• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has both XInput and DirectInput support. I've been using my DS4 and it's been great.

Nice, that's like 90% of my beef with some of the local co-op games on the PC these days. When you have four players waiting you gotta have some fast and easy way to set up all the controllers from game to game.

FloatOn

with Outland coming "soon" are there any other xbla/psn games we can hope and dream for?

Personally I'd rebuy the following on PC in a hot minute:

Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Shadow Complex
Puzzle Fighter HD
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
Garou
N+
Snoopy Flying Ace

I know most of these fall into the "not a chance in hell" category but still... stranger things have happened these days.

liezryou

I mean, all of those keys originally came from one place. So even in your scenario 2, Valve already made almost $20 on those 8 keys when they were initially purchased. I think it'd be pretty dumb of them to kill off the key-trading economy honestly since there is so much residual profit potential they would be giving up if they did.

Except you forgot the current dota 2 scenario. Hundreds of thousands of keys still around that were bought at 2.49 from the store that will eventually expire next year.

They killed it, and they already reaped the profits from those keys.

Ozium

with Outland coming "soon" are there any other xbla/psn games we can hope and dream for?

Shadow Complex
Puzzle Fighter HD
Garou
N+
Snoopy Flying Ace

I know most of these fall into the "not a chance in hell" category but still... stranger things have happened these days.

in for Castlevania HoD and would add TimeSplitters Future Perfect

MUnited83

For you.
Why? Maybe they'll do the same thing for those two games? Don't really play both anymore, so I don't know how different the systems are though.

They removed them from Dota 2 so they could have the game in China(a huge market for Mobas). I don't think CS:GO or TF2 will get sucessful in China anytime soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Except you forgot the current dota 2 scenario. Hundreds of thousands of keys still around that were bought at 2.49 from the store that will eventually expire next year.

They killed it, and they already reaped the profits from those keys.

True, but "killing the grey-market Steam economy" probably didn't factor into that decision at all, since TF2 and CS:GO keys are still available for that purpose. I guess they could do away with TF2 keys as long as CS:GO keys are still a thing, but I doubt very much they would actually get rid of their key economy completely.

Ozium

GMG updated their deals!

Laxius Force 75% off XD

Bill-Bellichek-Stare.gif

Who here knows about Project EGG? It's an online distribution service for old Japanese PC games, much like how GOG sells old DOS games.

Some reference information if you're finding this post through search:
•EGG uses a launcher to play games you own in your Amusement Center library. So yes, EGG uses basic DRM, the launcher can only run in Win 2000/XP right now (any ActiveX-compatible environment). You also need to pay a subscription fee before buying games at relatively fair prices (nearly everything's down to 500 yen + tax, about $5 USD). Any game you buy and play at least once through the library is yours to keep and never lose, and you keep your most recent version of the launcher with that. The launcher will only update if you're subscribed, though updates are rare enough.
•The terms and conditions of registration note that all transactions are processed in Japanese territory. Foreigners can and should buy games through the services to support what remains of the old Japanese PC devs and pubs; you can use PayPal or international credit cards.
•Few games are translated for English speakers (everything Bothtec and Compile has released on the site), but there are plenty of action, puzzle, and strategy/sim games that only need a basic level of Japanese at best.
•I theorize the subscription fee's in place to guarantee a basic revenue stream for lesser-known EGG affiliate rights-holders (more people will buy Square's back-catalog than that of Xtalsoft).

Putting this here because I think there's audience...never seem to get a response in the GOG threads

True, but "killing the grey-market Steam economy" probably didn't factor into that decision at all, since TF2 and CS:GO keys are still available for that purpose. I guess they could do away with TF2 keys as long as CS:GO keys are still a thing, but I doubt very much they would actually get rid of their key economy completely.

You think? Get rid of the keys in the free-to-play game, and only keep grey market keys in a game you have to pay ... for ...?

I was about to say that's asinine but that's actually brilliant.

Turfster said:
Wow, the cards for The Few have typos in the plane makers' names.
Junkres? Really?

Dude, it's an error card! It's worth more!

wagamer

Well I guess I'm done with trying to get Steam working on my WinXP machine since none of the countless tricks have helped (but thanks to some of you here who tried to help). The only thing left at this point is reinstalling OS and I'm not going to go through with that any time soon. Time to dive into my GOG collection, Desperados
(no pun)
here I come!

Anustart

Witcher 3 is still region free on steam right? Wondering because I feel the urge to buy it today from a trader. Shadownet is sleeping on the job or something! Mrgrgr.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Witcher 3 is still region free on steam right? Wondering because I feel the urge to buy it today from a trader. Shadownet is sleeping on the job or something! Mrgrgr.

Yes. Despite CDPR playing around with ACRTAG it's never actually been region-locked.

Jawmuncher

2 monitors, one running the game, the other with the Twitch chat window opened

That's one hell of a setup.
I don't got the room for that if I ever decide to do that.
You can't have like an ipad or something on and just disable the video?

I'm watching Parfaits as I wait for that to start.

Cheddahz

Banned
Currently downloading OBS and Hatoful Boyfriend on my laptop right now at school, I'll be ready whenever I get home

EDIT: Would you all prefer commentary or no commentary?

That's one hell of a setup.
I don't got the room for that if I ever decide to do that.
You can't have like an ipad or something on and just disable the video?

I'm watching Parfaits as I wait for that to start.

You can do that too, the Twitch iOS app is just a pain in the balls. I actually use my wiiu pad haha

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Shadow Complex
Puzzle Fighter HD
Garou
N+
Snoopy Flying Ace

Scott Pilgrim is my most wanted PSN game. I haven't bought it yet, so I'd jump on a Steam version day one.

Arthea

I never in my life would have thought that the teased action game would turn out to be Way of the Samurai 4, never! Nice surprise, to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom