• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up Flame Over and got a weird sound issue, no music or sound effects. Checked forum and google. No luck. Anyone got any ideas?

Any one else having trouble adding reviews on Steam? It just... stays there. No feedback of any kind. If I refresh the page, it just shows me what I wrote down.

Yes, what I had to do was submit a short review (I submitted ".") and then edit in your actual text later. I tried multiple browsers on multiple OS's and this was the only solution. I'm open to conspiracy theories on why this is the case. For me, these reviews of mine were from August 25th.

Teggy

Well I just
went to an alien world
in Obduction.

Maybe I should have seen that coming but I'm glad I didn't.

Ace Attorney: A TellTale Games Series?

I mean, Minecraft TTG exists so it's really not that far-fetched.
Quantum Break will release in few days and you can still not pre-order it?

Some games have pre-order pages a year before.

It's a marketing thing, to get the game at the top of the sales charts for more visibility. Though it generally applies to smaller devs rather than big ones... but eh.

I should add, it is actually a Valve-recommended strategy for developers on Steam.

mp1990

Banned
Ace Attorney underwear.
CrSad22UMAAmyqG.jpg

By the way, earlier today Capcom teased some "welcome news" regarding the Ace Attorney franchise that will be disclosed in the following TGS. Ace Attorney Trilogy for PC incoming? or The Great Ace Attorney localization? Or, for the love of God, anything but Ace Attorney 7? One can dream.

Ace Attorney Pachinko

Ace Attorney Investigations 3 for Japan and confirmed never for NA and Europe

New spin-off where Pearl and Ema team up to be the detectives

A new game where you play the judge, and gavel smashing is a rhythm QTE

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 (from lashman on Twitter)...no price yet

and also on the page it has the release details for Mortal Kombat XL

"Mortal Kombat XL for PC will be available for purchase Oct. 4, 2016. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat XL is adapted for PC by Qloc. Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, giving players access to all of the latest balance updates as well as the enhanced online experience, that was available in the recent beta test for the game.

Mortal Kombat XL offers the ultimate Mortal Kombat X experience that includes the main game and all content featured in upcoming Kombat Pack 2:
• Brand new playable characters the Xenomorph from Alien, Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror film series, Triborg and Bo’Rai Cho
• Apocalypse Skin Pack
• Previously released content including playable Goro, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack and Kold War Scorpion Skin

Also included with Mortal Kombat XL are previously released downloadable content from the original Kombat Pack:
• Playable characters Predator, Jason Voorhees, Tremor and Tanya, with each accompanied by three themed skins
• Samurai Skin Pack"

Haha wow. ARK Survival Evolved is getting an expansion pack even before the game is fully released and not a cheap one too: http://www.thexboxhub.com/ark-survival-evolved-gets-huge-expansion-pack-new-update/
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/512540/header.jpg?t=1472749200

ARK is like the biggest sin of PC gamers. It's not finished, it runs like shit, yet people buy it.

If anything, it'll only encourage other devs to make EA survival games that'll be in EA for eternity. Well, it's already happening in fact, though the trend starter is not actually ARK.

Haha wow. ARK Survival Evolved is getting an expansion pack even before the game is fully released and not a cheap one too: http://www.thexboxhub.com/ark-survival-evolved-gets-huge-expansion-pack-new-update/

ARK is like the biggest sin of PC gamers. It's not finished, it runs like shit, yet people buy it.

If anything, it'll only encourage other devs to make EA survival games that'll be in EA for eternity. Well, it's already happening in fact, though the trend starter is not actually ARK.

If PT Barnum were alive, he would totally be a game developer. There's a sucker born every minute, and gamers are among the worst suckers of them all. Who else would pay twice for an unfinished product?

Searching for INFERNO CLIMBER made the scary revelation that no one, apparently, haven't made a single mention of it during it's entire Early Access run. Would think Arc System Works making a Steam exclusive game would turn a few heads at the very least. Especially since it looks pretty awesome to boot.

Anyway, latest announcement includes some release information.

<Official Release Confirmed>
Inferno Climber would be switching from early access to full version release on the 8th Sep 18:00&#65374;20:00(PDT).

Players will be able to enjoy the complete content in the full version.
Also, the Early Access Special Price will end, and the price will be reverted to the original USD$29.99, with a launch discount to be revealed at a later date.
Kindly note that the discounted price during the launch sale period will still be higher than the Early Access Special Price.

<Important Notice>
To facilitate the transition, the following procedures will be implemented in this order:
1. The price of the game will set to USD $29.99 a couple of days before the full version release.
2. The game will then be released to the full version.
3. The launch discount will be applied shortly after the release.

Please be aware that due to implementation time gaps, the game will temporarily be at the full price of USD $29.99 at certain time intervals while we work out the release.
We seek for your patience in this matter.

tl;dr; Full game releases September 8th. The price will rise to U$29.99 with a undisclosed launch discount (that will still be more expensive than the current Early Access price of U$19.99).
So buy now for best price. basically.

Corpekata

Banned
Searching for INFERNO CLIMBER made the scary revelation that no one, apparently, haven't made a single mention of it during it's entire Early Access run. Would think Arc System Works making a Steam exclusive game would turn a few heads at the very least. Especially since it looks pretty awesome to boot.

Anyway, latest announcement includes some release information.

tl;dr; Full game releases September 8th. The price will rise to U$29.99 with a undisclosed launch discount (that will still be more expensive than the current Early Access price of U$19.99).
So buy now for best price. basically.

Almost impulse bought but saw a thread asking for 1440p support. They made a PC exclusive game, and locked the resolution.

The only post about it was from a while ago and the dev/moderator said they'd forward the request for the resolution, but I'm just kind of baffled to be honest. Looks like it might have issues with some controllers. Going to see if I can find out more info, see if they fixed it, but like 80 percent of the posts are in Japanese.

Jim Sterling did a video of it that sold me on it a while ago, I was just waiting for EA to end. Made it look a lot better than the trailers.

Edit: Looks like they did patch it, alright, my interest + them listening + wanting to avoid the price markup I think has snagged them a sale.

dickroach

i just got one of those cool 2-in-1 touchscreen laptops. any Steam games that really utilize a touchscreen? (I feel like point n clicks will be sweet)

Almost impulse bought but saw a thread asking for 1440p support. They made a PC exclusive game, and locked the resolution.

The only post about it was from a while ago and the dev/moderator said they'd forward the request for the resolution, but I'm just kind of baffled to be honest. Looks like it might have issues with some controllers. Going to see if I can find out more info, see if they fixed it, but like 80 percent of the posts are in Japanese.

Jim Sterling did a video of it that sold me on it a while ago, I was just waiting for EA to end. Made it look a lot better than the trailers.

Edit: Looks like they did patch it, alright, my interest + them listening + wanting to avoid the price markup I think has snagged them a sale.
I searched the update history and it looks like they added support for higher resolutions a month ago.

Edit: Don't know why I didn't see your edit.

God Eater is such a good port, good deal (2 games in 1), the store has been up since July, and the monster hunting genre that PC gamers have been waiting for. They have also put decent marketing effort for this game and didn't hide PC version in the game's trailers and promotions (like other Japanese devs/pubs do). Heck, they even made a special 60fps Steam trailer for God Eater. And yet it only sold for like 23k copies thus far (yes, it's been more than three days already). What went wrong?

God Eater is such a good port, good deal (2 games in 1), the store has been up since July, and the monster hunting genre that PC gamers have been waiting for. They have also put decent marketing effort for this game and didn't hide PC version in the game's trailers and promotions (like other Japanese devs/pubs do). Heck, they even made a special 60fps Steam trailer for God Eater. And yet it only sold for like 23k copies thus far (yes, it's been more than three days already). What went wrong?

I would have bought it if it were cheaper, like $30-40 (or just let me buy GE2 w/o the first for cheaper) but my main issue with it is that it's not Monster Hunter. I've played enough of the games like MH to know that MH is the only one for me. I need that slow, methodical combat and high difficulty. It's a damn shame Capcom won't give the series a shot on Steam.

Corpekata

Banned

How much are you expecting it to sell?

Also the lag on SS is clearly not cleared (look at the jumps as I've said before). It's likely to land in the 30-40k range by the end of the weekend.

I would have bought it if it were cheaper, like $30-40 (or just let me buy GE2 w/o the first for cheaper) but my main issue with it is that it's not Monster Hunter. I've played enough of the games like MH to know that MH is the only one for me. I need that slow, methodical combat and high difficulty. It's a damn shame Capcom won't give the series a shot on Steam.

Yeah, I guess what people actually really want is not a monster hunting game, but the actual Monster Hunter game. I'd gladly pay a PSP port of MH game like Freedom Unite. Even for a PSP game, it looks more polished than GE games.

How much are you expecting it to sell?

Also the lag on SS is clearly not cleared (look at the jumps as I've said before). It's likely to land in the 30-40k range by the end of the weekend.

I expected maybe 50k-75k on its first week. I remember that the game was a big hit on PSP. It's also not exactly a new IP like Toukiden, and has its own anime show. Maybe I just have an unrealistic expectation.

But I guess your estimation would be right, 30k by the end of the week.

Granjinha

It has barely been 3 days (the game came out on the 29th)

chill :p

Grief.exe

We need a self-imposed moratorium on Steamspy browsing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sparkle 2 -- MB-76D8A4128946B295 - Taken by dot

I'm all caught up on CK2 DLCs now... just waiting for the plagues to hit.

They've improved the UI and presentation in general a metric ton since I last played.
Anybody else suddenly got a 75% coupon for Feist? Combined with currently-active 50% off weeklong deal, that's close to 90% discount.

Anyone with Thomas Was Alone/Volume(?) or Feist got a coupon for the oppoiste developer's game.

If it doesn't stack, I'll never understand why they'd launch 'em while one of the games is on sale.

List of shmups not on Steam that absolutely should've been by now:

Mars Matrix
Psyvariar
Radiant Silvergun
Gradius V

Damn it publishers plz

Popstar

Anybody else suddenly got a 75% coupon for Feist? Combined with currently-active 50% off weeklong deal, that's close to 90% discount.
I got a notification for a new item in my inventory which showed itself as a Feist coupon. But after closing the notification box it appears the coupon isn't actually in my inventory. Some sort of glitch.

Granjinha

September is pretty awesome huh

Between Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising Remaster, ReCore, Event[0], Divinity 2 early acess, Burly Men At Sea and Virginia there are a lot of promising stuff coming out

and that's what i remember from the top of my head

Kudo

List of shmups not on Steam that absolutely should've been by now:

Mars Matrix
Psyvariar
Radiant Silvergun
Gradius V

Damn it publishers plz

I really want Deathsmiles 2, they never released it in EU for X360 so never got a chance to try it as it was region-locked.

Tizoc

It was $42 at dlgamer

Rippounette

Neo Member
September is pretty awesome huh

Between Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising Remaster, ReCore, Event[0], Divinity 2 early acess, Burly Men At Sea and Virginia there are a lot of promising stuff coming out

and that's what i remember from the top of my head

Yeah. Seasons after Fall in a couple of hours and Mother Russia Bleeds in a couple of days too. Finally the new Shantae at the end of the month also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom