• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

OK paradox, now you've done it. I had bloody enough of complete dlc packs that are less than half of dlcs, that's it, I'm done, won't even bother to play it.

edited: too bad I already bought all Paradox games, but no more (><)

Arthea

Well looping installation sequence, 2 blue screens and got cock blocked trying to install my LAN drivers so had to force them in but finally up and running. Yeah it's a preview alright. Very jittery navigating even basic OS elements and some windows become unresponsive for a second or two. Unless you want a play around and see what's what I'd wait it out for a bit and I really wouldn't recomend it for the non savy users or as a daily use OS, even for light usage folks. There's a long way to go, like 12 months plus, before Windows 10 will be on the shelves.

why would you do it to yourself?
Even installing "finished in MS understating" OS is almost deadly experience at the star, and you install this?!

vvise

2014-10-02_23-32-06.jpg

Kamiya strikes yet again ;)

hah. i love these.

AsfaeksBR

You will need about 20 hours to finish the story depending of your play style. If you want to finish the game at 100% it will be quite a challenge: Of course, you will have to finish the story (that is a challenge in itself ^^), but you will also have to succeed all sub-missions and get the 4 ensigns for each mission:

* Finish the mission without killing anyone. Yes you can also use the gentle way to accomplish Styx’s destiny and you have many ways to avoid killing people, starting with being the most discreet as possible.

* Finish the mission without being spotted a single time. The AI is attentive to a lot of details, like movement, past events, sounds, suspect bodies on the ground… but an accident can so easily happen! ;)

* Collecting all items in the mission, there is more than 300 of it to find! (Jase's paradise)

* Finish the mission as quick as possible. Once you’ll be used to Styx’s capacities, you’ll be able to challenge yourself and try to find the fastest means and ways to reach your goals.

As you can imagine, it will be hard to be totally unseen and be as quick as possible in a single run; it’s where you will play with the challenge mode that allow you to replay any mission with all the skills you have unlocked in story mode. Been unseen or been quick will force you to try to found alternative paths and alternative way to handle situations. You’ll see that it’s a complete different experience!

Last but not least, some treasures are hidden into the Tower of Akenash; Will you be able find them?

Okay, I'm sold on Styx. Gonna get it tomorrow!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well looping installation sequence, 2 blue screens and got cock blocked trying to install my LAN drivers so had to force them in but finally up and running. Yeah it's a preview alright. Very jittery navigating even basic OS elements and some windows become unresponsive for a second or two. Unless you want a play around and see what's what I'd wait it out for a bit and I really wouldn't recomend it for the non savy users or as a daily use OS, even for light usage folks. There's a long way to go, like 12 months plus, before Windows 10 will be on the shelves.

I've been running for hours and it's just fine for me and even runs better than 8.1 I'm guessing it's mostly hardware configuration differences at this point. The only problem I've had thus far is that links from outside programs wont trigger in the browser for whatever reason.

Killer is Dead was really not made in mind with a mouse, getting headshots is a one shot kill the majority of the time and it's SUPER easy to do it with a mouse.

Another thing I noticed is that since Mika reviving Mondo is tied to the FPS if you cap your FPS to 15 through something like dxtory it makes it SUUUPPPER easy to get revives(at 60FPS its pretty difficult)

Focus Home started sending out PS4/Xbone/Steam review codes today. Received mine some hours ago. Have not started it yet though.
EvolvePR sent out their codes for it quite some time ago, you should try getting on their list.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Killer is Dead was really not made in mind with a mouse, getting headshots is a one shot kill the majority of the time and it's SUPER easy to do it with a mouse.

Another thing I noticed is that since Mika reviving Mondo is tied to the FPS if you cap your FPS to 15 through something like dxtory it makes it SUUUPPPER easy to get revives(at 60FPS its pretty difficult)

In the official thread there are settings to adjust it to your FPS so you could give it a shot if you're a lame-o and need reviving.

Tizoc

Friend of mine is reviewing this right now.

Focus Home started sending out PS4/Xbone/Steam review codes today. Received mine some hours ago. Have not started it yet though.

Would love to hera impressions before the game's release as I plan on getting it with my Idle Master Dollas.

EvolvePR sent out their codes for it quite some time ago, you should try getting on their list.

For the Mika revive there is a fix for if you set the FPS to 60, if you check Steam Com. guides.

Dr Dogg

Well Steam installed and 360 pad is the usual plug and play job. So fired up Mordor and it sort of 'works'.
2560x1440 - Very High preset
0817732C286500D0426769AB0FFAC6AF20796095

70% of 2560x1440 (roughly 1920x1080 give or take 5%)- Very High preset
4876FF1AF7372C1A56B3B361BFB1A4859C4C3CA2
Now on the surface that looks like better preformance than I get on Windows 8.1 by about 5-10 frames but my word are the frametimes all over the place. In game it feels like someone is coming up to me and shaking my chair as I play. That's on 344.11 drivers which are fine under 7 and 8.1 but could be a whole host of things that could be causing it.
Still didn't crash for the brief 10 minute run-around and getting in to trouble I managed. I'll have a proper mess about with a few more titles tomorrow but yeah not a good idea for smooth gaming as of yet.

why would you do it to yourself?
Even installing "finished in MS understating" OS is almost deadly experience at the star, and you install this?!

Well someone has to test it out and report back bugs hence why this has been opened up to Enterprise customers and the public. I've already highlighted two issues with Intel Network compatibility on the built in tracker app so fingers crossed this gets picked up and other users won't have to do some driver update work around like I had to. Plus I'm expecting it to go wrong at any point so I won't be disappointed when it (and it will) goes pear shaped.

I've been running for hours and it's just fine for me and even runs better than 8.1 I'm guessing it's mostly hardware configuration differences at this point. The only problem I've had thus far is that links from outside programs wont trigger in the browser for whatever reason.

Compared to the other previews that I've tried that Microsoft has put out over the years it's the most up together out of the box. Though I'm using it on a system with the flakiest Gigabyte motherboard I've ever owned so I'm putting my crashing and LAN driver issues down to that and not being accounted for early on.

AsfaeksBR

My birthday!!! But since the game releases at the same day, it's maybe not a good sign. But It's probably like Ethan Carter: Small team, so they are working hard on the game until a few hours before release, so they couldn't send the keys in advance.

I mean I really liked Aarklash way more than I should have, but day one'ing a Cyanide game sight unseen is really not recommended behavior.

Just waiting to sell the last cards and I'll be good to go. IdleMaster money = Best money!

Phawx

Oh, Also, just FYI to those who would find it interesting. I have a family share set up with my friend. I can't play Styx from his Library yet.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nope.

kb+m is meant for doing office work, not gaming*, silly dot.
*except in rare instances where the interface is like doing office work (RTS games and Point and Click adventure games, I'm looking at you).

I used to prefer controllers for most games, excluding games like AoE, Civ,etc., but lately I've mainly just been sticking to kb+m now for PC gaming. It just feels right.

It's mostly just preferences though.

And then suddenly everyone died of starvation.
Damn you Banished, damn you.

Indiegala Greenlight bundle
Price: 1$
  • Into the gloom
  • Catmouth Island
  • Sam Glyph Private eye
  • Mind Dead
  • Undead Legions
  • Banzai Pecan Last Hope for the Young Century
  • Bomb the Monsters!
  • Social Justice Warriors
  • Astroloco Worst Contact
  • Three Fourths Home

Banzai Pecan looks pretty fucking kawaii.

I'm finding the difficulty in Shadow of Mordor to be pretty odd. The orcs go down without damaging me, but the dog-like beasts keep bringing me down. I feel like I can't attack them because the dodge icon can pop up and become too late during the span of a single one of my attacks.

Nabs

I'm finding the difficulty in Shadow of Mordor to be pretty odd. The orcs go down without damaging me, but the dog-like beasts keep bringing me down. I feel like I can't attack them because the dodge icon can pop up and become too late during the span of a single one of my attacks.

Focus on converting them to your cause. Are you talking about those things you can ride? I'm still kind of early in the game.

yuraya

2014-10-02_23-32-06.jpg

Kamiya strikes yet again ;)

Man some people just never gonna let the Bayo stuff go lol. The reply was perfect.

Speaking of Bayo. Since the first one was a multiplat..is there ever a chance of it coming to Steam? kinda would like to play it and see what all the fuss is about.

Jawmuncher

There's only 1 thing at the moment bothering in shadows of mordor. I'm not a fan how targets can be immune to the bow and stealth stabs. That's a bit much .

Uzzy

Man some people just never gonna let the Bayo stuff go lol. The reply was perfect.

Speaking of Bayo. Since the first one was a multiplat..is there ever a chance of it coming to Steam? kinda would like to play it and see what all the fuss is about.

There's a chance, sure. But Sega, despite being one of the more prominent PC publishers around, so far haven't been too interested in porting the Japanese games they published to Steam, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom