• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Camp 2011 - Immediate Regrets :(

DoctorWho said:
Oh, the single player is fantastic but the multiplayer was the highlight for me on 360. Should have kept that version as I hear you can still find games.

Yeah, I bought it for 360 for $5 dollars awhile back..Great Deal!!! Disappointed that the game is dead on the PC..

When I got Dead Space 2 off of Steam I realized about an hour into the game that none of the audio or video logs were playing. Neither was any of the radio chatter.

I verified the cache integrity and it downloaded another 2GB! I was sure something was wrong when Isaac and radio lady were acting like they had had previous conversations.

Cyrillus

Out of all the games I bought, my only regret so far is Mount & Blade. Only played the tutorial so far, but the gameplay felt really clunky.

Also, I regret missing the first day of sales, namely the Bit.trip games. I'm debating picking them up at full price, I mean I should just wait until they go on sale, but they are so tempting.

wrowa

I was thinking about buying Assassin's Creed 2. I'm so relieved I didn't, seeing that it cost less than half as much on Gamersgate a single day later :x

Frozen Synapse $6.25
Atom Zombie Smasher $2.99
Jamestown $4.99
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER $2.50
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition $6.79
Port Royale 2 $1.24

TOTAL $24.76

My only regret is Jamestown. It seems like a very nice game, but I'm unlikely to play it.

ETA:
wrowa said:
I was thinking about buying Assassin's Creed 2. I'm so relieved I didn't, seeing that it cost less than half as much on Gamersgate a single day later :x

Oh. Well, then. Fuck.

dani_dc

Vlad said:
I haven't tried with that modifier on yet, but I'm thinking that if/when I do, I'm pretty much going to go Infantry/Artillery/Sniper every single month. As annoying as the mechanic is, those three merc units are so insanely powerful compared to the others that I can't imagine it being worth it to go for anything BUT that combination.
Yeah, that modifier is unbalanced to the player side but it makes the game more enjoyable, especially for someone just starting.
The completely random default mechanic isn't exactly a balanced either though, as you stated in the longer campaign (and even the medium one) there are rounds that are useless just because of the mercenaries you got. It's very luck dependent and can make the game frustating rather quickly.
The game needs to have a better balance, perhaps just crossing out one or two mercenaries per month while keeping the rest optional would work best to force you to try various mercenaries without punishing the player too much.

Top Bottom