• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

For most games, the product of the base price and number of owners should be proportional to the revenue generated by a game. Based on this criteria, the best money machines would be:
  1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. Left 4 Dead 2
  4. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  5. ARK: Survival Evolved
  6. Counter-Strike: Source
  7. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  9. Portal 2
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

If we limit the ranking to games released in the past 48 days (I don't have an easy way to find the release date of a game, so I compare today's Steam catalog to what it was the last time I downloaded it, and it was 48 days ago):
  1. F1 2017
  2. Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
  3. Foxhole
  4. Sine Mora EX
  5. Citadel: Forged with Fire
  6. Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition
  7. Fate/EXTELLA
  8. Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition
  9. Quake Champions
  10. West of Loathing

This is biased, as the Enhanced Edition and Lightspeed Edition appear in the list mostly thanks to the userbase of the Vanilla Editions.

AlanOC91

posting here to see if I get any help:

Guys,

I got the steam link so I can do some couch gaming here and there.
I am very frustrated by the device.

I have a very good gaming PC (ryzen 5 1600 overclocked, GTX 1080, 16gb RAM 3200) at 1440p on my gaming monitor.

I just set up my steam link. I connected via etherned cable, and is still bad. the menu seems fine, but sometimes the screen just freezes, and take several seconds for it to become responsive. I can hear the sound of the menu, but the screen freezes. sometimes I can load the game, but then it might take 1-2 minutes for the screen to change.

I tried wireless, wired and still the same crap. There is nothing wrong with my router or modem, I use the same setup with all my devices (ps4, xbox one, switch, netflix), and I am able to stream 4k just fine for example. really fast internet.

SO, it is not my gaming PC(very good hardware), it is not my internet connection (other devices work fine), so is the steam link faulty?

PS: when I test the connection (either wired or wireless), this is the message I got: "network test complete, frame loss 100%, network time 0.0 ms, variance 0.00ms. Your network may not work well with steam link, please use wired network for best experience"

HELP guys.

Shot in the dark but this sounds similar to my "Any Controllers + Steam = Crash" issue.

Do you have corsair utility engine installed?

Phawx

Did you guys ever wonder, what if people kept making 90's games?

Well wonder no more:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570970/ARENA_an_Age_of_Barbarians_story/

1XzMFgS.gif

Lain

Woke up just now, saw the pricetag on Aceel World and I went whyyyyyy?!?!. Now I'm second guessing myself on buying it or waiting.

Amzin

Sounds like it was fixed already. It raises concerns but honestly, I think this kind of flux happens on Wiki all the time in different communities, just usually left up to them to make sure it gets sorted fairly.

Even with pretty low player base nowadays (5k max daily cc), matchmaking in The Division still took 5 seconds or so tonight.

I jumped around between hubs to tackle the wanted missions and dailies, and most of them are still filled with people hanging around.
Though apparently, it's full of Chinese now.
I guess I wouldn't have to worry about Destiny 2 PC player base even a year later.

zkylon

zkylewd
But that mission was the best in the entirety of XCOM1. Going in it for the first time, not knowing what you're about to face and then having
Chrysalids coming out of freakin everywhere was scary AF. I remember i lost 2 of my best men back then

They added it into XCOM2 for most, but not all missions. Personally i prefer not exactly knowing what you're about to face, that makes it more thrilling and it forces you to develop tactics on the run rather than prepping yourself perfectly.

Unfortunately
Chryssalids
in general aren't particularily scary in XCOM2 cos those were nightmare creatures in XCOM1 and ye olde X-COM.
idk, it just felt cheap to me cos i send a couple rookies thinking it'd be a normal mission and turned to be this one of a kind thing that got all my veterans dead. i also replayed the mission and it's WAY easier if you climb
on top of the ship instead of going the normal route i took which made replaying it much easier (aside from having to navigate using the pretty broken height levels system)

it was also immediately followed by an exalt mission and an attack on the base so i was like, overwhelmed by new mission types which is not great encounter design imo. thankfully the latter weren't as high of a difficulty spike

Is that the Newfoundland mission? It's... an experience, for sure. A whale of a tale.

XCOM 2 handles the scripted "quest" missions a lot better than 1, IMO. 1's are completely scripted in a way that feels cheap, with unexpected reinforcements or other gimmicks that you'll never know ahead of time, whereas XCOM 2's are twists on existing missions. I think the improvement comes down to the random level generation mostly.
i just wish i was told this was a big ass mission so i'd know to bring the big crew or upgraded everyone to lasers, etc.

Uh,..no?

I think it was clearly a smart design choice to let everyone be able to see the content, they just did the same thing every AAA designer did and labelled 'easy' as 'normal' so players don't feel bad about playing on easy. :p
you've got a point

Monooboe

Oh yeah! Got my Steam controller today, I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised with it, felt better than I expected. Granted I've only tried playing Civ 6 but it worked even browsing SteamGAF.:D That has to be fullcircle or something.

Need to try out some more regular games where a regular controller is the norm.

Oh yeah! Got my Steam controller today, I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised with it, felt better than I expected. Granted I've only tried playing Civ 6 but it worked even browsing SteamGAF.:D That has to be fullcircle or something.

Need to try out some more regular games where a regular controller is the norm.

I bought one a few weeks back, I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. It's great for slow moving stuff, Telltales, strategy games etc... but in action games it doesn't feel right. The ABXY buttons require too much thumb movement but the shoulder buttons are particularily fantastic, the triggers good and the back 'paddles' are useful.

Jawmuncher

I'm still curious who at Capcom went

"You know what'll sell? Okami that game that has sold like shit 5 times already".

"You know what won't sell? Code Veronica X HD"

Like i'm certain at this point there is someone higher up who just loves Okami and will do whatever they can for the franchise even if it's just ports.

Amzin

I never got to play Okami so glad it's getting this treatment. Kinda funny it actually finally makes it to PC when I just bought a PS4 last week :p

"You know what'll sell? Okami that game that has sold like shit 5 times already".

Like i'm certain at this point there is someone higher up who just loves Okami and will do whatever they can for the franchise even if it's just ports.

But a Code Veronica X HD wouldn't sell.

Monooboe

I bought one a few weeks back, I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. It's great for slow moving stuff, Telltales, strategy games etc... but in action games it doesn't feel right. The ABXY buttons require too much thumb movement but the shoulder buttons are particularily fantastic, the triggers good and the back 'paddles' are useful.

Mm I was little worried about that, that it might not be that good for fast action stuff, but I don't usually play real action games, so if it can work well with something like open world games then I'm happy, or at least FPS games.

Arthea

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be 4 Times Bigger than Witcher 3 [rumor]
"The leaked information seems legit as CD Projekt is known for bigger game worlds, example Witcher 3."
http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-4-times-bigger-than-witcher-3/

wat ��

can somebody think about childr busy people?

I also think big worlds is not overly positive thing, you can lose track of what you are doing too easily there, and then you are too lazy to search for what was the point and drop the game, right?

Okami is Art tho, it deserves all releases and praises it gets, they only need to let me skip that intro this time around,
pls.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there any chance that Wet would ever get a PC release?

From a technical stand point, it could easily happen. Behaviour has all the source code and has a set-up for working on PC ports.

It's everything else, like apathy from them and Bethesda, toward the game that prevents it and makes it extremely unlikely. Which is a shame, as I really loved the game once I unlocked it's one-hit kill (for you and enemies) difficulty mode and it became a really fun action game. Sadly most people never got that difficulty mode unlocked and had to sit through a bullet sponge game that annoyed more people than it endeared them to even with it's grindhouse aesthetic trying to make up for it.

Ladekabel

West RPG people of SteamGAF, I need your advice. I'm trying continuing my way into the genre. I have finished Divinity: Original Sin with a friend in coop (although in the lowest difficulty but I don't care) and am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins UE (in the Awakening campaign though also on the lowest difficulty but I still don't care). In the past I also finished the first Witcher and had fun.

Where do I go from here? What would be not too unforgiving? I have Pillars of Eternity from the Humble Monthly back then and probably something else on GOG.

Arthea

West RPG people of SteamGAF, I need your advice. I'm trying continuing my way into the genre. I have finished Divinity: Original Sin with a friend in coop (although in the lowest difficulty but I don't care) and am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins UE (in the Awakening campaign though also on the lowest difficulty but I still don't care). In the past I also finished the first Witcher and had fun.

Where do I go from here? What would be not too unforgiving? I have Pillars of Eternity from the Humble Monthly back then and probably something else on GOG.

you could play Arcanum, as far as I can remember it's fairly easy and an amazing game too, a tad old though, you probably have it on gog, if not you should, it also is available on steam now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Code Veronica has Steve in it, and I think someone at Capcom really hates him.

Also we need a Ōkamiden port too.

Anno

If you already have PoE that would be a good place to start. It's as good an introduction as you're going to get to the Infinity Engine games like Baldurs Gate, Plancescape and Icewind Dale.

Also pick up Shadowrun:Dragonfall from the current Humble sale and play through that.

Knurek

Might & Magic X
Mass Effect series
Pillars of Eternity on Story Mode
Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong
Second and third Witcher games

Zeneric

Even with pretty low player base nowadays (5k max daily cc), matchmaking in The Division still took 5 seconds or so tonight.

I jumped around between hubs to tackle the wanted missions and dailies, and most of them are still filled with people hanging around.

Though apparently, it's full of Chinese now.

I guess I wouldn't have to worry about Destiny 2 PC player base even a year later.

You made me reinstall The Division. Curse you.

Tomasety

In addition to the previous post recommendations, you may also want to check:

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I/II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom