• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well time to go see if I can break Windows 10 TP. Of course it would happen to come out at a time I have no spare hard drives kicking around, no spare hardware and going to have to dual boot on to a PC I really don't need to have anything magically disappear like what happened during 7's early preview versions for me. Should be interesting to see how well this play with some of my Steam library.

Grief.exe

Well time to go see if I can break Windows 10 TP. Of course it would happen to come out at a time I have no spare hard drives kicking around, no spare hardware and going to have to dual boot on to a PC I really don't need to have anything magically disappear like what happened during 7's early preview versions for me. Should be interesting to see how well this play with some of my Steam library.

Post your results, I need to do a reformat soon anyway. Always willing to roll the dice.

dot

D:

soon. fixing my security stuff and doing a job app

who's the new avatar?

bruh

BRUH

it's the canadian goddess

:3

Winners don't do drugs.

Bundlestars is selling The Ship for a dollar, for the 2 people that don't have it and actually want it.

But i'm not a winner. I'm a loser, just look at my profile.

Anyone else up for Speed? Probably 2 spots left.

We won't start for a while though. Sometime later today.

tmarg

This is why yu just use a wired 360 controller or something. Or play with a keyboard and mouse like a normal person?

I like dpads.

Also, M+KB is actually a poor choice for several games, even though saying so tends to anger a lot of PC Gaming Master Race type people.

dot

I like dpads.

Also, M+KB is actually a poor choice for several games, even though saying so tends to anger a lot of PC Gaming Master Race type people.

Oh, i agree. I need a controller for most fighting games that isn't Skullgurls and stuff like Dark Souls. But i kinda meant using M+KB for most things.

So Halloween sale is near, right? Hopefully I'll finally see DreadOut at 50% off or something like that.

It should be! I hope DR2 is on sale again. With a bigger discount than 50%. :|

C4rter

The usual leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Chrome -- MB-F964ABAD64982D64 - Taken by Mikurden
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-24A2BDF458B94F09 - Taken by Henry Swanson

For the DS3 controller
master race
people: my drivers are suddenly going mad! I'm not using Motionjoy, just XInput wrapper. It's worked flawlessly until now!

Now when I plug my controller in, it recognizes it as a PS3 controller under the "safely remove hardware" tab, but all of the lights on the controller blink rather than the P1 light staying on. The device manager doesn't recognize the controller at all, so every time I plug in, I have to uninstall and then reinstall the XInput wrapper! Does anyone know what's going on? :O

Did you apply any updates to your OS recently?
Any chance windows update decided to replace the custom bluetooth driver that was being used before?

hopefully, with their being so much love given to the DS4, we'll see more stuff like this:

or mods like this, which are awesome:

At first I was like you. I was like "how do I know what button to press?! I can't make sense of it." I guess it matters if you've never played games using a 360 controller... but if you have? It should just be natural.

Is it really an issue? I use a DS3 personally and don't see an issue with the XBox prompts. I guess I just know both layouts and don't care. meh.

Random gibberish aside, I agree completely. it's not like the buttons are in different places and when you're using a DS3 or DS4 with xinput that the O button is mapped to LT and the X button is mapped to select or something. You push the same button you would on the 360 controller when you see the prompt.

header_292x136.jpg

lol why does the guy in the pic always make me think of David James Elliott (JAG)?

Toki767

I never really bothered to learn button layouts per se, but games nowadays just use such obvious button mapping. Cross/A to jump, Square/X to attack/reload, Triangle/Y for heavy attack/change weapon, Circle/B for like everything else. It's just second nature now I guess.

So Sword Of The Stars 2 is a belated weekend deal - I absolutely fucking loved the first one, but have been put off by the issues the sequel seems to have had at launch.

Is this worth a pickup for fans of the first? Are all of the problems pretty much patched out by now?

I just want a Lego bundle for $10 that includes all the stuff WB has published. I can't handle paying $5 for every game each time it goes on sale, dammit : /

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-73268697E6BB58E6 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
A ______ of liquid.
Mystery Game -- MB-61EE1A262EF1D1A2 - Taken by hohoXD123. 5 entrants total.
Cities, mysteries and some kids.

t1412281578z1.png

All this PCSX and BetterDS3 and XinputWrapper and DS3 crap is so confusing. This is why yu just use a wired 360 controller or something. Or play with a keyboard and mouse like a normal person?

Silly doubt planters.

Nope.

kb+m is meant for doing office work, not gaming*, silly dot.
*except in rare instances where the interface is like doing office work (RTS games and Point and Click adventure games, I'm looking at you).

Dr Dogg

Post your results, I need to do a reformat soon anyway. Always willing to roll the dice.

Well I'm a bit tight in space and could only partition off 35gb so going to have to do some inteliget moving and linking to get some Steam stuff to work I guess. Be interesting to see what the performance is like in games at this early stage. If it's on par with 7 or 8 that would be pretty sweet but I'm not holding my breath.

Tizoc

How you guys getting Windows X so early? I got Windows 8.1 and am tempted to risk the upgrade :V

Those things are optional. No one is making you do them except you.

True, doesn't stop us from doing them though, especially when you get an OCD for these things from past games.
At least I'm not doing the Rune challenges :p

dot

Shadownet

Banned
Wow The Vanishing of Ethan Carter got a 1GB update.

Update #3 is now live!

This is a big update that adds some extra functionality to the game and hopefully squashes all the remaining issues. Full changelog:

- Added the fast travel option to the end area
- Added the option to remove any extra camera motion (e.g. head bob)
- Added the option to choose the way Save notification is displayed
- Slightly easier section in the old mine area
- Added the improved German translation (thx Tool8!)
- Smart/Still Crosshair improvements and bugfixes
- Gamepad vibration can now be turned off completely
- Launcher now correctly remembers and relies the settings
- Steam cloud saves officially launched
- Birds won't chirp during the witch's forest segment
- Tweaks of the music timings
- Fixes of menu behavior on gamepad
- Added a missing sound of de-materialization in certain spots
- Fix of the turbine sounds
- Fixes of the elevators behavior post save
- A couple of smaller bugfixes and improvements (menu, gameplay)
- Changed the sniper rifle spawn point to the center of the lake

One week ago Microsoft said Windows 9 will be free, then few days later they announced Window 10 thus skipping Windows 9. No wonder they said Windows 9 will be free since it doesn't even exist. Good way of trolling Microssoft, well done. -_-
Most people inside Microsoft didn't even know it would be called Windows 10 until that conference anyway. Chill out.

MadGear

Can someone explain to me how to use the family sharing?
If a friend want to share his library with me, what should we do?

IIRC your friend actually needs to log in his account from your PC and then authorize your PC to use his library (Settings->Family-> Authorize This Computer)
However sharing only works as long as your friend isn't playing any of his games on Steam. The moment he starts playing his library becomes unavailable to you.

Aaron D.

Looks like the Paradox sale just went live.

I only need less than $8 to sweep up the remaining DLC content for EUIV. That's everything except for the Wealth of Nations expansion, which is $6.69.

So if I want to 100% all the content I'll have to practically double my layout.

Maybe I should just wait for Steam Holiday sale for WoN?

IIRC your friend actually needs to log in his account from your PC and then authorize your PC to use his library (Settings->Family-> Authorize This Computer)
However sharing only works as long as your friend isn't playing any of his games on Steam. The moment he starts playing his library becomes unavailable to you.

and then every account on that computer has the shared library? I ask this because from what you're saying, you authorize the machine, not the account

Just played RE6 Onslaught mode with Jawmuncher. Was pretty fun.

Anyone interested in playing Predator mode? It supports up to 6 players, but it's pretty hard to find a game. Would be fun to play with other gaffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom