• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Is grinding for gold to level up your relics the 'end game'?

The end game is to beat the game in all difficulties, you'll level up your relics long before that. You don't really grind anything, and could probably do harder difficulties with minimal gold farming if you were good enough at it.

That said harder difficulties are hellish with most pubs, it's definitely a game to play with friends instead of randoms.

liezryou

That feel when u trade 300 dota2 keys to russians who then crash the market price using those keys.

I'm the king of this market bitchez

Anteater

I don't get foils.

b8JJFjg.jpg
dem prices doe

Seriously, it's really annoying. So what if you don't like a certain youtuber? People need to get over it.

I have to actively avoid those kind of threads since it's just literally a wall of negativity with people complaining over a person.

I did enter that particular thread though since i was curious what the game looked like. It actually looks kinda good!

yeah i like how the game looks, it looks so close to the original film. Man it's been a while since I've played a horror game.but I think I've watched enough alien films I think I'll be fine!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We assume that you have a 1 in 100 chance of getting a foil, and that any card is equally likely

Ergo the expected value of the cards inside a booster is = ((average price of non-foil card) * 0.99) + ((average price of foil card) * 0.01) - 0.04

(the 0.04 is to account for round-up wastage for the 10% and 5% fees from selling 3 items versus 1 item)

Anteater

We assume that you have a 1 in 100 chance of getting a foil, and that any card is equally likely

Ergo the expected value of the cards inside a booster is = ((average price of non-foil card) * 0.99) + ((average price of foil card) * 0.01) - 0.04

(the 0.04 is to account for round-up wastage for the 10% and 5% fees from selling 3 items versus 1 item)

Getting a foil is such a hassle -- the only time it's not is when there's a buy order for a pretty decent price -- I don't care if the rest of the market lists it at $15+, if there's a buy order standing that nets me $5, I'm okay with that... otherwise, they're such a hassle to try to sell... everyone is constantly undermining each others prices, leading to the inevitable crash for the card... I had one of those Lili of Geos foils and it was pretty rare, I tried to get $10+ for it and by the time I saw the buy order standing at $5, someone else did too. Buy the time it sold, I was lucky to get around $2 for the thing. :\

that reminds me I've never used any of the weapons than the high frequency blade the game comes with, I'd replay it but god damn that 30gig space requirement

It only takes up about 1% of my Steam drive.
At that percentage, it will forever be installed. :3

Damn, this looks so good. The nature looks so vivid. And the sounds! The creeking wood, slight breeze blowing on the bridge, russling leafs. Just beautiful.
I read the game is open-world. I'd seriously wander the world for hours either forgetting the story or just finishing it quick to get it out of the way. The nature sim aspect is much more intriguing.
Still playing with controller, I see frost :p
---
In Dead Space's case it helps that they are all really easy to run as well as the deferred rendered goodness that is Visceral's engine.
Of course now you have a new toy to play with it's time to revisit the stunners of the past and see if you can't bring them up a level or three.
These look beautiful Doc. Crazy how much can be enhanced visually just by eliminating aliasing and crisp textures.
Also fascinating that games do have much more to offer but it's veiled behind low-res. Saw some emulated, high-res PS2, PSP, DS images and some blew me away.
---
The System Shock dev livestream will resume at 1PM PST today, which is in about... 3 hours? I think?
Really interesting to see a FPS where the mouse is much more than just a fixed-aim-tool but for all kinds of usage and most interesting, aiming is unlocked from viewing. Funny that I see the same nowadays with OR in FPS, hah.
Turfy, you were likely already an old man when this hit. And viewing is different than playing the real thing after all. Do you recommend this for someone who got into FPS games with HL1/Unreal? Since you're still not curating I am gonna have to ask you here ;)
---
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8: Engine Power
Ohhhhhhhh.
I want to play the inevitable LotR mod for this.
Looks promising. Nice that the devs make the game with community mods in mind from the start. More games should do that.
---
Look what you made me do...
THERE WILL BE BLOOD... SHED... THE MAN IN THE MIRROR NODS HIS HEAD...
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefros...e 09.28.2014 - 16.13.41.03.mp4.converted.webm
I'm a bit rusty, but it's still Raiden vs. Sam with no damage on revengeance...
Wow, I thought MGR is more hack and slash but it looks more deep than I thought. You really didn't get hit, not even once! How many times did you try, hah?!

Turfster

Really interesting to see a FPS where the mouse is much more than just a fixed-aim-tool but for all kinds of usage and most interesting, aiming is unlocked from viewing. Funny that I see the same nowadays with OR in FPS, hah.
Turfy, you were likely already an old man when this hit. And viewing is different than playing the real thing after all. Do you recommend this for someone who got into FPS games with HL1/Unreal? Since you're still not curating I am gonna have to ask you here ;)

I am sort of curating now. I have 5 followers! =p

Anyway, this wouldn't matter for System Shock 1, which is not readily available and, to be fair, hasn't really aged as well as 2 has. It's still a good game, but it controls and looks really weird if you didn't play it when it first came out.

2 is on Steam and is solid gold, though.

Anyway, this wouldn't matter for System Shock 1, which is not readily available and, to be fair, hasn't really aged as well as 2 has. It's still a good game, but it controls and looks really weird if you didn't play it when it first came out.

That was still pretty much the case when it came out.

I am sort of curating now. I have 5 followers! =p
Number 5 6 is alive.
2 is on Steam and is solid gold, though.
I think I have the second one. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

Mordeccai

The end game is to beat the game in all difficulties, you'll level up your relics long before that. You don't really grind anything, and could probably do harder difficulties with minimal gold farming if you were good enough at it.

That said harder difficulties are hellish with most pubs, it's definitely a game to play with friends instead of randoms.

Huh, just doesnt seem to strike my fancy. I'll keep an eye on it during the winter sale, would maybe drop $7.50 on it.

Arthea

I finished Trails... now waiting for SC continues even more painfully. Although I'm considering doing another run for 100% at later date to make that waiting easier, but it would be really hard to achieve, not sure if possible even.

edited: forgot most important part, Trails is awesome.

I gave up at the
very tepid retread of the asylum.
From what I've heard, it only gets worse from there, and it was a shitstorm to start with, so...

There's no fighting back in Thi4f (which isn't really a problem for a good stealth game, but then, Thi4f is not a good stealth game)

Yeah, I think I'm going to drop it. I'm fine with trying to enforce a stealth playthrough in a stealth game, but the AI has a nasty habit of clairvoyance/cheating so sometimes conflict is inevitable.

If it only gets worse from where I am (or a little after) then it's going in my uninstalled with little chance of finishing category.

Thanks for the input, Turfster.

Ozium

In order to ease into Horror October month I've started to play They Bleed Pixels and it is freakin' sweet.... I only play at night tho

Turfster

In order to ease into Horror October month I've started to play They Bleed Pixels and it is freakin' sweet.... I only play at night tho

I was fine with They Bleed Pixels until a
up/down death maze with buzzsaws coming up inexorably from the bottom
That's when I ragequit =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom