• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladekabel

you could play Arcanum, as far as I can remember it's fairly easy and an amazing game too, a tad old though, you probably have it on gog, if not you should, it also is available on steam now.

If you already have PoE that would be a good place to start. It's as good an introduction as you're going to get to the Infinity Engine games like Baldurs Gate, Plancescape and Icewind Dale.

Also pick up Shadowrun:Dragonfall from the current Humble sale and play through that.

Might & Magic X
Mass Effect series
Pillars of Eternity on Story Mode
Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong
Second and third Witcher games

In addition to the previous post recommendations, you may also want to check:

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I/II

Thanks for the recommendations!

Already have played the other two Witcher games and like them.

Own the Shadowrun series and probably will play through them soon. Divinity: OS2 will also be soon. Also own both Kotors but might postpone them until Episode IX.

Been eyeing M&MX, Vampire, and Arcanum for quite some time now. Will buy them sooner than later.

One day I might be ready for the classics. I take I would want the Enhanced Editions.

Annubis

Thanks for the recommendations!

Already have played the other two Witcher games and like them.

Own the Shadowrun series and probably will play through them soon. Divinity: OS2 will also be soon. Also own both Kotors but might postpone them until Episode IX.

Been eyeing M&MX, Vampire, and Arcanum for quite some time now. Will buy them sooner than later.

One day I might be ready for the classics. I take I would want the Enhanced Editions.

If you end up going Arcanum, let me warn you that that game didn't age well at all.

West RPG people of SteamGAF, I need your advice. I'm trying continuing my way into the genre. I have finished Divinity: Original Sin with a friend in coop (although in the lowest difficulty but I don't care) and am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins UE (in the Awakening campaign though also on the lowest difficulty but I still don't care). In the past I also finished the first Witcher and had fun.

Where do I go from here? What would be not too unforgiving? I have Pillars of Eternity from the Humble Monthly back then and probably something else on GOG.

If real-time blobbers are OK, then I would recommend Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2.
The first one is the best, IMO, but they are both pretty good.

And both are on sale at Humble at the moment:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/legend-of-grimrock
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/legend-of-grimrock-2

AHA-Lambda

Oh god Heat Signature is now a surprise September release?

Slow down guys, August and September have been a bloodbath of releases for me D:
Looking forward to the fall where I'm not interested in many of the releases, got too much to play xD

Jawmuncher

But what about an Okami 2? :D

Maybe if the series can manage to sell a million with it's 4th attempt at life.

----

Yes I am forever salty with how Okami gets treated despite not even being anywhere on the capcom platinum sellers or one of capcoms platinum franchises. Darksiders sneaks into that category as well with all the crossovers it gets.

Knurek

Glad to finally get it out in the open today :). May Amaterasu bless you!

We'e getting Shu Takumi Legacy collection next, right?
Please say we do

Also, please pass this on to QLOC, it's extremely important they see this:

Ludzie, nie róbcie sobie jaj, wypuszczanie gry na PC w 2017, która chodzi tylko w 30 klatkach to masakryczna porażka i czysta kompromitacja.

Tizoc

Thanks for all the great pc support mate
But with okami releasing so late in the year
Can we expect other releases from capcom in the meantime? Other than mvc?

Ludens

Banned
Thanks for all the great pc support mate
But with okami releasing so late in the year
Can we expect other releases from capcom in the meantime? Other than mvc?

I think there won't be other releases, we are on September now, three months to go for 2018.

FoneBone

Asura's Wrath next, please... there are dozens of us who would buy it. :'-(

I don't think people would buy a port of Wet on anything.

I'd buy it... the acrobatic gunplay looks fun, and I like the grindhouse aesthetic. But I can't imagine there's anywhere near enough of a fanbase to justify any new ports of the game.

Lain

the what now? OK, I guess I won't be playing this one too

Il4c.png

Jawmuncher

If we went by total sales being importance out of those above it'd go

Ace Attorney - 6.4 million
Dino Crisis - 4.4 million
Breath of Fire - 3.2 million

But how capcom chooses what they port and put in crossovers is beyond me since it sure as hell ain't by franchise sales

If we went by total sales being importance out of those above it'd go

Ace Attorney - 6.4 million
Dino Crisis - 4.4 million
Breath of Fire - 3.2 million

But how capcom chooses what they port and put in crossovers is beyond me since it sure as hell ain't by franchise sales

Source material is important too I think. All the ports we got for now were from MT Framework.

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be 4 Times Bigger than Witcher 3 [rumor]
"The leaked information seems legit as CD Projekt is known for bigger game worlds, example Witcher 3."
http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-4-times-bigger-than-witcher-3/

wat 🤔

The game will have dynamic destructible areas.

The Witcher 3 world was already copy-pasted to all hell. It is not as bad with a natural environment but with a Cyberpunk world, ehh. Would prefer one big ass city.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As much as I love Okami, I've been very lukewarm to Capcom and I already own Okami HD so... I'll get it on Sale.

Tizoc

Is red faction armageddon worthnplaying nowadays? Is the gunplay at least good? I enjoyed rage's gunplay so if armageddon's tood enough i could get it

fuzaco

Maybe if the series can manage to sell a million with it's 4th attempt at life.

----

Yes I am forever salty with how Okami gets treated despite not even being anywhere on the capcom platinum sellers or one of capcoms platinum franchises. Darksiders sneaks into that category as well with all the crossovers it gets.

Yeah, but it's the only good Capcom game, and it looks like they know it.

TheTrain

Pretty neat though how is this verse gamesave manager?

This is his response, he hasn't been approved on NeoGaf yet:

I've done all backup manually for a long time. I've tried in various occasion to use GameSave Manager but (while admitting it is a great program) I simply don't like it on almost every aspect:

- The GUI is simply too filled of useless button, and it show too much element I found very annoying (why I have to see the log EVERY time I do a backup? Who cares?). RSS Feed? Autoupdate?

- It has the classic approach "backup all at once", that I really dislike: I want to backup ONLY my most recent city on SimCity4, not do everytime the backup of A Virus Named Tom. And I don't want to select/deselect this every damned time and press useless buttons of directory and save locations.

- Configuring it to do backups, scheduling and sync is requiring too much time fiddling with settings, even for doing simple things. Than I have to format and...I have to configure it again just because it has so much annoying options...

- The damned service that run in background. It's the most shady things ever. Also it filled my hard drive of useless backup (I didn't played this week, but it has created anyway tons of MB of archives).

This is one of the reasons for me to create (initially) a simple utility for personal use with extra things I found useful (Rewind function, offline & online sync that work together, more organized savedata collections, automatic screenshot managing, less configuration time and less button for doing the same damned things) and quickly become bigger and bigger.

I like to play emulated games, and Linux is missing any useful utility so...I think would be a good idea the raise the goal and keep all these worlds together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom