• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikurden

Currently playing King's Quest 2 and am enjoying it a lot more than KQ1. I guess the inclusion of a town and more NPCs to interact with helps.
The game still keeps the random enemy encounter though.

Dunno if you are aware, but I think there are more ways to get into an unwinnable state with that game than the first one may have had. One thing in particular comes to mind that can fuck you over without you knowing it for a long time -- guess I'll spoiler-tag it, just in case:
I don't think you can cross the rickety bridge any more than is absolutely necessary before it collapses.

EDIT: Top of page post for a 32-year-old game -- woo-hoo!

Phantom Dust is, as expected, dead online. And the frustrating part is that it doesn't have to be.

Just release the game on Steam. Give it a front page spotlight and boom.

This is the perfect look at why I put trust in the Steam platform. It's not that I'm some fanboy or a supporter of monopolies. It's that I want the games I like to have their best shot at sticking around.

I was not into PC gaming as my old PC was weak. The only game I extensively played was Fallout New Vegas. I still haven't finished it due to my love towards mod quests. Probably no incentive anymore as my current PC is much more powerful.

Now I mainly switch between Hitman and Mad Max. The former is for leisure and the other is for releasing stress.

dzkmnoO.png

Don't know if I can talk about console here, but... Nintendo Direct is coming.

pxLpsGc.gif

With Nintendo and steam, I will never run out of games to play. Gaming is a really nice hobby. We always have things to look forward to. Like, on 27th October, I can play Mario Odyssey, or Assassin's Creed Origin, or Wolfenstein 2 (provided that I have completed New Order and Old Blood). Everyone can get their fix. So awesome.

r3n4ud

Don't know if I can talk about console here, but... Nintendo Direct is coming.

pxLpsGc.gif

With Nintendo and steam, I will never run out of games to play. Gaming is a really nice hobby. We always have things to look forward to. Like, on 27th October, I can play Mario Odyssey, or Assassin's Creed Origin, or Wolfenstein 2 (provided that I have completed New Order and Old Blood). Everyone can get their fix. So awesome.
Oh man, I hear ya. Mario and Assassin's on the same day will be glorious. Wolfenstein will have to wait, however.

Tizoc

Dunno if you are aware, but I think there are more ways to get into an unwinnable state with that game than the first one may have had. One thing in particular comes to mind that can fuck you over without you knowing it for a long time -- guess I'll spoiler-tag it, just in case:
I don't think you can cross the rickety bridge any more than is absolutely necessary before it collapses.

EDIT: Top of page post for a 32-year-old game -- woo-hoo!
Woah
I am playing the fan vga remake so i wonder id that is in it still
Mind u i only walked on it twice so far :p

Vazduh

Phantom Dust is, as expected, dead online. And the frustrating part is that it doesn't have to be.

Just release the game on Steam. Give it a front page spotlight and boom.

This is the perfect look at why I put trust in the Steam platform. It's not that I'm some fanboy or a supporter of monopolies. It's that I want the games I like to have their best shot at sticking around.

I'd also love for it to release on Steam because I love having my games in one place.

fuzaco

I figured I'd check out Paladins. Enjoyed Smite, and Paladins seemed like it could be okay?
Boy. That's not a very good game!

What didn't you like? I think it's pretty fun, although I stopped playing both Smite and Paladins since I got PUBG.

Halloween Sale is my favorite sale of the year.

If you like horror games, a number of horror developers put their games cheaper during the Halloween sale than either the Summer or Winter Sales (or in some cases will put their game on sale during that sale but not the others, I've seen happen some weird experiences, though the opposite is also true of some titles)..

I remember buying Zombi for €5 during the last Halloween Sale, and it hasn't been as low since then, if I'm not mistaken.

Rizzi

What didn't you like? I think it's pretty fun, although I stopped playing both Smite and Paladins since I got PUBG.

Very difficult to actually tell what the hell is happening on screen, and every character seems like they have too many abilities. Also the card system seems kind of.. crap.

madjoki

Agents of Mayhem Patch v1.03 just released, patch note seems pretty solid and update size is 8.6 gb, glad to see this game is not abandoned completely. Also, it's nice excuse to post more screens from this game here
Sorry Bernardo, that Harley Quinn skin was in some digital deluxe preorder edition that i don't have, despite having retail key with preorder DLC.

Rizzi

Agents of Mayhem Patch v1.03 just released, patch note seems pretty solid and update size is 8.6 gb, glad to see this game is not abandoned completely. Also, it's nice excuse to post more screens from this game here

Sorry Bernardo, that Harley Quinn skin was in some digital deluxe preorder edition that i don't have, despite having retail key with preorder DLC.

Does it run less like complete garbage yet?

Does it run less like complete garbage yet?
Unfortunately, i can't say much about this because after GPU upgrade I'm getting rock solid framerate. But i'll look at steam forums for impressions, it's still too early to tell if patch really fixed anything, people with shitty connections like mine need to download it.

Deques

Not a good start, most of hese have been bundle like 10 times before.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/best-of-indie-legends-2-bundle

Best of Indie Legends 2 Bundle - C$4.39 / $3.49 / £3.29 / 3,59 €
- Party Hard
- SpeedRunners
- Door Kickers
- Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
- The Fall
- Cook, Serve, Delicious!
- Sir, You Are Being Hunted
- CastleStorm

It's really strange. They usually start their bundlefest with a great bundle. But none of the bundles are really great

Parsnip

I really wish ppl on ignore completely disapeared, I always end up still checking what they said because im too curious and I just get angry
I do that too, but I don't get angry. Usually I just think that yeah, I put that person on my ignore list for a reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, you needed to pre-order the game digitally in order to get those skins. That could very well become more common going forward as publishers continue to battle key resellers.

RMrTZgMh.png

PvZ & Bookworm came from years ago when I only had a shitty laptop. I feel like the Dead Island number was inflated by a former roommate of mine, too (as I mostly played that on the 360).

Also, why is Subnautica showing up at the top instead of around Deadly Premonition?

MUnited83

For you.
Not a good start, most of hese have been bundle like 10 times before.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/best-of-indie-legends-2-bundle

Best of Indie Legends 2 Bundle - C$4.39 / $3.49 / £3.29 / 3,59 €
- Party Hard
- SpeedRunners
- Door Kickers
- Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
- The Fall
- Cook, Serve, Delicious!
- Sir, You Are Being Hunted
- CastleStorm
Well, at least it's a bundle full of good games. Not a bad deal at all if you're new to bundles/steam.
Yeah, you needed to pre-order the game digitally in order to get those skins. That could very well become more common going forward as publishers continue to battle key resellers.
Joke's on them, now i want the game less :(

Hektor

I just played 2 hours of The Surge. Going by the variety in those first two hours, i feel like i've already seen everything the game has to offer, cos there was none.

There were three different enemy types (the guys in mechsuits are techncially many different types, but they all look and play pretty much the same, so whatever)

The environments were all construction works, and the second area i entered was too. The thing with those is, that they aren't even interesting to begin with. It's not something to grow tired of, it's never been good in the first place.

The gameplay with a heavy.... thingy was also fairly benign. I could just mash most enemies to death without even dodging or blocking because they were stunlocked 24/7.

Only the one boss and fighting multiple enemies at once requried some thought.

It's definitely a step up compared to the two hours i've played of Lords of the Fallen, but it's still not enough to get me to continue playing this game.

I just played 2 hours of The Surge. Going by the variety in those first two hours, i feel like i've already seen everything the game has to offer, cos there was none.

There were three different enemy types (the guys in mechsuits are techncially many different types, but they all look and play pretty much the same, so whatever)

The environments were all construction works, and the second area i entered was too. The thing with those is, that they aren't even interesting to begin with. It's not something to grow tired of, it's never been good in the first place.

The gameplay with a heavy.... thingy was also fairly benign. I could just mash most enemies to death without even dodging or blocking because they were stunlocked 24/7.

Only the one boss and fighting multiple enemies at once requried some thought.

It's definitely a step up compared to the two hours i've played of Lords of the Fallen, but it's still not enough to get me to continue playing this game.

I see where you are coming from, there really isnt much variety in anything, but I found the combat really satisfying and personally I enjoyed it more than Dark Souls. (I know Dark Souls is the better game)

Dump Rat Queens and pick up New Vegas.

I could never dump my Queens.

I tried to play New Vegas twice before, once on 360 but I was stoned out of my gourd on antidepressants which made doing stuff difficult, and I played a bit on my old laptop as well.

Doesn't New Vegas have issues on Windows 10? Otherwise I may give it another shot.

Have you heard of our lord and saviour Chloe Price?

I loved the original Life is Strange, and I preordered the deluxe of this one. I haven't played it yet because my IRL friends wanted me to stream and I haven't had much time off lately.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I really want Before the Storm, but I don't think I could handle the months long wait between episodes. :( I played the first game all in one go.

Ganado

I actually bought this game on GamesPlanet without revealing the keys just in case they still would release it, just like Deep Silver usually do. They automatically revealed the keys now though so I guess I just have to activate it.

Also, does anyone know the name of a Game Dev Story clone that had 3D graphics and was in Early Access? Checked my wishlist but I couldn't find it...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I rarely make threads but im tempted to make a LTTP: SF4/5 mods thread because apparently i've been living under a rock.

Holy shit at some of these mods people do, back in my day (early USSF4 days) it was just reskins, but apparently there are actual 3d model mods and shit, Cody as Link (complete with Master Sword instead of knife lol), Poison as Bayonetta, and of course the popular Cammy as Tracer in SF5.

Damn people are talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom