• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought I bought Sakura Spirit when it was on sale a week or two ago, but apparently not. Oh well.

Isn't there a lot of rules and regulations for overseas companies releasing things in China? I think sometimes it's easier for a company like Valve to just partner with a Chinese company to release their products.
Yes. It's different when it's a current online client than just a single game. You have to set up internal servers and stuff.

Valve has really done a lot to make Dota 2 fit with China, the reason keys are no longer a thing for instance, or exclusive cosmetics, that sort of thing.

Shadownet

Banned
After 18 hours, I finally finished Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, 100%. I don't think I ever played a game non-stop like this before. I just couldn't put it down. There are some minor flaws, overall it's wonderful. But I think in the end this game accomplished what it set out to do. Great job Monolith, you got yourself a winner here. I'm very satisfied with this game.

vVdhLPc.png

My xbone controller's light switches off when I turn off my monitor, switches on and vibrates when I turn the monitor on, how cool is that?

Miguel81

After 18 hours, I finally finished Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, 100%. I don't think I ever played a game non-stop like this before. I just couldn't put it down. There are some minor flaws, overall it's wonderful. But I think in the end this game accomplished what it set out to do. Great job Monolith, you got yourself a winner here. I'm very satisfied with this game.

How completionist of you. Seems that it didn't wear out it's welcome. Good.

My xbone controller's light switches off when I turn off my monitor, switches on and vibrates when I turn the monitor on, how cool is that?

Uh, très cool?

Arthea

All this talk about mice made me realize that already more than month passed and I still haven't bought normal permanent mouse. I probably will need to give in and buy razer or live with those bought for couple of days forever. (._.)
Why you fail me so Logitech.

that would annoy me, actually (><)

Nzyme32

Preording The Evil Within is the most I've paid for a game in nearly 3 years, I gotta have it day 1.

586e84.gif

This is really going off course a bit, but this has been really bugging me for the past month as I've noticed it in almost every 3rd person game - the gun is very rarely pointed at where it would actually shoot. At close range or long range the gun points as if to aim at a fixed depth/distance

Grief.exe

Hey guys couple of (hopefully) quick questions.

I'm looking to upgrade my pc next year but I'm going to buy some of the more peripheral stuff just now (if this is a terrible idea just tell me to stop now)

Would these be good choices for a gaming keyboard, mouse and mat?

Corsair Vengeance k70
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JIVZUDY/

Logitech g502 proteus core
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGS9LU8/

Steel Series QcK pad
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UEZ36W/

Silly question I'm sure but in the meantime would these work on my Mac? And are cherry brown switches acceptable as a general all around mechanical switch?

A bit late but I just bought a K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches. It's incredible, I highly recommend it. The K70 I believe is the exact same without the nonsense LED lights. I have a friend with a standard K70 with Cherry MX Brown switches and he also swears by it.

The mechanical market is so crowded that it is difficult to recommend just one brand. Check out Ducky, Das, WASD, or Rosewill for some more competitive options.

Devil's Advocate here, but Corsair had some problems with their last line of boards. I haven't looked into these new ones, but might let them proliferate in the market a bit.

Freezard

Just beat Gauntlet. Played it 3-player on Unfair difficulty from the start which was kind of painful until we manged to get and level up artifacts and masteries, and well, figure out tactics that worked. It's what you can expect from a Gauntlet game, chaotic fun in co-op that lasts a 10 hour or so. Blowing up thousands of enemies is cool and sometimes there was so much stuff on the screen that I thought I was playing a bullet hell game. I wish there was more to the game though since there's absolutely no reason to replay it. The masteries you level up are pretty much useless besides your survivor one and the artifacts you buy for gold are quickly upgraded to max level. Then you only have cosmetics to buy and you'll be stuck with the same attacks throughout the whole game. Kind of disappointing since a loot system or a true skill tree had added so much to the game.

I played as the Elf but the Wizard is the coolest since he has the most attacks and can do a lot with them. We never tested the Warrior because he seemed to suck (and according to the forum he does). The narrator gets really annoying talking about your characters needing food, especially on Unfair where you won't get any life at all from food anyway, and the music is super generic and forgetful unfortunately. Was expecting something more since Seven Sorrows had such an amazing soundtrack. Also the camera can be an ass and not show what's ahead or get you stuck cause it moves too slow when players are at the opposite ends of the screen.

7/10

I just hit the 18 hours mark but it seems that I'm far from finishing the game, 25 out of 51 achievements.
I must say that I'm really enjoying the gameplay, killing orcs never gets boring.

Arthea

I like how a guy from my local store cheerfully informed me just now that logitech is so yesterday that he can't understand why anybody would want one, razer is the future! Maybe it really is?

So I was playing some of my bundle games while waiting for card drops.

There's this one called Post Apocalyptic Mayhem. It's basically a "race" where people spend most of it blowing each other up with various weapons (that are picked up off the track mario kart style)

Anyway at one point the game gets stuck on a loading screen. So whatever I CTRL ALT DEL to bring up the task manager. HOWEVER as soon as I do that the game pops back up, still on the loading screen. Eventually I had to restart the PC just to get my computer back.

Piece of shit game.

I like how a guy from my local store cheerfully informed me just now that logitech is so yesterday that he can't understand why anybody would want one, razer is the future! Maybe it really is?

It must be if your store clerk says so.
Guess he also wanted to sell you some super great Happy Feet game!

Hope the PC version of The Evil Within is decent. Not buying it until I get some confirmation.

I can always get the PS4 version of course.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, you can now preorder Destiny for PC on MMOGA, a german (I think) keystore...
Date listed is March 2015 but that (like everything else) might be a placeholder.

Dr Dogg

Where did you go? Was the shop called Milamber's 'r' Us?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is shocking. I never thought Destiny would ever see a PC release, said absolutely no one.

Wonder if they're going to pack in all of the DLC.

No, I'm not surprised about that, but if this is legit (which let's be honest it probably isn't) that would be sooner than I thought.

I have a grain of salt here if you need something to take that with. ;)

No need to, I'm almost literally bathing in salt.

thankfully he haven't tried to sell me anything else, but he was clearly taken aback and even somewhat offended when I refused all razers he had to offer (><)

ever heard of explosive bullets?

I have a razer keyboard since I got that when Razer had this 90% mistake on their site, but I love my logitech mouse. The keyboard would have been 130&#8364; IIRC, but actually it feels like a 30 or 40&#8364; one.

Wow. Congrats Shadow. How was the 100%? Easy enough or was there some hiccups here and there? I'm really digging the game so I might just go for the full thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The blurb on Pool Nation's store page still states that it's "Steam's only pool game". Cherry Pop ought to fix that. ;)

Edit: For those of you on Team Red, Sniper Elite 3 now has Mantle support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom