• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell what the clock is in game? I looked at GPU-Z but +100 only gets the boost to ~1900 ish. +130 has me at 1915 boost.

with Afterburner it installs RivaTuner as well (it opens along with Afterburner too)...that's what shows the overlay of info (like FPS, CPU temp, GPU clock, etc)...in Afterburner you click on which things you want to see on the overlay...you can probably Google how to set that up a lot easier than I could explain it...lol

also even if it says your "maximum" is 1900 or whatever the actual boost will be above that because of the GPU Boost 3.0 for Pascal cards

Knurek

If you thought TIS-100 was too simple:

ss_f50b27afa433ba571ca5d039f8f0890dc0d2ff67.600x338.jpg
ss_cf8640ac76f3134ba7738dad7576b820606d173e.600x338.jpg

If you thought TIS-100 was too simple:

ss_f50b27afa433ba571ca5d039f8f0890dc0d2ff67.600x338.jpg
ss_cf8640ac76f3134ba7738dad7576b820606d173e.600x338.jpg

Oooooooo instruction set architecture!! All the horrible memories of computer organization and computer architecture classes in college just came flooding back. It didn't help that in senior capstone we had a project that involved it and had to make a presentation and a sound algorithm in two days. I kinda want to get it just to make sure I remember all those flip flops and gates.

Pixieking

Banned
CIV VI for $63.99 on bundlestars looks like a great deal

Bear-in-mind that Bundlestars put a hold on new accounts that means you can't buy it for 24 hours, so if people are dithering, create an account now, and then you can think about it during the holding-period. (I totally didn't know about this when I posted the deal. :( )

Soulflarz

Banned
Going to ask a question that will probably get a lot of ???

...how do I fix what I assume is a tdr error?
Forever (win8/10), rocket league has offhand crashed and the driver died+recovered making my screen go black for 5s. No other game has ever caused it, and I've used my PC plenty enough. Witcher 1 EE has also caused it 4x in 3.5hr, so...

Anything I can do about this? :x
GTX980, nothing on my PC is overclocked. No way this is an issue regarding OC or such.

Think twice about pre-ordering Quantum Break guys. Especially from places other than Steam. Performance reports on the Steam version are not at all encouraging.

Corpekata

Banned

Forever (win8/10), rocket league has offhand crashed and the driver died+recovered making my screen go black for 5s. No other game has ever caused it, and I've used my PC plenty enough. Witcher 1 EE has also caused it 4x in 3.5hr, so...

GTX980, nothing on my PC is overclocked. No way this is an issue regarding OC or such.

Some of Nvidia's drivers of late have resulted in a lot of driver crashes. I'd try a different driver. If you're updated, roll back to the previous one closest to when it worked fine if you can remember.

Soulflarz

Banned
Some of Nvidia's drivers of late have resulted in a lot of driver crashes. I'd try a different driver. If you're updated, roll back to the previous one closest to when it worked fine if you can remember.

I've done this many times sadly
Haven't tested with Witcher, but Rocket League has done this for me on "last stable driver version" and most modern drivers for the past year. Definitely a different issue going on here, I just have no idea what.

Knurek

Think twice about pre-ordering Quantum Break guys. Especially from places other than Steam. Performance reports on the Steam version are not at all encouraging.

Also, the game still doesn't let you download the videos on disc, so you will have buffering issues now, and no video whenever Microsoft pulls the plug on the servers.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oooooooo instruction set architecture!! All the horrible memories of computer organization and computer architecture classes in college just came flooding back. It didn't help that in senior capstone we had a project that involved it and had to make a presentation and a sound algorithm in two days. I kinda want to get it just to make sure I remember all those flip flops and gates.

I was just going to say this "game" is pretty close to the level of doing things people get PAID to do for a living.

Also, the game still doesn't let you download the videos on disc, so you will have buffering issues now, and no video whenever Microsoft pulls the plug on the servers.

Someone could probably record them and find a way to put them in the game, as a mod in the event that Microsoft pulls the plug on the server. Of course that's all dependent on someone caring enough about Quantum Break to do that.

EdmondD

I have been dealing with this exact issue for months now. Tried a lot of things and nothing has worked. I'm not overclocking anything either. Even browsing the internet can cause a driver crash for me. Sometimes it will randomly go away but will return as soon as I reboot my PC. It's very frustrating. Just had a couple driver crashes earlier today just watching vids on youtube.

It's possible the videos will be stored on Steam servers though. But yeah, apparently they're 4K only so if you don't have the internet speed to support 4K streaming, you're hosed.

Pixieking

Banned
It's possible the videos will be stored on Steam servers though. But yeah, apparently they're 4K only so if you don't have the internet speed to support 4K streaming, you're hosed.

Epic. Our speed isn't great, and we're on a metered connection. Fuck knows how much data we'd lose on my playing it. Guess it's a less-than £10/$15 buy for me, then.

Epic. Our speed isn't great, and we're on a metered connection. Fuck knows how much data we'd lose on my playing it. Guess it's a less-than £10/$15 buy for me, then.

Yeah. My connection isn't metered but it's really slow so I wouldn't be able to stream it even if I wanted to. Although from what I've heard, the TV show bits are fairly useless and you can probably just watch them on Youtube anyway. The video is supposed to change based on your choices but I can't imagine there will be too many variations and even if there are, how much will it really matter.

Soulflarz

Banned
I have been dealing with this exact issue for months now. Tried a lot of things and nothing has worked. I'm not overclocking anything either. Even browsing the internet can cause a driver crash for me. Sometimes it will randomly go away but will return as soon as I reboot my PC. It's very frustrating. Just had a couple driver crashes earlier today just watching vids on youtube.

Haven't had it this bad, but I am curious how to fix.

People said go turn on max performance in your settings
What's a power bill when your drivers crash anyways :V

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I am now using Mayflash adapter since I really love the Wii U Pro controller, but despite emulating the xbox controller it keeps using "Button 1, Button 2", etc. rather than xbox button names. Any way to fix that?

Wok

Beglitched has a store page. Its release is planned on October 7. The game was praised at some indie conferences and will be at IndieCade this year.

Also, a reminder that Burly Men at Sea will be released later today.

So I am now using Mayflash adapter since I really love the Wii U Pro controller, but despite emulating the xbox controller it keeps using "Button 1, Button 2", etc. rather than xbox button names. Any way to fix that?
There are two modes on the mayflash adapter. Make sure you are using the switch on xinput mode.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Shouldn't it be more easy to program on multiple platforms, or is this just a resource management. I guess those companies don't have confidence in PC as a platform?

Unai

it is in xinput

Which game? If it is like that on everything maybe your xinput/dinput switch is broken. If it is a specific game I can test if it happens with me when I get home.

Jawmuncher

I don't understand why the resolution locks. Like what does it accomplish? If your health bars and such don't scale well so be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom