• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Someone did an anonymous giveaway of 3 games but messed up the formatting so it showed up like Warhammer and three mystery games. If you entered for this, I've deleted your entries and the giveaway and been in PM contact with the person who set up the giveaway. Feel free to re-enter if a new giveaway is posted.

Sharing my top 10 most played. I also have 1,500+ on Team Fortress 2 but most of that was idling.
daQ1OUK.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer End Times Vermintide -- MB-7719AE4CC60F6332 - Taken by abelasabel. 11 entrants total.
The Banner Saga 2 -- MB-5B12C09DBBF5DF01 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 40 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-153658F201C786BF - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.

t1505162106z1.png

sadblob

Continuing with my (full of success) playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles, I spent 4 chapters without upgrading my equipment because I didn't realize the upgrade tree kept going down.

Also I'm starting to develop the "one more battle" syndrome.

Anno

Heat Signature, the next game by Tom Francis of Gunpoint fame, was just announced as launching next Thursday the 21st. So add another rad game to September 2017.

Before the Storm ep 1 was really good! All of my concerns about the different studio and different actress were for nothing. I can't wait to play the rest of it.

Also, since we're doing this...

Lots of WRPGs, multiplayer shooters, and their overlap (sorta.)

Dump Rat Queens and pick up New Vegas.
I-Should-Buy-A-Boat-Cat.jpg

".....

I should read Rat Queens."

I rarely make threads but im tempted to make a LTTP: SF4/5 mods thread because apparently i've been living under a rock.

Holy shit at some of these mods people do, back in my day (early USSF4 days) it was just reskins, but apparently there are actual 3d model mods and shit, Cody as Link (complete with Master Sword instead of knife lol), Poison as Bayonetta, and of course the popular Cammy as Tracer in SF5.

Damn people are talented.
For sure, I never delved into the SF4/SFxT mods because the games were ugly regardless, but the stuff for SF5 is pretty insane and has been made ridiculously easy to slot in and out.

Amzin

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an alternative to GameSave Manager? I've been using it for a while but it's returning an error every time it runs now - and the log cuts short before the error so I don't know what's causing it. Trying to manually go through the game list to sort it out is absurdly slow to the point where I'd be better off just trying something new.

Rizzi

Gods help me I'm downloading Black Desert Online. I am that starved for an mmo that doesn't make me feel dead inside.

MadGear

Gods help me I'm downloading Black Desert Online. I am that starved for an mmo that doesn't make me feel dead inside.

I have been curious about that one as well but the way people described the games open world PvP to me really didn't do it any favors. I might still give it a shot at some point tho.

Wok

CSD2 in 2 days for $13.

Heat Signature, the next game by Tom Francis of Gunpoint fame, was just announced as launching next Thursday the 21st. So add another rad game to September 2017.

This is the new trend: announcing a date ten days before the actual release...

Anyway, good news!

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm always impressed at how people can play idk l4d2 for like 3000 hours

like if u played that much u must've beaten that game in expert in like every level like a million times

i can barely do like normal

Tizoc

like if u played that much u must've beaten that game in expert in like every level like a million times

How many hours have you spent in leauge?

CSD2 in 2 days for $13.

This is the new trend: announcing a date ten days before the actual release...

Anyway, good news!
Ohh, I really should finish the first then...

And I'm down for whatever Tom Francis is peddlin'.

They're probably playing versus to dunk that much time into it. I mostly stuck to the campaigns when friends tried to rope me into it but I generally found it tedious to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
How many hours have you spent in leauge?
leauge[sic] is competitive, you can spend thousands of hours and still be mediocre like me

They're probably playing versus to dunk that much time into it. I mostly stuck to the campaigns when friends tried to rope me into it but I generally found it tedious to play.
i never really liked versus, i don't like playing as the zombies and i feel the odds are stuck against u if you're a survivor

i always forget it exists

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer -- MB-E9E231C21774C6C8
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7719AE4CC60F6332 - Taken by abelasabel. 11 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-5B12C09DBBF5DF01 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 40 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-153658F201C786BF - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.

t1505160543z1.png

Nabs

L4D VS is some of the most fun I've had in gaming. It also helped me make a ton of gaf friends that I don't hate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
L4D VS is some of the most fun I've had in gaming. It also helped me make a ton of gaf friends that I don't hate.

you dont have a ton of gaf friends that you dont hate

Jadax

There are so many old-school multiplayer games that I still remember every part of - they were that fun to play with friends.

From the likes of galactic battlegrounds, to sc1, to f22 raptor and css. LAN gaming was just so much more fun back then.

Don't think I've ever had as much fun playing games since. Maybe growing up just kills some parts of gaming. Maybe games now just aren't as 'new' as they were back then.

Knurek

Started Nier: A Tomato
Half an hour later, started Nier: A Tomato again.
Luckily, another half an hour later I reached a save point.
Fuck you Yoko Taro

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer End Times Vermintide -- MB-7719AE4CC60F6332 - Taken by abelasabel. 11 entrants total.
The Banner Saga 2 -- MB-5B12C09DBBF5DF01 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 40 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-153658F201C786BF - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.

t1505162106z1.png

Great lists so far, but here is the correct one.

Nothing special really. There are a lot of games I would like to see on there instead of FO4, Skyrim and MGSV. I don't necessarily regret my time with them, but they aren't exactly among my top 20 games, or even top 100.

Nabs

Store Page now says Available: 2017

Announcement: http://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1441571497990560200

Hello Everyone,

We regret to inform everyone that the release date for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on PC has been pushed back due to continued efforts in improving gameplay quality.

We sincerely apologize to our fans who have been looking forward to this release. Ultimately, our goal is for fans to enjoy a high-quality game. We are providing the extra care in the PC development of the game by taking time to enhance the overall quality of gameplay.

If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like to get a refund, please use the link provided below for instructions on requesting a refund:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966&l=

For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.

A new release date will be announced as soon as it is available.

Thank you for your time, support, and patience with this matter.

Best,
NISA Team

zkylon

zkylewd
Started Nier: A Tomato
Half an hour later, started Nier: A Tomato again.
Luckily, another half an hour later I reached a save point.
Fuck you Yoko Taro
sadly nier 2 has a couple really frustrating time wasting traps like those

i really don't know what they were thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom