this lip reading thang.

It's just "Hahaha!"

How many versions of GTA:Vice City exist on steam? That is, when Rockstar pulled the game due to licensing issues, did they make a new sub or did they just update the preexisting one?

R* made new subs for Vice City. There's an infinitesimal chance that this could happen with San Andreas as R* could make new depots out of the existing ones it's been modifying for the beta branch.

Shadownet

Banned
So it seem if you buy Gunpoint right now you get a TF2 Hat.. but what if you bought it from before? the early adopter. You wont get the hat?

JaseC

So it seem if you buy Gunpoint right now you get a TF2 Hat.. but what if you bought it from before? the early adopter. You wont get the hat?

Hats are tied to subs and the game has had the same ones since it launched. That's why, for example, people who pre-ordered Wolf14 outside of Steam received the TF2 items (Bethesda didn't make retails-specific subs, so keys were tied to the same sub used on Steam itself).

Dang it, I went +70 to my Steam library this week.

it only gets worse. prepare to buy more until you either become one of two people; JaseC, just buy anything cause its cheap even if you have no intentions of ever playing it(most people fall into this category) or you realize you'll never play all these god damn games so you only start buying games you know you will absolutely play, asap while you try to clear as many of the games you've already bought.

Shadownet

Banned
I got a hat and I never bought it ages ago.
It was gifted.

Hats are tied to subs and the game has had the same ones since it launched. That's why, for example, people who pre-ordered Wolf14 outside of Steam received the TF2 items (Bethesda didn't make retails-specific subs, so keys were tied to the same sub used on Steam itself).

Ah sweet its in my inventory. Guess I didn't notice it before.

Jawmuncher

bet its a fedora. its a fedora isnt it? you jackass

edit: oh you mean from Gunpoint, nvm

Only time I ever bought a fedora
391030_2590496887541_376870768_n.jpg

Im not giving any details.

what have i done?

Now you need the dress up DLC. :D

The horror..

All I can think about is Heart of Darkness from that line.

We are proud of you!

The bundlesssssssss

it only gets worse. prepare to buy more until you either become one of two people; JaseC, just buy anything cause its cheap even if you have no intentions of ever playing it(most people fall into this category) or you realize you'll never play all these god damn games so you only start buying games you know you will absolutely play, asap while you try to clear as many of the games you've already bought.

I hope to play them all, but no time. :( Backlog is only going to grow.

West LA has got to have the worst traffic ever..I drive standard. Grr.

I got stuck in traffic for about an hour today. I blame Dalai Lama.

MattyG

Banned
So what's going on with San Andreas? I heard the Database got an update and that was possibly the rerelease thing, but they only announced it for 360. Might we get it later or was it just a coincidence?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So what's going on with San Andreas? I heard the Database got an update and that was possibly the rerelease thing, but they only announced it for 360. Might we get it later or was it just a coincidence?

I think they only off handly announced the 360 version because they got found out and saving the rest of the platforms for the official announcement.

JaseC

The PC update isn't just for the removal of music. Native widescreen and controller support is in there, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only time I ever bought a fedora
391030_2590496887541_376870768_n.jpg

Im not giving any details.

...even tho you fought for your country, im not sure I can let this picture slide.

I will try, believe me, I will try. But I dont think it can be done I'm afraid

inm8num2

Spent some time with Dark Scavenger tonight. Pretty well done "casual RPG" with a strange but charming sense of humor. You collect loot and craft it into different weapons, items, or allies of your choosing to use in battle. Some nice choice/consequence elements, to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spent some time with Dark Scavenger tonight. Pretty well done "casual RPG" with a strange but charming sense of humor. You collect loot and craft it into different weapons, items, or allies of your choosing to use in battle. Some nice choice/consequence elements, to.

you could mention that you dont actually "play" the game btw, its basically a choose your own adventure book. And i mean that in the nicest way possible, I was quite surprised with Dark Scavanger, but for someone that doesnt know it, you made it sound like you have a character that you control and shit like any other rpg :)

JaseC

So everybody is going to be getting the music removed? That sucks if so, especially if it's a lot of the music.

Looks that way, but as I said before, there's a small chance that R* will make new depots out of the existing ones that it's been modifying throughout testing.

Turfster

On Steam? Yes.
In this thread? Shoot..I didn't know.

On Steam, I meant.
There were some serious problems and nobody could post for like the last day or so.

Also, I'm kinda glad I didn't try to play that one.
Also also, man, you put 8 hours into ride to hell? You must have really been on a ride... through hell.

JaseC

Today wasn't a total disappoint, after all:

sli34fn5.jpg

I've no idea why the slot started working again, but I'm glad it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom