• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I was just responding to the "his death is covered in another game so it isn't a spoiler" part. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was singling you out, that wasn't my intention.

Fair enough. I plan on keeping to my intention of remaining as spoiler free on the subject as I can, sorry if anyone thought it was similarly out of bounds.

Dsyndrome

Here's a picture of the new corgi puppy we got today, the dachshund is jealous:
TO0UhuL.jpg
Anything coming out this week people are looking forward to? New 3DS and Soma for me.

I do too. But at least Queen Audrey, Official Best Girl, is in the new game.
I don't get off from being verbally insulted thank you ;)
I don't particular miss the anime look, but the new style is just so very "simple", that management screen with all the cam girls' face put side by side gave me the "Disney female character face" vibe, they all looked too similar.
The newest episode online is online. It's.... I really wish they knew what the fuck they were doing with both the Rick and the Beth and Jerry characters.
Wait, no need for cable account login this time?

MUnited83

For you.
I don't get off from being verbally insulted thank you ;)
I don't particular miss the anime look, but the new style is just so very "simple", that management screen with all the cam girls' face put side by side gave me the "Disney female character face" vibe, they all looked too similar.
Wait, no need for cable account login this time?

Cable account is only needed if you want to watch a few days after, but imeddiately after a episode airs it will be available for a couple of days to everyone before getting locked to cable subscribers.

Been playing more Endless Legend lately. Don't have the latest expansion yet, but I never really played much with the first expansion content in the first place.

I feel like 4X strategy games don't get a lot of love on GAF though. Or just in general. I suppose because they tend to be mostly solo experiences - I've never played multiplayer in a 4X myself - that discussion fizzles out fast. Hardly any streams on twitch of 4X - have to go to YouTube channels to get my fix.

Got crushed today as a Drakken army found me on my seemingly otherwise personal continent and took two of my cities when I didn't have an appropriate army available. Not sure if he crossed an ocean, but he was the only faction to have discovered me.

I am looking forward to the Beyond Earth expansion - I probably won't get it until it goes on sale, but hopefully it tunes some things up there. And of course Endless Space 2. Tangentially related, Xcom 2, but I should probably finish my Enemy Within campaign first that I started last Winter Sale o_O Maybe try long war if I have enough time.

Arthea

Guys, grab In Verbis Virtus, trust me.

A microphone is required to play this game.

how about no?

why we should grab it?

Been playing more Endless Legend lately. Don't have the latest expansion yet, but I never really played much with the first expansion content in the first place.

I feel like 4X strategy games don't get a lot of love on GAF though. Or just in general. I suppose because they tend to be mostly solo experiences - I've never played multiplayer in a 4X myself - that discussion fizzles out fast. Hardly any streams on twitch of 4X - have to go to YouTube channels to get my fix.

Got crushed today as a Drakken army found me on my seemingly otherwise personal continent and took two of my cities when I didn't have an appropriate army available. Not sure if he crossed an ocean, but he was the only faction to have discovered me.

I am looking forward to the Beyond Earth expansion - I probably won't get it until it goes on sale, but hopefully it tunes some things up there. And of course Endless Space 2. Tangentially related, Xcom 2, but I should probably finish my Enemy Within campaign first that I started last Winter Sale o_O Maybe try long war if I have enough time.

I didn't like Endless Legend much, played during a free weekend, winter sucks, sidequests are nice and dandy but then again time limits, which I'm not fond of, everywhere.
I'm not sure about Endless Space 2 either, even if I kinda liked ES, I had too many UI related problems with it.
Or I just got very demanding or something.
Civ is the king still, even with its problems, and those kind of games being so time consuming, probably one franchise is enough.

edited; oh yeah, Age of Wonders III, I need to get to it somehow, bought it long ago, but I don't think I have any expansions yet and these aren't cheap.

It's all about Age of Wonders 3 these days, Falcon.

I guess I'll check it out when it's on sale sometime (as I typically do most Steam releases). $50 for all the content right now is a bit too steep for me. Complete collection would probably need to be ~$20 or less for me to bite. And I've still got Gal Civ III on my to-buy list as well. *sigh*

how about no?

why we should grab it?

I didn't like Endless Legend much, played during a free weekend, winter sucks, sidequests are nice and dandy but then again time limits, which I'm not fond of, everywhere.
I'm not sure about Endless Space 2 either, even if I kinda liked ES, I had too many UI related problems with it.
Or I just got very demanding or something.
Civ is the king still, even with its problems, and those kind of games being so time consuming, probably one franchise is enough.

After getting Endless Space in the bundle I played one whole game but sadly the UI was so completely terrible I uninstalled. Another game on the lengthening list of games that are not MOO2.

Arthea

I guess I'll check it out when it's on sale sometime (as I typically do most Steam releases). $50 for all the content right now is a bit too steep for me. Complete collection would probably need to be ~$20 or less for me to bite. And I've still got Gal Civ III on my to-buy list as well. *sigh*

look at the bright side, at least GalCiv3 is not 100€ game anymore.

Various PC headphones come with speakers nowadays.

that's not the point, Tizoc pls

After getting Endless Space in the bundle I played one whole game but sadly the UI was so completely terrible I uninstalled. Another game on the lengthening list of games that are not MOO2.

Endless Legend is better than Endless Space IMO. Combat in both is kinda bad still, but they learned from things that didn't work in ES to make EL a better game. So I'm hoping Endless Space 2 builds on that even more to become a truly great game.

And speaking of the Endless series, I really ought to spend some time with Dungeon of the Endless. Have had it, but haven't sunk more than 20 minutes in it. Just been occupied with WoW and Diablo of late, among some real life responsibilities, that have prevented me from branching perhaps as much as I should.

look at the bright side, at least GalCiv3 is not 100€ game anymore.

It was $25 once. ONCE! :( (I think that was when I bought EL instead, only having enough for one or the other)

Arthea

Endless Legend is better than Endless Space IMO. Combat in both is kinda bad still, but they learned from things that didn't work in ES to make EL a better game. So I'm hoping Endless Space 2 builds on that even more to become a truly great game.

And speaking of the Endless series, I really ought to spend some time with Dungeon of the Endless. Have had it, but haven't sunk more than 20 minutes in it. Just been occupied with WoW and Diablo of late, among some real life responsibilities, that have prevented me from branching perhaps as much as I should.

I suddenly feel like I've been Turfstied or something, I didn't like Dungeon of Endless at all, but unlike ES or EL, DoE might be just not my kind of game.

Eila

Once upon a time on greenlight

If I was to make a game, it'd have anime style art. It makes the greenlight process painless. You don't even have to bribe them with keys.
By the way, there's been a lot of chinese games lately. It's good to see them getting on the steam train.

Arthea

If I was to make a game, it'd have anime style art. It makes the greenlight process painless. You don't even have to bribe them with keys.

nah, only VNs have no problems with greenlight process and only because there are still relatively few of them, when/if better ones will hit steam in numbers, VNs will have problems too, anime or no anime.

ExoSoul

Banned
how about no?

why we should grab it?

Well, the "gimmick" of this game is that you actually have to cast spells rather than just pressing a button. But besides that it's just a beautiful and very good puzzle/exploration game.
From what I've played so far

I've never seen the opinion that Endless Space's user interface was terrible or problematic, I thought overall it was pretty slick and minimalist myself, except for the unit upgrading sub-menu. That was kinda clunky and sort of improved on in Legend. Overall the level of polish in Endless Space was what was so surprising. The game came out of nowhere and was more than solid.

I am used to seeing the combat in ES getting dogged on and deservedly so. If they completely ditch the cutscene rock/paper/scissors combat, I'll probably jump on board Endless Space 2, even though I only put about 40 hours into ES during EA.

I like their games but I find myself spending more time playing Civ than anything else. I'm super stoked for Rising Tide.

Arthea

Well, the "gimmick" of this game is that you actually have to cast spells rather than just pressing a button. But besides that it's just beautiful and a very good puzzle/exploration game.
From what I've played so far

I wishlisted it and then devishlisted because of voice controls, I might wishlist it again when you are so insistent.

I've never seen the opinion that Endless Space's user interface was terrible or problematic, I thought overall it was pretty slick and minimalist myself, except for the unit upgrading sub-menu. That was kinda clunky and sort of improved on in Legend. Overall the level of polish in Endless Space was what was so surprising. The game came out of nowhere and was more than solid.

I am used to seeing the combat in ES getting dogged on and deservedly so. If they completely ditch the cutscene rock/paper/scissors combat, I'll probably jump on board Endless Space 2, even though I only put about 40 hours into ES during EA.

I like their games but I find myself spending more time playing Civ than anything else. I'm super stoked for Rising Tide.

We had this talk with Doggie before, it seems that not everybody has those UI problems, he hadn't any either, while many do. In my case UI was not functional and horrible, didn't scale properly too, I'm still not sure what causes this.

Arthea

Sometimes someone wants to make that one unique game with that one unique gimmick. If it ends up being good, then it should be given the chance.

Wasn't said game in a bundle recently?

ha!
I just checked, I indeed have it. OK, I'll move it to "things to play" queue.

edited: it just proves one more time that I have no idea which games I have anymore...

Tizoc

Shouldnt the last Episode of LiS be released by now? I need my fix.

This is the last week of September, tweet the devs to see if we have a chance of seeing it this week, if not next week at the earliest.
It is the final episode so they might need more time to finish it.

The UI on Endless Space is really sleek, but I do recall some fleet management/shipyard construction issues in it that really brought the experience down.

EL's sort of the same in the UI side, and last time I played it there were enough CTDs to make it an unenjoyable experience. This was a while back, though.

Dungeon of the Endless is really good once you get into its mindset. It's basically a TD roguelike. The completely hands-off combat is the best AMPLITUDE has ever done, which is rather telling, I think. I only wish there was more to it, because it gets sorta samey and boring after a while, lacking in the unending mystery or progression that roguelikes usually employ to really grab ya.

I had CTD issues with Endless Legend before, so I had switched to the 32-bit client which was more stable at the time. However any technical issue of that sort seems to have been solved by now. Been on the default 64-but client without any issues as of late, though to be fair I haven't had super long late-game saves that would push the software running either.

But if I recall correctly CTDs didn't necessarily only happen in end-game states anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom