• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
Is Tribes Ascend GOTY edition worth it? I really love the game and jsut started playing can anyone provide some guidence on weahter or not to purchase it?

It depends on what you're expecting. The developer has abandoned creating content for it in favour of Smite; if you intend to buy in on the expectation that Hirez will still be creating significant content, I would say save your money. At this point the GOTY pack isn't really as valuable as it would have been back in beta; the XP costs for unlocks aren't nearly as high as they used to be.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
all modbot keys have a "mb-" tag at the beginning ;)

I know that. The MB stands for MorningBus, after all.

I just find it amusing to see the lengths he went through to obfuscate the code and have it be blown apart within seconds.

H3xum

Could someone who has intimate knowledge of the Witcher 2 mod scene perhaps send me a PM with the worthwhile mods?

Thanks in advance, duders

3phemeral

I know that. The MB stands for MorningBus, after all.

I just find it amusing to see the lengths he went through to obfuscate the code and have it be blown apart within seconds.

I loved watching your post transition from:

"The mb stands for morningbus."
"The MB stands for MorningBus."
"The MB stands for MorningBus, after all."

As I refreshed the page.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Either you guys are fuckin' with me at this point or you don't understand what I find amusing.

I realize how easy it was to find the key.

I loved watching your post transition from:

"The mb stands for morningbus."
"The MB stands for MorningBus."
"The MB stands for MorningBus, after all."

As I refreshed the page.

As a trained writer, I'm all about clarity of message.

Also constant editing.

SlickVic

Think I'll get in on Torchlight 2 if that ends up winning the vote. That leaves Dishonored for $10 whenever Steam decided to put that as a daily/flash/community.

Also was looking for DMC but it seems Capcom locked the prices on all their sales to be the same as the last GMG sale, so if it's $25 again, that gets a pass from me.

lolsauce, finally get some time to constantly refresh the thread in hopes of snagging something cool and everyone decides to start getting clever with their giveaways. I suppose not being lucky enough to achieve a random post number is better than being too slow PM'ing a code.

Miker

It depends on what you're expecting. The developer has abandoned creating content for it in favour of Smite; if you intend to buy in on the expectation that Hirez will still be creating significant content, I would say save your money. At this point the GOTY pack isn't really as valuable as it would have been back in beta; the XP costs for unlocks aren't nearly as high as they used to be.

I find it a bit sad that the game never took off. I stopped playing shortly after launch because I think the game needed a bit more content and polish, and I guess other players agreed.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck just how good is Mark Of The Ninja ? Only a few hours into it and I can't see it anything it does wrong so far as a stealth game. Bloody marvellous.

Completed Deadlight earlier in one sitting and enjoyed that as well. The controls aren't precise enough for a couple of sections it throws at you later but I really enjoyed it overall. Reminds me in a way of games like Flashback and Another World (though not as good as Flashback anyway)

Hip Hop

Guys, anything wrong with Steam right now, is this normal behavior?

Downloading a game right now, It is going at 100 KB/s and dropping to 0 at times.

Just did a SpeedTest and my internet seems fine at 10Mbps.

Sorian

Banned
I get off work in 40 minutes and this gunpoint game might win the vote. I know nothing about it. Someone sell me on the game.

Cth

Still haven't tried Mark of the Ninja.

Can someone sell me on it? All I know is it's a stealth game from the guys who did Shank?

Papytendo

Downloading a game right now, It is going at 100 KB/s and dropping to 0 at times.

For a sale, yes. Don't expect your full download rate in a sale.

liezryou

Anyone know when they are going to be releasing the starbound keys? I somehow have one extra attached to my humble account and might give it away.

Stop download then restart it. I get a constant 4.2mb/s

I get off work in 40 minutes and this gunpoint game might win the vote. I know nothing about it. Someone sell me on the game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Whats this game? |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gunpoint is a sidescrolling stealth action game with puzzle elements that actually delivers on the promise of a stealth game. You'll be tasked with missions for which you need to plan and execute an infiltration plan, take out the guards (or avoid them completely), execute your objectives and then safely return to your home. The most interesting feature of the game that will give it a lot of replayability is the ability to "cross-wire" electric circuits. This allows you , for example, to change a light switch to operating a door or a light on a completely different floor. This allows for a variety of shenanigans with the reactions of the guards and technical possibilities, which makes the levels almost feel a little sandbox in itself. You'll get witty mission briefings, developer commentary in the Special Edition, tight game mechanics and control and a level editor! Let me say that again, LEVEL EDITOR.
From the official thread

KJ869

Still haven't tried Mark of the Ninja.

Can someone sell me on it? All I know is it's a stealth game from the guys who did Shank?

Imagine Shank was good game with nice story and with working stealth mechanics, and you have mark of the ninja.

DukeBobby

Gunpoint also has some of the best achievements ever.

For example:

bsT6Ova.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom