• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own the Witcher 2, GoG version but I shamefully tempted by cards. I actually have a copy in my inventory that I was saving to give as a gift if I saw a new PC builder who desperately wanted to play the during an off sale time. I may just use that for myself.

Tomb Raider is another game I've been waiting for. I'll have to consider which deal I want.

Oh man!

I just realised I made a stupid mistake.

Bought Tomb Raider when it was 50% off.

I DIDNT WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEAL!!!!!

Stupid! :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Anyone willing to do a 4-pack for Borderlands 2? I'm still sour about missing out on the $15 deal at GMG, but with a 4-pack + Season pass it will only end up being a couple bucks more on Steam.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Got the remaining Tomb Raider games that I didn't already own.

RMNcoqM.png

I'm really glad I'm not the only person to jump on the old Tomb Raider games.

Now I'm debating to get Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City....

Yes!!!! Thank you so much chugen! Literally the greatest poster in GAF history. He got me FTL. More deserving to the name Mr. Awesome than I am.

DukeBobby

Wow wtf D: Your US deals are so much better than here in UK. We have Tomb Raider for £15 and The Witcher 2 for £7.50.

Anyway I can purchase the US versions or something so I pay less?

Huh? Tomb Raider is £7.49 and The Witcher 2 is £3.74.

Reload the page, and the prices should change.

scottzorus

Neo Member
Are you talking about the 2013 release? It's a reboot so you don't need to play the older ones.

Yeah, I just want the new one
I probably won't play any of the older ones, but.... they're so cheap, or are ANY of the older ones worth playing these days that held up well?

I feel conflicted about my GoG DRM free Witcher 2 right now...
Wish I could link it to my Steam account.

Don't be, you supported CD Projekt gives us the Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. I also grabbed my copy from there on launch day.

For the love of gawd people, buy the Witcher 2. It is an incredible game for that price.

Do the old tomb raider games have 360 controller support?

They don't show as 'full controller support' or 'partial controller support', so you'll probably have to manually map the controller in each game.

I can confirm that all TR games from Legend onwards work perfectly with a 360 controller though.

Wonder if the original creators even get paid for these Tomb Raider games.. heard they all bought Ferrari's anyway so I'm sure they're not hurting too bad.

Anniversary is borderline great. It's marred by a handful of quicktime events for uninspired boss encounters but it's a good love letter to the original.

Unsure whether to pick up Underworld.. I quite liked the demo but I get the feeling it's not going to be as good as Anniversary.
okay, i'm not buying games i won't play JUST because they're cheap. so help me pick one... anniversary or underworld?
Anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom