• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so i'm trying to use modbot but it's not working for some reason even though I tried the exact steps laid out in the tutorial twice

is there some kind of restriction on new users using it? am I just not waiting long enough(it's been 23 minutes since my first attempt,the tutorial thread says 1-2 though)? does putting regular keys and humble links in the same pm create a problem? not really sure what i'm doing wrong here

ModBot is currently down.

Any word on how DR3 runs so far? Curious to know if it's a performance hog for no reason.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887375 (it's essentially become the game's OT)

Could somebody else that ordered the AMD Never Settle codes off Newegg check their order status? Both of mine say shipped like they are actually sending something to my house, would be crazy if they also sent a code via mail lol.

kudoboi

wha- you guys are already playing DR3 ;_;
Never thought it would be possible to unlock it this early. Still downloading here for another few hours lol

Enjoy and post your impressions!

E: Ryse 19€... nah, will wait for sale.

it was released in asia a day early for some reason

JaseC

So how do I use this VPN? :3 I think I only used it once to unlock a redeem a copy of Valiant Hearts that I have.

- Exit Steam
- Download FlyVPN and connect to a server in Asia
- Restart Steam
- Initiate the DR3 download
- Kill the VPN
- Wait for the download to complete
- Exit Steam, connect to the VPN again (by this point the password will have changed, so just refresh the above page) and restart Steam
- Switch to Offline Mode* and play

* If you kill the VPN while Steam is connected, "Play" will eventually revert back to "Pre-load", and if you're in-game at the time, while you won't be booted out, your in-game status will cease and this will in turn disable Steamworks features. You could of course just leave the VPN connected, however FlyVPN has 20-minute session limits.

Shadownet

Banned
Could somebody else that ordered the AMD Never Settle codes off Newegg check their order status? Both of mine say shipped like they are actually sending something to my house, would be crazy if they also sent a code via mail lol.

They don't ship anything to your house lol. Some codes like Alien codes won't be available till near October. Though I had to wait 2 days for my Saints Row IV codes since they ran out. They sent me a couple email today with those codes.

Instruction

After doing this. Do I have to stay offline to play? or is going back online is fine.

JaseC

After doing this. Do I have to stay offline to play? or is going back online is fine.

See my edit.

Edit: It seems TunnelBear has servers in Japan these days. The service has no session limits however free account are limited to 500MB per day, so just make sure you're not downloading anything while it's connected and you'll be able to remain online just fine.

wilflare

- Exit Steam
- Download FlyVPN and connect to a server in Asia
- Restart Steam
- Initiate the DR3 download
- Kill the VPN
- Wait for the download to complete
- Exit Steam, connect to the VPN again (by this point the password will have changed, so just refresh the above page) and restart Steam
- Switch to Offline Mode* and play

* If you kill the VPN while Steam is connected, "Play" will eventually revert back to "Pre-load", and if you're in-game at the time, while you won't be booted out, your in-game status will cease and this will in turn disable Steamworks features. You could of course just leave the VPN connected, however FlyVPN has 20-minute session limits.

is FlyVPN good to use with Japanese PSO2?

You don't even need it for PC PSO2. There's a proxy built into PSO2 tweaker (the tool you should be using to patch and keep the game and it's translations updated) that lets you play from the US with no issues. And you never needed a VPN to begin with. We only need a proxy now due to network shit being broken by Sega.

JaseC

For online gaming? I doubt it. TunnelBear would probably offer better performance but, again, free accounts are limited to 500MB per day and that wouldn't stretch very far.

Speaking of getting locked out of the market, I renewed my FF14 sub with Steam wallet money that I added at the time of transaction. I did the same thing 3 months ago when I did it the first time. Same card. But for some reason I got locked out of the market this time.

It isn't a new payment method, Valve.

wilflare

You don't even need it for PC PSO2. There's a proxy built into PSO2 tweaker (the tool you should be using to patch and keep the game and it's translations updated) that lets you play from the US with no issues. And you never needed a VPN to begin with. We only need a proxy now due to network shit being broken by Sega.

oh so that's why my brother can't play... thanks for the update.
will ask him to check the PSO2 thread as well
(same bro who wants LoS2)

Deques

Why can't you all wait a day or two days more to play a game if it the VPN unlocking doesn't really unlock. And if it really locks your from the market, is it really worth it just to play a game earlier?

JaseC

Why can't you all wait a day or two days more to play a game if it the VPN unlocking doesn't really unlock. And if it really locks your from the market, is it really worth it just to play a game earlier?

Unlocking a game via VPN isn't much of a hassle, and using one won't impose any sort of cooldown. It's a small hoop to jump through if you're excited to play something.

I have tomorrow off and the wife is out of town until Friday. I might as well get some time in with the game while I can do so uninterrupted. I'll be able to play all day while my sons are at school and then after they go bed that night. That being said, I really like it so far but I have only spent about 30-45 minutes with it.

Shadownet

Banned
Sniperino Elite 3 is surprisingly decent.

Yeah its pretty decent. But the camera is a bit weird though. Maybe it's just me. But it kinda feels off.
---
Anyway I don't know if this have been posted but Volition just released Saints Row IV SDK. Now I'm not sure what SDK is but apparently it mean that Saints Row IV is fully modable. You can mod and create new weapons now! Even bring back stuff from Saints Row the 3rd!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anybody want to play Lethal League around 9pm CEST tonight?

Is Fist Puncher any fun as a single player only experience?
I like it. For a $1, you really can't go wrong with an old-school beat-em-up.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201935809

I'm a bit biased because he's my friend, of course, but still, it's a game mainly inspired by Treasure and stuff, which as you can tell i love. You can buy the game DRM-Free from their site, and they have a free version too. Its a neat little game.
I did my part and voted. I'm not so sure about the artstyle, but I'll take originality over the generic shit that usually gets greenlighted.

xBladeM6x

What's all this talk about playing games? Blasphemy dammit!

No_fun_allowed.jpg

def sim

Dead Rising 3 disappeared from my install list for whatever reason. It came back once I tried downloading it again. Weird.

Shadownet

Banned
Any dream that involves waifus and pigeons is a good dream in my book.

It wasn't a dream about waifu. I can't really remember the dream. But I remember sitting in front of my PC playing something. Then someone message me on Steam saying. Nice tag bro.

I check GAF and behold I have earned a tag. I remember being in shock and then I woke up. I was like.. Dammit, I didn't even get to see what the tag in my dream was. Lol

JaseC

Cheapest I found is 10 keys, but the others are selling it for 13 keys

Yeah, it's $20 in the Ukraine but 899 RUB (~$24.40, a little less from he-who-shall-not-be-named) in Russia.

It wasn't a dream about waifu. I can't really remember the dream. But I remember sitting in front of my PC playing something. Then someone message me on Steam saying. Nice tag bro.

I check GAF and behold I have earned a tag. I remember being in shock and then I woke up. I was like.. Dammit, I didn't even get to see what the tag in my dream was. Lol

I've dreamt about GAF quite a few times, which I suppose isn't all that surprising. One time I was even a mod!

Shadownet
Wake up, this is a dream.
(Today, 02:53 AM)

Shadownet
Hugaholic

Tumblr_mf1z29ipDF1rh2v2oo1_400.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, it's $20 in the Ukraine but 899 RUB (~$24.40, a little less from he-who-shall-not-be-named) in Russia.

I've dreamt about GAF quite a few times, which I suppose isn't all that surprising. One time I was even a mod!

I'm counting the hours to see how long it take to see JaseC owning Rude on my newsfeed. Lol

Also, you might as well apply for Mod position. You help SteamGAF out so much as it is.

Shadownet
Wake up, this is a dream.

#LoveIt. Lol

Ehh I'm not to worry about when its coming. Hopefully it won't be something bad.. Like Milamber. XD

Also Ningen<3 I like Huggaholic lol

JaseC

You don't like interactive tags? His and blame space's tags are my favorites.

He's referring to the tag implying that Milamber is a creep. It's all in good fun, of course, but if you weren't familiar with the context then you might assume the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom