• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

I have not played draft in months, because I am not sure I understand how it works now.
If I remember right, after the second set was introduced, one draft out of two is with the first set, and one draf out of two is with the second set, so players who have 100% of the first set and 0% of the second set are completely owned. Is that right?

Rewards are nice though. It looks like I am really experienced with the blue color. I don't understand how my level with purple is so high, yet my experience is so low.
Yeah, the draft sets go 2-1-2-1, so in that regard, collecting Set 2 card-for-card through drafting is half as slow as it used to be although the set itself is half the size so it should even out. Or I would say that if any of the reward chests gave Set 2 packs right now. That's the change that actually stings, in a 7 win draft, you will have received 5 Set 1 packs and two Set 2 packs of cards.

So the most efficient way to collect Set 2 is to play in Events whenever they show up or spend your gold on packs.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there any chance that Wet would ever get a PC release?

I'd be really surprised if anyone would ever go back and port it, and who knows where or what the source is like at this point. Maybe if someone at Night Dive really loved it for some reason?

Rizzi

Played a little more Quake Champions. I'll eat my own hat if that game ever actually gets out of early access and is popular.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any chance that Wet would ever get a PC release?

A very slim one. Even if Skyrim Switch does well, I imagine Bethesda's takeaway will be "There's money to be made in porting Skyrim" and not the more general "There's money to be made in porting games to other platforms".

Id buy it. It's on my list of last-gen games i'd totally play on PC but can't be arsed to buy a used console copy of. Right there next to Bullet Witch and Neverdead.

I have played Bullet Witch. I still remember some enemies, bad graphics and janky animation. Some design choices are indeed interesting. You should probably play it if you can find a cheap copy.

So, I happened to land up on the Steam support page that lists all your tickets from when they still used the old system and I thought it was sort of interesting.

Steam Support has a famously bad reputation for being slow and unhelpful but my experience with them has been quite positive. Here's a screenshot of the page (you can find your own page at this URL)

MSmkRh4.png

In most cases, the ticket was resolved within 2-4 days. I underlined the 4 cases where it took longer.

The purple line was the ticket where I requested a refund for From Dust. The game was notoriously broken when it launched and I had tried to get a refund which was denied at the time. A few days later, Ubisoft realized that the situation was becoming a bit of a shitstorm and actually authorized refunds from Steam and other places. That's when Steam support re-opened my ticket and granted the refund.

The green line is a ticket that ostensibly took about 40 days to resolve (between 22nd December and 30th January) but the truth is that it was resolved on 25th of December (including messages from some tech support dude on Christmas day). I think I forgot to close the ticket and it just remained open for a while until their system auto closed it.

The red line is a ticket where I asked them to remove a review key of AVP 2010 from my account because it was blocking activation of the retail key that I bought. There were huge differences between the review copy and final build of the game and it was stopping me from playing multiplayer with my friends. It took them a while because the request apparently kept bouncing around internally at Valve. In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought the retail copy because the game sucked.

The yellow line is a ticket where it actually did take 10 days to resolve the issue. There was a constant back and forth of messages on an almost daily basis between me and whoever was trying to help me.

In terms of statistics, this is 15 tickets over the duration of about 5 years with 100% satisfaction in terms of my issues getting resolved. The average time of resolution is about 5 days per ticket (or about 3 days if you don't count that 40 day anomaly). That's not as good as something like Amazon for example but it's also not that bad.

To be clear, I'm not saying that Steam support doesn't have problems. There's just too much evidence to deny that and even Gabe admitted it was a big problem for them. Just that my (anecdotal) experience with them has been pretty positive.

Buraindo

Eh all these bugs and clunky climbing are souring my opinion of Assassin's Creed Rogue. Still enjoying it but I'm not sure why they decided to make climbing such a pain. Too often some walls look like they should be scalable when they aren't. Worst thing is when the game just forces you on another, much longer path just to get around one of these. Can't say I'm a fan of that. At least the bugs are nowhere near as bad as those in 3. Rest is cool though, and Shay's alright.

So, I happened to land up on the Steam support page that lists all your tickets from when they still used the old system and I thought it was sort of interesting.

Steam Support has a famously bad reputation for being slow and unhelpful but my experience with them has been quite positive.

Looking at the page you listed, I noticed that any support request that took a more than a few days on my account isn't listed there anymore. I still have the emails (just checked) so I know I'm not imagining it.
That said. In the past few years, it's only been a few days so its greatly improved. Still not as fast as Origin which has live chat.

Wok

Out of curiosity, I have plotted the distribution of prices of Steam games.

There are a lot of games priced $5, $10, $15, and so on. And another bunch of games filling the [$0, $10] gap, with a decrease, which could be linear. Hard to say.

Except for the $15 mark, devs tend to go with the round numbers $10, $30, $40, rather than $5, $25, $35.

posting here to see if I get any help:

Guys,

I got the steam link so I can do some couch gaming here and there.
I am very frustrated by the device.

I have a very good gaming PC (ryzen 5 1600 overclocked, GTX 1080, 16gb RAM 3200) at 1440p on my gaming monitor.

I just set up my steam link. I connected via etherned cable, and is still bad. the menu seems fine, but sometimes the screen just freezes, and take several seconds for it to become responsive. I can hear the sound of the menu, but the screen freezes. sometimes I can load the game, but then it might take 1-2 minutes for the screen to change.

I tried wireless, wired and still the same crap. There is nothing wrong with my router or modem, I use the same setup with all my devices (ps4, xbox one, switch, netflix), and I am able to stream 4k just fine for example. really fast internet.

SO, it is not my gaming PC(very good hardware), it is not my internet connection (other devices work fine), so is the steam link faulty?

PS: when I test the connection (either wired or wireless), this is the message I got: "network test complete, frame loss 100%, network time 0.0 ms, variance 0.00ms. Your network may not work well with steam link, please use wired network for best experience"

HELP guys.

Ladekabel

How is the PC port of Stick of Truth? Thinking about grabbing it before the sequel next month.

It's like $6 on Humble.

It's good and uncut compared to the console versions if that is a thing you care about. I think there was one QTE I had problems with a controller but I'm not sure.

posting here to see if I get any help:

Guys,

I got the steam link so I can do some couch gaming here and there.
I am very frustrated by the device.

I have a very good gaming PC (ryzen 5 1600 overclocked, GTX 1080, 16gb RAM 3200) at 1440p on my gaming monitor.

I just set up my steam link. I connected via etherned cable, and is still bad. the menu seems fine, but sometimes the screen just freezes, and take several seconds for it to become responsive. I can hear the sound of the menu, but the screen freezes. sometimes I can load the game, but then it might take 1-2 minutes for the screen to change.

I tried wireless, wired and still the same crap. There is nothing wrong with my router or modem, I use the same setup with all my devices (ps4, xbox one, switch, netflix), and I am able to stream 4k just fine for example. really fast internet.

SO, it is not my gaming PC(very good hardware), it is not my internet connection (other devices work fine), so is the steam link faulty?

PS: when I test the connection (either wired or wireless), this is the message I got: "network test complete, frame loss 100%, network time 0.0 ms, variance 0.00ms. Your network may not work well with steam link, please use wired network for best experience"

HELP guys.

Both your PC and the Steam Link are connected via Ethernet? It's a fully wired connection to both?

Perhaps swap out the cables and see if they might be the cause.

Happy iPhone day everyone! I bet the Steam app will run very smoothly on the iPhone X. And stuff.

Nah, it'll still crash and load over the network like a dog, don't worry. :)

Why can't you remove a like on Steam anymore? Doesn't matter if it's a screenshot, a guide or an announcement.

Or is Enhanced Steam haunting me again?

Both your PC and the Steam Link are connected via Ethernet? It's a fully wired connection to both?

Perhaps swap out the cables and see if they might be the cause.

Nah, it'll still crash and load over the network like a dog, don't worry. :)

yes, both wired, using brand new ethernet cables, tried different cables as well

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be 4 Times Bigger than Witcher 3 [rumor]
"The leaked information seems legit as CD Projekt is known for bigger game worlds, example Witcher 3."
http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-4-times-bigger-than-witcher-3/

wat 🤔
Well, if it means huge endless cyberpunk city, than it's great. But it's probably going to be 1/4 actual city and 3/4 of empty wastelands filled with random loot chests. I really hope that i'm wrong, after Deus Ex death i need more great cyberpunk/sci-fi RPGs in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom