• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy415

Woohoo!
Just scooped up Tomb Raider, The Witcher 2, and RPG Maker!
So glad I didn't bite on em at yesterday's prices! :D

Looks like The Witcher (1) is down to $2.49 as well in case anyone didn't bite at $4.99 yesterday (like I did, haha).

Maybe it's a silly question (this IS my first Steam Sale), but is there any chance Game Maker: Studio Professional might end up on sale too?
I'll keep an eye on it either way, but any insight would be much appreciated! :)

usea

I don't think I'm going to end up buying anything else during this sale. I want x-com, don't starve, prison architect, reus, gunpoint, rogue legacy, and a few other misc games. But I'm not buying them until they go under $5, which I don't think will be this sale.

Actually I'd probably buy Prison Architect for $7.

Another indie recommendation!

Puddle - $2.99 (70% off)
ss_7ed985ae358c157aa4bea3e905eef2b754f1242c.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222140/

Rotate the environment to maneuver various fluids through obstacles and traps. Awesome fluid physics and innovative level designs ranging from a rocket engine to the human body.

It's really cool. Each fluid varies in viscosity and other elements. For example playing as nitroglycerin, you have to go slowly so you don't explode but also have to segment yourself to blow up obstacles

The levels are equally varied. In one you might be manipulating rocket fuel in space ship than be in zero gravity once the ship launches. Or you might be cough medicine, moving through the body in fuzzy x ray-style visuals, avoiding needles and controlling peristalsis to move through the digestive tracf

Highly recommended

curlycare

Hmm did LaNoires' price just change or am I seeing things?

Edit: Or maybe it listed the SuperDuper edition for me before..

The_Monk

Out_Of_Ammo said:
It's nothing creepy right?

I'm not creepy at all fellow GAFfer!

Also, which game should I Vote?

Hope people are getting Tomb Raider and or Borderlands 2. Old Tomb Raiders are at a great price too! So good nostalgia from them...! :,)

Don't know about the HD version, don't have it yet, but the game is my GOAT. I'd say it still holds up, especially because there haven't been too many RTS to make the formula better. I'd recommend it without any doubt.

Thank you. I'll try to set up a four pack with someone and get it ! Thanks for the impresisons.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Don't die on me Steam. I must get Tomb Raider at $0.80! :p

Should I played the first Witcher or just skip to 2?

Each is pretty much self-contained. I personally like the Witcher 1 better, and it's the direction that CDPR are going back with the Witcher 3. It is a long RPG, and the second Act drags for a while. A lot of people stopped playing because it just seemed to go on forever. Once you get through that area though, the game is god-tier western RPG nirvana. It probably has the most mature story ever told in an RPG (well besides the sex cards :p).

SHarris78

Any opinions on Kinetic Void? Sounds/looks pretty good.

Picking up the Tomb Raider package, and MAYBE Borderlands 2, as I've never played it.

Aranath

Is any of the Tomb Raider DLC worth picking up?

Well, besides the MP stuff. I'm not interested in that - only the SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom