• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Am I the only one that thinks they are pumping Total War games out a little too fast?

I was a little surprised at how quickly TW:Warhammer 2 was announced, but they seem to have a plan for three games coming together into one giant campaign, which shows that they're at least building towards something. Makes sense that they'd keep the overall design similar and focus on the faction design instead.

Naarmight

I was a little surprised at how quickly TW:Warhammer 2 was announced, but they seem to have a plan for three games coming together into one giant campaign, which shows that they're at least building towards something. Makes sense that they'd keep the overall design similar and focus on the faction design instead.

Yeah I guess the 3rd game is going to be all the chaos factions and some crazy invasion of the whole old world. Which sounds pretty cool now I think about it

They did the same thing with the Atelier ports, so it's not like there's no precedent.
At least Sophie wasn't a 60€ release.

I wouldn't count on it being miscommunication, Atelier Sophie and Firis also use lower resolution 2D assets on PC than on PS4 (with Firis also having some worse and/or missing effects as well).

I know, but here it's a case of 2D assets that are available at a higher res but not being used. You can't even chalk it up to bad engine optimization or other technical issues, it literally comes down to a decision to use the lower res images.

It's funny how the Atelier Sophie port got me on board with KT and then the Atelier Firis port dropped them to "wait for a sale." I ain't gonna buy anything from them day one now.

Hob is quite amazing so far. Got to play it for an hour today and really enjoyed everything about it (except for the occassional stutter that occured for whatever reason). By the devs of Torchlight

Cheers :)

Looks really cool, are there any RPG elements? I gotta find a quick look.

ezodagrom

I know, but here it's a case of 2D assets that are available at a higher res but not being used. You can't even chalk it up to bad engine optimization or other technical issues, it literally comes down to a decision to use the lower res images.
But, as I said, Atelier Sophie and Firis have the same issue, lower resolution assets being used in the PC version for no reason.

Vuze

Looks really cool, are there any RPG elements? I gotta find a quick look.
Yep, you can find skill blueprints, weapon parts and "currency" and then unlock the skills with said currency and upgrade the weapons (I assume, I only forged the base weapon so far due to lack of parts). Skill and crafting system is not very deep - so far anyway - but seems just fine.

Yep, you can find skill blueprints, weapon parts and "currency" and then unlock the skills with said currency and upgrade the weapons (I assume, I only forged the base weapon so far due to lack of parts). Skill and crafting system is not very deep - so far anyway - but seems just fine.

Sounds pretty sweet, may pick it up tonight at that price point.

Hob is quite amazing so far. Got to play it for an hour today and really enjoyed everything about it (except for the occassional stutter that occured for whatever reason). By the devs of Torchlight

Yeah, I'm excited with how it's turning out. I remember the early clips being kinda colorless and the action slow. It really seems a lot more lively now. Can't wait to check it out.

kionedrik

I never thought I'd say this about any game but Divinity: Original Sin 2 has too much content. I'm ~45h in and I'm not even halfway through the second map... Nevertheless it's excellent and the new standard of what a sequel should be.

Hektor

I never thought I'd say this about any game but Divinity: Original Sin 2 has too much content. I'm ~45h in and I'm not even halfway through the second map... Nevertheless it's excellent and the new standard of what a sequel should be.

I have to agree, i'm at what i presume to be the very ending of the game (Not the first time i thought that) and i started feeling a bit burned out on the last map to the point that i skipped a few sidequests.

Tho it's a testament to its quality that i burn out not on shitty fetchquest but on well designed, engaging content.

kionedrik

So it really is the Baldurs Gate 2 successor?

I think PoE follows the BG2 formula much more than Divinity, so I don't think it's honest to call it a BG2 successor. It is so different from the standard RPG design formula that it almost deserves a classification of it's own.
Personally I find it much better than BG 2 ever was but I never was a part of the "BG2 is the best RPG ever!!!!" crowd to begin with. It's competent and a landmark in design but it was outclassed by other games even back then.

NeoRaider

There is an article on Eurogamer about humblebundle. I clicked on the link (to monthly bundle) in the article and now when i open HB page i see this:

W0bfRtR.png

Also there was a text saying something like: "Thanks for supporting Eurogamer, you can choose how much money goes to Eurogamer every time you make a purchase on HB." or something similar to that.

My question is, how can i remove this from my HB account?

Ludens

Banned
There is an article on Eurogamer about humblebundle. I clicked on the link (to monthly bundle) in the article and now when i open HB page i see this:

W0bfRtR.png

Also there was a text saying something like: "Thanks for supporting Eurogamer, you can choose how much money goes to Eurogamer every time you make a purchase on HB." or something similar to that.

My question is, how can i remove this from my HB account?

That's a new way to do "charity".

Total Warhammer II will have a preload:

We're allowing those who have pre-ordered Total War: WARHAMMER II to pre-load the game at 5.30pm BST this evening. [25th]
[Source]
That's a preload window of about two days. And no word on the size, but it shouldn't be larger than 60GB, as per the requirements.

Hektor

Total Warhammer II will have a preload:

That's a preload window of about two days. And no word on the size, but it shouldn't be larger than 60GB, as per the requirements.

It's up and 40 gigs. Do you need to have installed TW1 to include its contents into TW2?

Aaron D.

Tho it's a testament to its quality that i burn out not on shitty fetchquest but on well designed, engaging content.

Apropos of nothing, I noticed an odd "you're doing it too well!" moment yesterday in the opening map of Fort Joy.

The entire map is just so dense with colors and architecture that I found myself getting a tad overwhelmed with the visual complexity. Kinda like staring into one of those
Artifex Mundi Hidden Object games or something. There's just so much going on in every part of the map that I kinda lose my bearings from time to time.

It was really weird. Not a bad thing or anything, just...strange.

Wonder if the overhead cam has anything to do with it.

It's up and 40 gigs. Do you need to have installed TW1 to include its contents into TW2?
Oh... er... I never thought to actually check the times. Whoops.

But, I don't think they've said; presumably yes. (Keep in mind this only matters for the Mortal Empires campaign which will be released some weeks post-launch. And further, the initial release of Mortal Empires won't include Norsca DLC content.)

Edit: It's only 25GB for me. Weird.

I miss my pc and won't be home for two or three more weeks ;-;

I hope the next surface book has a more modern gpu and I'll finally replace my Surface Pro 2. Couldn't return to a chunky format on the go

I think PoE follows the BG2 formula much more than Divinity, so I don't think it's honest to call it a BG2 successor. It is so different from the standard RPG design formula that it almost deserves a classification of it's own.
Personally I find it much better than BG 2 ever was but I never was a part of the "BG2 is the best RPG ever!!!!" crowd to begin with. It's competent and a landmark in design but it was outclassed by other games even back then.
Which ones?! I still find Balder's Gate 2 in a class of its own today in terms of encounter design and density of well designed quests. Pillars was mostly trash mobs in comparison and the writing only being serviceable. BG2's only flaw in my eyes(and to be fair it's a big one and forces use of a guide) is being based on old DnD. Meaning it wasn't designed for game design in any way and it's very possible to create utterly useless characters or waste points on abilities with no function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom