• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

edit: where do you see £35? Is it the deluxe version? I only bought vanilla SW2

Steam directly

Sorry I'm forgetting the 10% off, but it's still £30+ even then :/

Think I'll need to get someone to gift me it

Edit:

If you have Shadow Warrior 1 you get an extra discount. For example, for me it is 20% off as I own SW1 so it comes to $32.

Ah right, I'm not logged in just now, didn't realise that. Thanks :)

any recommendations for the shmup sale on Steam this weekend?

i already bought Mushuhimesama, Luftrausers (double dip, have it on PSN) and Enter the Gungeon earlier this morning, but was hoping for some lesser known shooters that i can snag on the cheap.

I'm planning to start playing CK2 again (and basically re-learning...I conquered only Ireland in my first game), but I want to throw some DLC in it.
From what I've understand, the "must have" are: The Old Gods, Legacy of Rome, Reaper's Due?

Kudo

According to Steam stats, I beat HR in 54 hours. I've just beat MD and it took me 48 hours. Both going for full stealth and pacifist run, as well as doing most, if not all, available side quests. MD story is undeniably shorter, but the side missions and point of interests are much better than HR. The side missions help building the whole story of the game, and you'll be missing out if you missed them. Also, Prague is a much better hub than the ones in Human Revolution. It also feels bigger compared to Detroid and Hengsha combined, because there are so many thing you can do in the city. It's pretty depth and filled with content. However, I did replay some of the missions to see the consequences of missions with 2 choices, also to get achievements for both routes. Maybe it's actually 45 hours for HR and 40 hours for MD for me.

I beat MD in 19 hours, full stealth and pacifist run and did all side quests that weren't too hidden. Didn't spend too much time looking for them, nor did I read most emails on the computers, only ones that were story related.
Length will depend a lot on how you play, but I feel like I took the long way and still it was only 19 hours, didn't play on easiest setting either.
Overall good game but I feel like it was only getting started when it ends.

I beat MD in 19 hours, full stealth and pacifist run and did all side quests that weren't too hidden. Didn't spend too much time looking for them, nor did I read most emails on the computers, only ones that were story related.
Length will depend a lot on how you play, but I feel like I took the long way and still it was only 19 hours, didn't play on easiest setting either.
Overall good game but I feel like it was only getting started when it ends.

Yes, they definitely still have more coming for Deus Ex. I think I remember they announced something called 'Deus Ex Universe' back then, maybe it's somewhat related to that. The story is gonna be concluded in the next game or two. Like Hitman, Mankind Divided is the first season. MD development took a while because they have to build the game from zero, with a brand new engine. I hope it'll be a much smoother sailing from now on.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme -- MB-7DF522977E422D63 - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-4EEB16579F2B7F7F - Taken by hannes. 4 entrants total.

t1472822690z1.png

Kudo

Yes, they definitely still have more coming for Deus Ex. I think I remember they announced something called 'Deus Ex Universe' back then, maybe it's somewhat related to that. The story is gonna be concluded in the next game or two. Like Hitman, Mankind Divided is the first season. MD development took a while because they have to build the game from zero, with a brand new engine. I hope it'll be a much smoother sailing from now on.

Here's hoping, really enjoyed my time with it so wouldn't say no to a sequel.

Deques

What if i only have 1 game to idle?

From my experience it doesn't matter. Cards that you get isn't even from the game you are currently idling, it's from the one of the previous games that you skipped. In other words, you skip games and when you get a card it's from one of the skipped games, not from the current game that's being idled.

So with only one game to idle, you can start and close it and there is a chance that you get a card if there is any left to drop. Yesterday when I was playing a game normally a card dropped almost instantly when I accidently closed the game after 1 minute of play time

Tizoc

This isn't anything they hadn't said already.

i already bought Mushuhimesama, Luftrausers (double dip, have it on PSN) and Enter the Gungeon earlier this morning, but was hoping for some lesser known shooters that i can snag on the cheap.

Deathsmiles is great and has the MOST METAL name for a final boss ever.
There are also the Zeal series if you want traditional shmups.

Judgement Silversword is a compilation of shmups released on the Wonderswan Handheld
The Raiden franchise are good ports too.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Crimzon Clover... it's like the best stuff ever

ANIMU ALARM!

6D4xXIp.png

IndieGala Action & Romance Anime Bundle

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Ace of Protectors (STEAM) +
Darconika: The Cube of Soul (STEAM)
A Wild Catgirl Appears! (STEAM) +

Pay $3.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 Anime / Visual Novel Steam Games!

Swordbreaker The Game (STEAM) +
Love in the Glen Deluxe Edition (STEAM) +
True Lover's Knot Deluxe Edition (OST + Bonus Artbook) (STEAM) +
God's One Day World (STEAM) +
A Detective's Novel (STEAM) +
Adventure World (STEAM) +
Banzai Escape (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/anime

Wow.. after playing for like 15 minutes of Masquerada demo, I'm totally impressed already. The game is well above my expectations, and it's still a demo from April build. Maybe I'll create a thread later for the game to get more attention. This game totally deserves it.

I just played the pre-order bonus mission for Deus Ex. It's called Desperate Measures and it's available in the 'Jesen's Stories' section of the main menu in case anyone didn't already know this. The mission is about 30-60 minutes long depending on how you want to play it I guess. Personally I'm not particularly happy with it. You start the mission with none of your augmentations and an almost empty inventory. I don't really like that this studio is starting to make a habit out of doing DLC like this. Instead you're given a basic starter inventory and a bunch of Praxis points to spend when you start and you can get a few more as you play the level. The problem with this approach is that it immediately limits how many ways you can deal with any situation, and of course it breaks continuity because there's no reason you should have lost all your upgrades when you play this mission.

The actual mission deals with an event that occurs in the main game. You go to an entirely new area and infiltrate a secure facility to get some information before making your way out. The level is fine mechanically but of course you're restricted in how you can play it because you have very few abilities unlocked. Not the worst pre-order bonus I've seen but I'm really hoping they can do better with the actual DLC they're going to release for the game

Kudo

Any place with The Witcher 3 GOTY Steam for cheaper? All digital stores seem to only sell the GOG version.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Any place with The Witcher 3 GOTY Steam for cheaper? All digital stores seem to only sell the GOG version.

CDProjekt seems like they've done a pretty a good job of keeping the Steam price un-discounted so far. Only place I've seen discount the Steam Expansion Pass is Amazon.

I suspect it'll maintain its price point until the Winter sale period, possibly even during.

I just played the pre-order bonus mission for Deus Ex. It's called Desperate Measures and it's available in the 'Jesen's Stories' section of the main menu in case anyone didn't already know this. The mission is about 30-60 minutes long depending on how you want to play it I guess. Personally I'm not particularly happy with it. You start the mission with none of your augmentations and an almost empty inventory. I don't really like that this studio is starting to make a habit out of doing DLC like this. Instead you're given a basic starter inventory and a bunch of Praxis points to spend when you start and you can get a few more as you play the level. The problem with this approach is that it immediately limits how many ways you can deal with any situation, and of course it breaks continuity because there's no reason you should have lost all your upgrades when you play this mission.

The actual mission deals with an event that occurs in the main game. You go to an entirely new area and infiltrate a secure facility to get some information before making your way out. The level is fine mechanically but of course you're restricted in how you can play it because you have very few abilities unlocked. Not the worst pre-order bonus I've seen but I'm really hoping they can do better with the actual DLC they're going to release for the game
There's a reason that trainers exist :p

I played through The Missing Link as an augmented god.

TGMIII

ESCHATOS, Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION & REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR are fantastic. Crimzon Clover especially is one of the standouts in the genre.

Assault Android Cactus is criminally overlooked, one of the best games of 2015. There's a demo on steam.

Tizoc

I did that mission after beating the game and I was given 15 praxis kits which enough to help me stealth through the level.

Deques

I would recommend Ikaruga, but it's part of the sale :(

Wok

Looks like the Steam Card glitch still hasn't been fixed. Got over 100 cards so far today in very short time

For those who wonder what mumbo jumbo I am talking about:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e7Jhp/steam-or-idle-master-glitch

I was fed up of wasting my time clicking so I have had a look at AutoHotKey, which is used for clicker games.

This is what I came up with.

Code:
#NoEnv
SendMode Input

$F6::

loop {
	sleep, 7000
	ControlClick, x284 y166, Idle Master,,,, Pos
}

$F7::pause

Launch idleMaster, double-click on the script, press F6 to start the script.
Press F7 to pause the script when you are done with it.

When cards stop dropping, I suggest waiting for another day.

Deques

I was fed up of wasting my time clicking so I have had a look at AutoHotKey, which is used for clicker games.

This is what I came up with.

Code:
#NoEnv
SendMode Input

$F6::

loop {
	sleep, 7000
	ControlClick, x284 y166, Idle Master,,,, Pos
}

$F7::pause

Launch idleMaster, double-click on the script, press F6 to start the script.
Press F7 to pause the script when you are done with it.

When cards stop dropping, I suggest waiting for another day.

Neat, will try the script when the next 30 games are ready for card dropping :D

Anno

Anyone else interested in Seasons After Fall that's releasing today? It's so beautiful and charming.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trinium Wars Steam Premium Starter Pack -- MB-3787B5E0C46EB9EE - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

Still available.

Monooboe

Anyone else interested in Seasons After Fall that's releasing today? It's so beautiful and charming.

Very curious about it, but I'm wondering, is it 3D that looks like 2D or real 2D? I only have an Intel HD 515 graphics cards so not sure if I can play it.XD I mean they write DX 11 card needed, for 2D?

Deques

Hmm, I need to try this out. I have like a hundred games that need some dropping. How much exactly is "very short time"?

First I need to idle 2 hours per game, which Idle Master can do simultaneously. Then I skip through the games, can take 30 minutes or more

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-17ABD0025A21B7C5 - Taken by Cth

Hmm, not sure if I should gamble on the Humble monthly this month. I already have Soma on the PS4.

Looking at the old bundles, I'm glad I skipped last month but that seems to be the only weak bundle.

EDIT: Eh, pulling the trigger, why the hell not.

fantomena

WIth all the performance stuff and the new Jim Sterling video of Deus Ex, I wil surely be picking the game up on some cheap sale.

Seems like I was right for being skeptic about it.

fantomena

Do we know what's in the montly? If there's anything good, can I still get it by subscribing or will I only get the next monthly?

Deques

Do we know what's in the montly? If there's anything good, can I stil lget it by subscribing or will I only get the next monthly?

You need to subscribe now if you want the upcoming monthly bundle. If you subscribe after they reveal the games you have to wait next month to get the games

Regginator

First I need to idle 2 hours per game, which Idle Master can do simultaneously. Then I skip through the games, can take 30 minutes or more
But isn't that the usual speed? 2 hours per game simultaneously and then individual games separately.

From 4 to 6 seconds per game, so 100 cards in 10 minutes.
I tried it out for 15 minutes on Grim Fandango but it only gave one in 15 minutes :( (I already reached the 2+ hour mark).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom