• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here playing Dead Rising 3 and unlocked the framerate?
ibbCwizXWJwwFY.PNG

What am I doing wrong? Still locked in-game for me.

Edit: Duh, needed to save it within the file, not in the folder.

jediyoshi

Oh good, got VPN to unlock DR3. Turns out Steam doesn't like you logged in to another computer on the same account while doing the trick.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally finished Bioshock Infinite! YES! Finally! I'm done!
This game took too long.

There's still the matter of the DLC. ;)

All the difficulties above normal are bad ideas, makes the already hard as hell levels even longer.

Ghost mom sucks.

Yeah, I played on hard and at first the combat encounters were fine, but then regular enemies became tougher to kill for the sake of increase difficulty, which is the oldest trick in the book and also incredibly annoying. There was zero point in me maxing out the shield as at best, if I was lucky, taking a single hit wouldn't quite deplete it.

KainXVIII

Anyone here playing Dead Rising 3 and unlocked the framerate?
ibbCwizXWJwwFY.PNG

What am I doing wrong? Still locked in-game for me.

Edit: Duh, needed to save it within the file, not in the folder.

Hmm, new bink dll library? I wonder if its new version for nextgen consoles with improved quality.

Shadownet

Banned
did you play the DLCs too?

All the difficulties above normal are bad ideas, makes the already hard as hell levels even longer.

Ghost mom sucks.

There's still the matter of the DLC. ;)

I think I'm going to wait on the DLCs. I'm so burnt out I can't even think of Bioshock right now. lol god.. i don't wanna do 1999 mode either, but the cheevo idiot in me want to.

Knurek

I finally finished Bioshock Infinite! YES! Finally! I'm done!
This game took too long.

How did you like the Asylum section? Genuinely scary for me, everytime the Screamboys noticed me I'd contemplate deleting the game.
Also, try Burial at the Sea next.
(Genuinely better gameplay than the real game)

JaseC

How did you like the Asylum section? Genuinely scary for me, everytime the Screamboys noticed me I'd contemplate deleting the game.

The jump scare at the end of the level is hilarious, and I say this as someone who hates jump scares because they're frustratingly effective (in most cases).

Ghost mom sucks.

Really? I think my 1999 playthrough was probably my favorite. I don't know what it was exactly, but it was just so much fun.

Lady Comstock goes down in seconds with Charge / Burning Halo / Brittle-Skinned, no matter what difficulty.

Salsa

uh, wasnt there supposed to be an in-game option to unlock the framerate in DR3?

also didnt know it unlocked earlier someplace, mhmhmhm

Yeah, I played on hard and at first the combat encounters were fine, but then regular enemies became tougher to kill for the sake of increase difficulty, which is the oldest trick in the book and also incredibly annoying. There was zero point in me maxing out the shield as at best, if I was lucky, taking a single hit wouldn't quite deplete it.
Handyman on hard is insane, a gigantic bullet sponge that can take you out in a few hits. I even get spawn killed by him several times.

The weapon wheels are introduced in the DLCs, too bad Irrational didn't patch it into the main game, would have fix half the the gameplay issues.

Shadownet

Banned

I liked that section quite a bit too. The airships section wasn't too fun though. It just take too long.

Really? I think my 1999 playthrough was probably my favorite. I don't know what it was exactly, but it was just so much fun.

Lady Comstock goes down in seconds with Charge / Burning Halo / Brittle-Skinned, no matter what difficulty.

^ this is pretty much the strategy I used. She's pretty easy.

I've been playing around with Infinite using my DK2 and Vorpx. It's pretty fun, but I think I'd have quite a hard time playing on 1999 mode with it.Which is a shame because I think I'm ready to go back to Columbia again for another round.

Cody_D165

Banned
So I just bought Lethal League. This game is insane. :O Feels great to play with a Gamecube controller through Mayflash adapter.

I liked that section quite a bit too. The airships section wasn't too fun though. It just take too long.

^ this is pretty much the strategy I used. She's pretty easy.

As soon as I discovered that combo, I pretty much went through the rest of the game just Charging everybody.

And I do hope you reconsider 1999. As long as you pay attention to your gear, and use it to strategize, difficult situations become super easy. Like I said, for some reason, I enjoyed it more than my playthroughs on any of the other difficulties.

The BioShock games are easily my Absolute Favorites™, I tend to nerd out whenever they come up, and I hate to see people miss awesome parts of the experience.

Can't believe I've been on this site for a year and 4 months, I just checked how long I've been a member because I figured my year anniversary was coming up and I'm 4 months late, crazy how time flies! Real talk, this is probably the best online community I've been a part of.

Thezez

Banned
I'm trying to giveaway a copy of Hatoful Boyfriend but I think I killed Modbot... or Modbot wants some pigeon action themselves..

iosefe

Can't believe I've been on this site for a year and 4 months, I just checked how long I've been a member because I figured my year anniversary was coming up and I'm 4 months late, crazy how time flies! Real talk, this is probably the best online community I've been a part of.

mine is in 10 days!

guys. i've been missing out on Payday 2 for too long

OK, I'm currently using a vpn to download and play DR3. At least I hope to be playing it soon, the download is kind of slow. If I quit playing and disconnect the vpn, will I have any issues resuming playing the game? Should I switch Steam to offline mode before I disconnect the vpn? Sorry for the noobish questions, I haven't tried this before.

OK, I'm currently using a vpn to download and play DR3. At least I hope to be playing it soon, the download is kind of slow. If I quit playing and disconnect the vpn, will I have any issues resuming playing the game? Should I switch Steam to offline mode before I disconnect the vpn? Sorry for the noobish questions, I haven't tried this before.

Just preload normally without the VPN then use the VPN to unlock the game. Stick steam in offline mode and you can disconnect from the VPN safely

JaseC

Just preload normally without the VPN then use the VPN to unlock the game. Stick steam in offline mode and you can disconnect from the VPN safely

If he's already downloading/installing, not pre-loading, then he can just kill the VPN and the game will continue to download. Killing the VPN to pre-load would mean he'd have to start from square one as pre-load data is encrypted.

rickyson1

so i'm trying to use modbot but it's not working for some reason even though I tried the exact steps laid out in the tutorial twice

is there some kind of restriction on new users using it? am I just not waiting long enough(it's been 23 minutes since my first attempt,the tutorial thread says 1-2 though)? does putting regular keys and humble links in the same pm create a problem? not really sure what i'm doing wrong here

Deques

so i'm trying to use modbot but it's not working for some reason even though I tried the exact steps laid out in the tutorial twice

is there some kind of restriction on new users using it? am I just not waiting long enough(it's been 23 minutes since my first attempt,the tutorial thread says 1-2 though)? does putting regular keys and humble links in the same pm create a problem? not really sure what i'm doing wrong here

Maybe ModBot is down? Call Stump!

Shadownet

Banned
Who else is going to marathon Hatoful Boyfriend tomorrow?
Besides Shadownet

Hahahahahaha. So who's participating in my next giveaway?
Besides animl. cause he will be banned?

I'll be watching the live stream. Kinda curious to see how it play.

And I do hope you reconsider 1999. As long as you pay attention to your gear, and use it to strategize, difficult situations become super easy. Like I said, for some reason, I enjoyed it more than my playthroughs on any of the other difficulties.

I'll definitely playing 1999, I just want to take a break and go play Witcher 2 or something :p
I kinda want to replay Dishonored now that I have it on PC. But I should really play games that I have never beat before.

There is no restriction for new member as far as I know.

This is how you do it.

Title: register
Send to: Modbot

Name of the Game - KEYS-GO-HERE (or the link to the humble bundle)
(you can put more below)

*remember to put a space*

then you can put the rules such as: NOLURKERS, BLACKLIST, RAFFLE. (etc, but one rule per line

I'm sure you already have the link to thread on how to use Modbot. as long as you do what it says you should be fine.
Though spin told me a couple hours ago. Modbot wasnt working for him when he tried to register a game.. 20 mins went by and no PM back.

Vuze

wha- you guys are already playing DR3 ;_;
Never thought it would be possible to unlock it this early. Still downloading here for another few hours lol

Enjoy and post your impressions!

E: Ryse 19€... nah, will wait for sale.

rickyson1

Hahahahahaha. So who's participating in my next giveaway?
Besides animl. cause he will be banned?

I'll be watching the live stream. Kinda curious to see how it play.

I'll definitely playing 1999, I just want to take a break and go play Witcher 2 or something :p
I kinda want to replay Dishonored now that I have it on PC. But I should really play games that I have never beat before.

There is no restriction for new member as far as I know.

This is how you do it.

I'm sure you already have the link to thread on how to use Modbot. as long as you do what it says you should be fine.
Though spin told me a couple hours ago. Modbot wasnt working for him when he tried to register a game.. 20 mins went by and no PM back.

yeah that's exactly what i've been doing,good to know on the lack of restrictions etc sounds like I should just try again tomorrow

Shadownet

Banned
How are people already playing Dead Rising 3 when mine is still encrypted? :O

yeah that's exactly what i've been doing,good to know on the lack of restrictions etc sounds like I should just try again tomorrow

Yeah try it tomorrow. Modbot might being going through a stump.
I mean slump.

Also quick pro tip. If you are going to quote someone. only quote what you need to. Not everything that they posted. Save space! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom