• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

sadly nier 2 has a couple really frustrating time wasting traps like those

i really don't know what they were thinking
tumblr_static_343vbasc86skwg4sww8k8gks8.png

Are there any good mods for Watch Dogs that let you selectively remove UI elements? I'm about to go off looking for some. I need a little wider FOV as well. Even the hacking puzzle is too close to the camera.

It's crazy how Ubisoft this game is, complete with unlikable protagonist.

fuzaco

Got a press release from NISA that Ys VIII was delayed for PC due to quality concerns.

I just bought and preloaded it a few hours ago so I can play tomorrow when I get home from work. This sucks, but I guess it's better than getting a broken port. Why leave this to the last minute though?

Oh well, still got Cold Steel to finish anyway. I just hope it comes out in a few weeks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would love to be this good at a videogame one day instead of just being mediocre at bunch of them.

I know I know he's probably an actual drummer but the point stands.

One of my new years resolution was to try and get actually good at a fighting game, like go into practice mode and train combos and shit, at the time with SF5 in mind but, well that sure didnt happen.

Maybe with Marvel :/

bbd23

damn. Ys doesn't even have an official date anymore.

and I was really thinking about picking it up for when my party cant get together for some original sin 2. oh well. hopefully they fix the issues.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kinda lazy too, i really liked a few ones like
turning off ur OS
, but the ones that make u replay long parts of tedious gameplay are really really bad...

Platinum likes to frustrate
that's true, there's a bullshit element like that in like every single one of their games

or in the case of metal gear revengeance, there's only bullshit elements :>

Youtube disagrees.

kKdNTlE.png

yeah i asked my friend who's a drummer the same question the other day and he said he can't play rockband cos it's so different from real drums and he can't help himself from playing the actual beatles songs or whatever. also that he has an easier time on harder difficulties cos they're less "abstracted" from the real music

After finishing Ys Seven, I was itching for more and decided to finally beat Ys VI. Man, I was really looking forward to play Ys VIII tomorrow.

Zeneric

Oct is nearing. Oct will be one of awesome months of the year for me. Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2 (still need to do the DLCs for the first game), and Destiny 2 (PC version). Fuck yes.

That is probably also true.
Trust.
Oct is nearing. Oct will be one of awesome months of the year for me. Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2 (still need to do the DLCs for the first game), and Destiny 2 (PC version). Fuck yes.
I wanted Wolfenstein and The Evil Within 2... Might just get one though because I also will be playing Mario Odyssey!
I wanna know who we should blame more, Marvel or Capcom? Marvel couldn't help finance it?
Capcom has completely lost track of what makes themselves great with few exceptions.

Hope Ys 7 gets patched to support any resolution soon, been a few weeks and nothing. Feel like the blog post about it was full of shit, oh it doesn't have as many options as Cold Steel but it supports what you'd expect on pc *1080p lock, no driver based msaa with only God awful fxaa*

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am loving these origin character videos Divinity: OS 2 has been putting out. I WANT TO HAVE ALL OF THEM IN MY PARTY. Why isn't there enough room? :sadface

Does Divinity OS 2 still have the system where you create two characters and choose the responses for each? As someone who has never met anyone else who enjoys crpgs and doesn't really have the time to do hours long coop sessions for massive games I just wasn't able to roleplay voting against who I considered my main in the first game so I had created characters constantly agreeing with each other.

Anno

I am loving these origin character videos Divinity: OS 2 has been putting out. I WANT TO HAVE ALL OF THEM IN MY PARTY. Why isn't there enough room? :sadface

I think the original game was modded out to six characters. Wouldn't be surprised if this is too, though who knows if all the story reactivity would still work.

Does Divinity OS 2 still have the system where you create two characters and choose the responses for each? As someone who has never met anyone else who enjoys crpgs and doesn't really have the time to do hours long coop sessions for massive games I just wasn't able to roleplay voting against who I considered my main in the first game so I had created characters constantly agreeing with each other.

No. You now create one character and R/P/S is gone. Though in the first you could give one character an AI type so you didn't need to choose options for both.

Hope Ys 7 gets patched to support any resolution soon, been a few weeks and nothing. Feel like the blog post about it was full of shit, oh it doesn't have as many options as Cold Steel but it supports what you'd expect on pc *1080p lock, no driver based msaa with only God awful fxaa*

Well the studio who ported Ys 7 to PC are from Japan, named "Hyde". I'm guessing it's going to take a little bit more time compared to when XSEED's Sara or Durante have to patch something up.

Nordicus

So, roughly a month ago, Eternal Card Game frontloaded its daily ladder grind rewards, making card collection faster for casual players while making it harder to grind for draft runs at a decent rate, which left me feeling a bit sore despite enjoying the game still. Just that I was kinda getting worried they'll keep reducing rewards in various places for long time players without substitute.

Then today they suddenly added retroactively functional faction progression system.

When I start the game up, suddenly I get 24 card packs and lots of other shit, and I'm barely 25% through that reward system in total.
Good to know my concerns were proven wrong. Going for those premium player avatars is tempting.

FLD

So, uh... turbo mode is kind of ridiculous. I finished Cold Steel Friday evening, then I started new game plus on nightmare Saturday afternoon and finished it just a few minutes ago.

1m8ozRp.png

It's kinda crazy how much downtime these games have. I still kinda feel like I wouldn't want to use turbo mode for a first playthrough but I'm really glad Sara implemented it in the Sky trilogy because I don't think I could go back to playing those at normal speed. It makes the prospect of replaying SC and 3rd for achievements much less daunting.

Anyway, my plan was to try and wrap up Cold Steel in time for Ys VIII but so much for that. :(

Adnor

Banned
You shouldn't be allowed to post in AnimeGAF thread (this one) if your most played list doesn't look like this (ignore the top one) :p

8e0925a3c9.jpg

EDIT: you should also have at least one banned game on it! (i have two)

I have none of those games, not even AoE2 :V

D:OS2 is so close I can feel it. FEEL IT.

Maybe not the right place to ask this year but steam related (posted in the BST thread but doing it again right after this). Needing help buying bundles atm will give $8 paypal upfront (hopefully bundle stars and cubic bundle can be paid with paypal balance) for $7 worth of stuff only real work is revealing and sending me keys I want and the extra $1 and whatever keys are left over are yours

FLD

With turbo mode I could probably beat trails in the sky sc in like 15 hours 🤔

I think that's roughly how long it took me to speedrun Cold Steel, although it was NG+ so I was fast-forwarding through all the story cutscenes. If you only use it to speed up combat you're probably still looking at a reasonably lengthy game. SC took me like 75h normally, so I guess maybe somewhere around 50-60h?

giphy.gif

Some bundle spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

7 Wonders Ancient Alien Makeover -- MB-93FD08F14A9EBDE9 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Discovery A Seek and Find Adventure -- MB-C76E166384C0B831 - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.
HunieCam Studio -- MB-76A4A7FD05CBD820 - Taken by Endruen. 8 entrants total.
Little Farm -- MB-3C6470241FAFD038 - Taken by yoshizzle. 2 entrants total.
Luxor 2 HD -- MB-B2AB99B02B357FF5 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Luxor 5th Passage -- MB-32C98FD66DC109AC - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Luxor Evolved -- MB-3B6788E716D83175 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries 3 Devil on the Mississippi -- MB-60C4F3C33041BFDF - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries 4 Haunted Houdini -- MB-043D1DCD57EC7BF4 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials -- MB-9AA708C266EFCC5F - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Pickers -- MB-5A5F166057446127 - Taken by MaxiLive. 2 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-4A6F25058C05B87E - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama -- MB-FCAA5A66697AC9FE - Taken by abelasabel. 1 entrants total.

t1505184804z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom