• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what the hell is going on in Anarchy Arcade, I walked through my apartment, click a button and before I knew it, 3 games were downloading and my game crashed, can't wait to play it again.

DasFool

Installed Wizardry 8 and spent 30 minutes creating one character before I realized you can import your party from 7 (and import that one from 6). Wow.

I've heard that these games take hundreds of hours to beat. Is this true? Can I just check them off the backlog list? Because goddamn.

Looks like new games got greenlit

Caffeine - An Unreal Engine 4 Sci-Fi Horror / Adventure Hybrid
Into Blue Valley
Vagante
Hellgate
Madness: Project Nexus 2
Guns, Gore & Cannoli
Oort Online
Hardland

What's up with these small unannounced batches of recently submited games getting greenlight?

I really feel for my friend who just can't get out of Greenlight. It sucks because i've watched him really put his heart into the game for years, and yet a bunch of generic BS, stuff that never comes out, and the such makes it through. His game is done and you can even buy it, but he just can't seem to get it through onto Steam.

derExperte

so it's a game that needs people to be fun and or enjoyable?

Yes, it couldn't be more focused on coop as it's designed around different team members doing different things and the ai is too dumb to do that. Think L4D with bots only ten times worse, playing alone might actually ruin the game for you so keep that in mind if you try anyway.

I really feel for my friend who just can't get out of Greenlight. It sucks because i've watched him really put his heart into the game for years, and yet a bunch of generic BS, stuff that never comes out, and the such makes it through. His game is done and you can even buy it, but he just can't seem to get it through onto Steam.

Okay, I'll bite. What is it?

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like new games got greenlit

Caffeine - An Unreal Engine 4 Sci-Fi Horror / Adventure Hybrid
Into Blue Valley
Vagante
Hellgate
Madness: Project Nexus 2
Guns, Gore & Cannoli
Oort Online
Hardland

What's up with these small unannounced batches of recently submited games getting greenlight?

Valve plans to nix Greenlight soon, likely around the time of the major update we've been hearing about. So these likely have some traction, enough to justify getting through before the nuke.

def sim

I dislike white controllers.
They end up getting dirty and wear shows more sooner or later.

Then again i'm all about the ridiclous stuff instead such as the Urban camo or something crazy. Still mad orange controllers aren't a thing.

Well, you're in luck then. There's also this, but I don't know what kind of camo that is.

I didn't like white controllers back when I was a smoker. The yellowing was a bit of a bummer.

Maybe I'M a bit biased, but when you refer to other stuff that gets greenlighted as "generic BS," then present a 2-D platform shooter...

Fair enough, maybe the content he has on there just doesn't showcase it enough, but when i say "Generic BS", i mean like, the 1000th Minecraft or Tower-Defense game. The game isn't really a platformer, more as a boss rush game. But this isn't really the place for me to get into this kind of debate. I guess its just different when you've watched 2 people work on a game so long and not be able to get through.

Tizoc

Yeesh I'm gonna wait a few days before playing Dead Rising 3. At least until some solid guides pop up to help one get the game running at 60 FPS with some respective visuals.

Cheddahz

Banned
TOMORROW
image.php
image.php

WATCH AS STEAM-GAF LEGENDS GUNSTARHEROES AKA THE HUNIEPOP HARBINGER TAKES ON THE ELUSIVE AND MYSTERIOUS CHEDDAHZ IN THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING CHALLENGE THIS SIDE OF DARK SOULS
tumblr_inline_n9j5eeqzCU1r0208w.png

THE FIRST ANNUAL HATOFUL BOYFRIEND COLD TURKEY SPEEDRUN!
WHICH ONE OF US TRULY KNOWS THE CALL OF THE PIDGEON? FIND OUT AT 4PM EST TOMORROW
57_large.jpg

CHEDDAHZ'S TWITCH STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito
GUNSTARHEROES'S TWITCH STREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/gunstarheroes7

THE COUNTDOWN:
t1409860800z1.png

just a quick reminder before i head to bed!

madjoki

Maybe I'M a bit biased, but when you refer to other stuff that gets greenlighted as "generic BS," then present a 2-D platform shooter...

I have to agree with this, or if it has something that sets it apart it's not immediately obvious and should be changed.

Valve plans to nix Greenlight soon, likely around the time of the major update we've been hearing about. So these likely have some traction, enough to justify getting through before the nuke.

If this was case, I'd expect larger batches. (Because I assume it's going to be pay fee - submit directly to steam).
It's not like most of those would be released in few months and by then new store should be up.

It's really weird that I am the only person having issues with unlocking Dead Rising 3 via VPN. It just......doesn't work.

Is there any possible setting via steam or my PC that I could have toggled that would make it not work? I've done this many times before so there's no reason for it to suddenly not work.....

Figured out the issue, steam didn't like the ethernet cable going to my router instead of directly to the wall. Which is weird because I'm almost sure I've had this set up for ages and when I last used a VPN but oh well.

What's the situation like for Dead Rising 3? Can you disconnect the VPN and keep playing or do you have to go offline?

Yeah, that doesn't look even remotely better than most stuff getting Greenlit...

But hey, at least he's not bribing people with keys to get some shitty game on Steam.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
When did you guys become so Hatoful in here? Not coo, man. Not coo.

They are pushing the marketing console versions hard right now. Announcing the PC version this close to release would be to their detriment.

Much like GTAV and MGSV, we all know this is coming. Stay patient.

I respectfully disagree. If they announce a PC version for lets say Nov/Dec or Spring 2015 it won't affect console sales one bit. Destiny is the most pre-ordered new IP in history and it will sell more on consoles than PC.

I respectfully disagree. If they announce a PC version for lets say Nov/Dec or Spring 2015 it won't affect console sales one bit. Destiny is the most pre-ordered new IP in history and it will sell more on consoles than PC.

If they announce it NOW it might affect the console sales.

They'd announce a PC version some time after the console sales start to dwindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom